Using SCB Visa Debit card in ATM in the UK requirements

Hi All,

I am currently in the UK, and my girlfriend would like to use her SCB Visa Debit card to take out cash from the ATM, she called the bank in Thailand to check and they said that she is free to do so, at a charge of course, but also mentioned that the ATM that she goes to must/should have the 'ATM Pool' logo or capabilities, I think I have seen ATMs in Thailand around with this, but not UK ones, we haven't been out to look yet, but I would like to know if most ATMs in the UK have this?

If you search ATM Pool you can see some google pictures and its logo, it is also on her SCB Visa Debit card, we are in a large city in the west, so are near a good town center, just asking if this type of ATM is hard to find here, or needed at all? Thanks all

Thanks both, I am actually making a trip to London soon also, so might be worth looking up that SCB bank there, also thanks for the tip on trying ATM that accepts at least electron visa card, I will get her to try one soon anyway then. Thanks.

Worst comes to worst, SCB has a branch in London.thumbsup.gif

Trying to find the location of the SCB branch in London, Siam Commerical Bank? Can't seem to find it. Thanks.

No need. They work in any Barclays ATM. (probably other banks as well)

Probably a misunderstanding...ATM Pool is an in-Thailand thing not a worldwide network. SCB cards work worldwide on the Cirrus network which is probably the largest worldwide network....probably any ATM I've ever seen in my life used the Cirrus network along with a bunch of other networks.

Below is a snapshot from the SCB website regarding usage of their debit card in worldwide ATMs...notice the last bullet talking ATMs with the Cirrus logo.

post-55970-0-14291300-1438432132_thumb.j