" trial deposit(s) in your external account."

I have an account at Bangkok Bank.

I also have account at Schwab Bank in USA.
In order to set up Bangkok Bank as an "external account" with the ability to make direct transfers, Schwab sends 2 trial deposits.
However the deposits, which I can see in iBanking, were converted to baht.

I need to know the original US amounts- they are less that $1USD.

Schwab Bank is unable to help.

Bangkok Bank in New York says I have to contact Bangkok Bank in Thailand to get amounts.

I'm not an experienced Skype user so not sure how to do that.

Number in Thailand is 011 662 02 645 5555

How would I dial that in Skype?
or is there another way to obtain this information?

what worked from Skype was

+6626455555

This may not help you if you're not physically present in Thailand, but Bangkok Bank offers a free notification SMS service that informs you whenever a foreign deposit is made to your account. It includes in this text message the amount of the transfer in the foreign currency (and also the exchange rate used). This service is very useful to complete the trial deposit process.

You just call the main BKK Bank Customer Service phone number and tell them you had trial deposits from your U.S. bank, and you need to know the deposit amounts in U.S. currency instead of baht.

That's a routine request they receive, and you should have no problem in getting them to tell you the cents amounts.

And it shouldn't matter where you're calling from, as long as you call the correct BKK Bank phone number.

Very good that BBk is offering that free SMS notification of foreign deposit. How do you activate this service?

http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/PersonalBanking/DailyBanking/SMSAlerts/Pages/SMSRemittanceAlert.aspx

AFAIK, the SMS has to go to a Thai mobile number.. It doesn't work with non Thai phone numbers.

Very good that BBk is offering that free SMS notification of foreign deposit. How do you activate this service?

http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/PersonalBanking/DailyBanking/SMSAlerts/Pages/SMSRemittanceAlert.aspx

AFAIK, the SMS has to go to a Thai mobile number.. It doesn't work with non Thai phone numbers.

I think it is restricted to Thai mobile numbers. If you were able to use your Thai phone in the US, then you could receive the SMS while there, however that seems rather unlikely (although I'm certainly not a phone expert ;-).

I think it is restricted to Thai mobile numbers. If you were able to use your Thai phone in the US, then you could receive the SMS while there, however that seems rather unlikely (although I'm certainly not a phone expert ;-).

I know the SMS service works in several other countries so likely the US too.

It's certainly possible to use a Thai mobile number and receive calls and/or SMSs in other countries outside of Thailand.

However, that's usually not automatically an enabled feature of most Thai mobile service plans. Usually, AFAIK, you have to make a special arrangement with your carrier to add international roaming as an enabled feature on your Thai service, and usually pay extra for that as well.

So the original point here was... not that you necessarily have to be INSIDE Thailand in order to get bank SMSs. But rather, that the number you register with the bank has to be a Thailand mobile number, in order to be accepted by their system. And then where you can successfully use that Thai mobile service is an issue between you and your Thai mobile provider.

I know the SMS service works in several other countries so likely the US too.

the SMS service works in Germany.

It's just going to depend on whether A) you activate international roaming on your Thai mobile account, and B] that your Thai mobile provider, whomever you're using, has a roaming service agreement with some carrier in the country/area outside Thailand where you'll be staying.

Thai SMS messages are free to receive in the US so long as you have International roaming activated in Thailand

In addition, many US banks do not require you to verify the test amounts.

If you declare you do not have "signature" authority over the account which means that money can only go "into" the Thai bank when you sign up for the service