Jomtien Immigration

swissie

You don't need a rental contract for reporting. I brought proof of current address (late June). They input my information on their computer. She told me next time I only need to bring my passport and handed it back along with photocopies of my passport I gave her.

For visas extensions based on retirement you need to show a rental agreement if you are renting.

Exactly as what occured with my 90 day report 1 week ago no proof of residence passport only shown.

as for extension i always use a utility bill receipt which is never handed back

0h btw extension run out on 17 sep 2015 renewed this also so good now until 17 sep 2016 unique huh lol.

Edited by Rimmer

Exactly as what occured with my 90 day report 1 week ago no proof of residence passport only shown.

as for extension i always use a utility bill receipt which is never handed back

0h btw extension run out on 17 sep 2015 renewed this also so good now until 17 sep 2016 unique huh lol.

You renewed your extension 2 months early? They told me up to a month before is allowed.

For your extension, did they not ask for a lease agreement? I always bring both a utility bill and my lease agreement.

There are some new procedures in place at Jomtien immigration for renewing the retirement visa:

Proof of place of abode is required.

If you have a blue house book the person shown in the book must also submit a signed copy of their ID

If you are married a copy of the marriage certificate along with a copy of the wife signed ID seems to be OK as well.

If you have a Thai driving licence that will substitute for a wife or house book person ID copy, but you still need to show blue book.

When you collect your passport they now take a picture of the open passport then a picture of you, I assume to make sure you have the right passport.

Technically the awareness of your Thai address is mandatory, one your in the computer you don't have to bring proof again unless you change residence location and then you need to bring copy of the new rental agreement.

Bottom-line they must always know where you are residing. If you are not in the computer you need to bring a copy of the current rental agreement.etc......

There are some new procedures in place at Jomtien immigration for renewing the retirement visa: ...

Sorry Rimmer but I find your post very confusing.

You don't need a book (yellow or blue) to get an Extension with reason being Retirement

It may be needed for a few persons, but for most all they need is

an utility bill (Internet, Electricity,...) with their name and address.

Note: I made my Extension last month in Jomtien. wink.png

Edited by Pattaya46

You pays your price as in get renewal much earlier than needed i wanted less hassle and more freetime so willing to spend a few baht for that concession and nothing shown except 2 x photos and passport not even 1 piece of paperwork and yeah i used to do up to a month early but with new passport and transfer of stamps and all asked for said to be done at same time.

Immo i love you.

If you are not in the computer you need to bring a copy of the current rental agreement.etc......

We never needed to bring a current rental agreement for 90 day reporting. Only a utility bill was sufficient.

You pays your price as in get renewal much earlier than needed i wanted less hassle and more freetime so willing to spend a few baht for that concession and nothing shown except 2 x photos and passport not even 1 piece of paperwork and yeah i used to do up to a month early but with new passport and transfer of stamps and all asked for said to be done at same time.

Immo i love you.

Are you saying you got a retirement visa extension 2 months early and you paid extra for that?

You're also saying that you didn't have to present any paperwork to get this extension.

I think you're confused...

I suggest you have a very close look at your stamp. I don't think you got an extension. When you transferred your stamps from old passport to new they didn't give you an extension and it probably expires in September 2015 at which point you will need to apply for a new retirement extension.

There are some new procedures in place at Jomtien immigration for renewing the retirement visa: ...

You don't need a book (yellow or blue) to get an Extension with reason being Retirement

I've always brought a utility bill and a lease agreement to get my extensions. They stamp them and take them both... for the last 5 years.

The information I have posted is current as late as last Wednesday.

I can give you no more information except to say that I was told and needed a signed copy of the persons ID who's name is in the blue book, it seems a copy of your driving licence will also suffice instead of,

I have no idea how yellow books or utility bills fit into the new system

Regret I can give you no more information except that I was told the system has changed.

I can give you no more information except to say that I was told and needed a signed copy of the persons ID who's name is in the blue book, it seems a copy of your driving licence will also suffice instead of,

Regret I can give you no more information except that I was told the system has changed.

I wonder how that works for people (like me) who own a condo but dont have their name in any book? Previously it was always enough to produce a utility bill as others have mentioned. And not everyone has or needs a driving licence (I do have one).

Besides which to get a driving licence you have to produce a residence letter from immigration, and that residence letter is provided to anyone with ..... a utility bill.

Oh well, I will find out soon enough next month.

I have done my 90 day reporting 3 times now (last about 2 weeks ago). I am in the computer. No forms to complete, no documents to provide. One question from the lady, "do you still live at the same address?".

I have done my 90 day reporting 3 times now (last about 2 weeks ago). I am in the computer. No forms to complete, no documents to provide. One question from the lady, "do you still live at the same address?".

Same here for multiple visits now and in my case I am not even asked that!

Anybody use the online 90 day reporting system? No trip to Immigration required.

spent 40 minutes today trying to book in online, what a complete waste of time, certainly in my case quicker to go to Jomtien and do the report in person

There seems to be more gremlins on their site its unbelievable how completely incompetent they are in this day and age

Examples

It took me 9 attempt to get the captcha code verified

The when all seemed to be OK and I submitted, just nothing, so went through all the process again with the same result, I

have now given up on the site, for me completely worthless as it has too many glitches and yes I did do everything correctly

I wonder how that works for people (like me) who own a condo but dont have their name in any book? Previously it was always enough to produce a utility bill as others have mentioned. And not everyone has or needs a driving licence (I do have one).

Besides which to get a driving licence you have to produce a residence letter from immigration, and that residence letter is provided to anyone with ..... a utility bill.

You may find you require a letter from the JP office stating you own the condo as did someone I know a few weeks ago.

Why not just show them a copy of the Chanote that shows the name of the owner, ( In Thai)

That's what I would be inclined to do if they wanted proof of ownership. A letter from the JPM is pretty meaningless, especially in our building where the JPM will sign anything for a fee.

But I really dont see what they want this "proof" for anyway. Owning a place doesnt mean that you live there, and nor does having utility bills there in your name.

Seems to be just another example of the tedious and completely pointless red-tape that Thais love so much.

My friend did his retirement extension this week at Jomtien. He needed his rental agreement and a signed copy of the Thai ID card of the person who signed his rental agreement. He did not need that last year.

My friend did his retirement extension this week at Jomtien. He needed his rental agreement and a signed copy of the Thai ID card of the person who signed his rental agreement. He did not need that last year.

I am surprised. How did this work with your friend? Did he have to go back to the building office and get the signed ID and go back to immigration? I want to try to figure out how ironclad this is. My building gives me a very official and stamped letter specifically for immigration, signed by the manager. It has been accepted without question before.

Yes this is correct, it seems the person who's signing a letting agreement or whatever piece of paper certifying the foreigner place of residence has to submit a signed copy of their ID as well.

I did my retirement extension last week. They did not need anyone's ID card. I gave them a lease agreement and a utility bill. Was this new requirement introduced this week?

I went to Jomtian Immigration yesterday at 2pm to file 90 day report. Handed them passport and TM.47. No other paper work or questions asked.

Is the TM 47 form necessary under the new system? I was under the impression you just hand them your passport.