Jomtien Immigration

swissie

I went to Jomtian Immigration yesterday at 2pm to file 90 day report. Handed them passport and TM.47. No other paper work or questions asked.

Is the TM 47 form necessary under the new system? I was under the impression you just hand them your passport.

Tropo, I am unsure if you needed the TM.47 or not. I printed it out at home and just handed it in and he took it. I had to go in anyway as I needed to get a re entry permit and tried doing the 90 day report on line but kept getting returned to the Captcha page, so just did them both at same time and was done in 20 minutes.

• 2 months later...

I did my retirement extension in August. Along with my passport, photo, application fee and bank letter I produced an electricity bill, as usual, and no one asked for any proof of whether I owned or rented my condo.

I am in the computer for my 90-day reporting and for that I produce nothing at all apart from my passport.

YMMV

There may have been a change since then, KK.

I was in there more recently for something else, and there was a lot of chatter at the retirement desk about address stuff ... words were spoken like ... never needed this before, come back later when you've got the goods, etc. It felt like things were a bit loud and tense ... but no SCREAMING witnessed.

No I don't know either about specific changes for condo owners. Wish I did though.

Edited by Jingthing

I was in there more recently for something else, and there was a lot of chatter at the retirement desk about address stuff ... words were spoken like ... never needed this before, come back later when you've got the goods, etc. It felt like things were a bit loud and tense ... but no SCREAMING witnessed.

No I don't know either about specific changes for condo owners. Wish I did though.

Certainly possible. I only gave my personal experience of 6 weeks ago, for what it's worth. I dare say the rules will have changed yet again by next August.

Does anyone know why Thais have so much trouble with communication? It seems childishly simple to me to publish a proper list of requirements in black and white and to apply and enforce it across the country.

Certainly possible. I only gave my personal experience of 6 weeks ago, for what it's worth. I dare say the rules will have changed yet again by next August.

Does anyone know why Thais have so much trouble with communication? It seems childishly simple to me to publish a proper list of requirements in black and white and to apply and enforce it across the country.

It's probably a throwback to Thai Feudalism, hundreds of years ago, where regional Lords governed their isolated areas of Siam and liked to maintain a high degree of autonomy.

Be careful what you wish for though. It seems to me, after reading reports about other offices, that Jomtien is one of the Farang-friendliest of them all.

A little off topic, I was traveling up country and did my 90 day in Khon Kaen. So now am in the system as resident there. Any problems reporting at Jomtien? Khon Kaen had a bit of an issue with my reporting there as my address is in Pattaya. Any inputs from others in same situation?

Any problems reporting at Jomtien?

Since a while it is obvious that you have to report to the immigration where you did your last extension (under your registered address).

So Khon Kaen has done some tricky "relocation". Do you have an "official" address in KK area now?

I expect you will have a problem next time in Jomtien.

You will have to rollback by issuing a TM28 form and maybe even a TM30 from the landlord.

One of the important easings of the report by internet is, that such hassle can easily be avoided.

(if it works for you)

Edited by KhunBENQ