Cheapest place to buy property in Thailand

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nakon Nowhere is about right.

Way out in the sticks of Isaan maybe, or somewhere in provinces like Nan or Phrae. You could buy a house there for peanuts but it would have literally no resale value and is kind of a dead investment - which isn't a problem if you want to see out the rest of your days there I guess.

The Thai property market is "sickish".

My spots would be Pattaya & CNX - both in severe over-supply.

Nahkon Nowhere etc - No - you may buy well but when it comes time to sell, where are the buyers?

Yes I guess Isaan properties would be the cheapest. And for beach, maybe in Chanthaburi , Sattahip etc. or some southern provinces which are low on tourist radar.

Not Chanthaburi

Beachfront, there's land at Ao Yang, 5million per rai, and its a rocky beach

Come 20km inland, price drops to 1.1m per rai at Noen Soong near us

Be a long way from the coast for 'cheap'

At the less desirable end of Chao Lao beach, 13 million on sale now

A truly wonderful- very quiet and secluded villa by the sea, in a not so tourist frequented visited area on a large piece of land of 183 TW (732 m 2) built in 2009/2010 with first class quality materials to European standards

http://www.chanthaburirealestate.com/portal/en/tamai/home5/general-info

Edited by gomangosteen

Yes I guess Isaan properties would be the cheapest. And for beach, maybe in Chanthaburi , Sattahip etc. or some southern provinces which are low on tourist radar.

Good luck with Sattahip, the Navy owns almost all the land and not legally for sale in most cases

Cheapest place must be somewhere close to “Nakon Nowhere” up Isaan – but be aware of the deeds, may only be legal for family and agriculture; i.e. no house. But yes, up Isaan may be among the cheapest places – land prices are normally (very) dependent of location – but you may not wish to stay there, if you think about property for living, and it may be quite impossible to sell, so as investment not a very good choice.

However, as pure investment, farmland up Isaan may be good, looked at over long term. In some areas prices have quadrupled within the last 10 years (maybe more, some other posters may know). You will need a Thai national or a company set-up to hold the land.

With beach nearby or beachfront, the cheapest places are those where there (still) is no development (at all). Check the cost line south of Chumphon and all way down, and from south of Koh Lanta and down on the other side. There should be some really beautiful beaches on the Golf of Thailand side, and I’ve heard that prices are reasonable – of course a relative term...

As investment, if you can hit the right spot coming up within the next decade or two, you can gain a fortune – in a area down south I’m familiar with, some land prices went up 50-fold or more within a decade – but if continued undeveloped that may be difficult to sell it again without loss (of interest, and value against inflation).

Wish you good luck with your search...smile.png

Mate just bought a nice town house in samut prakan, klong suan for 1.1 million, 3 beds. Near tesco, big c and 7/11 on the corner. Housing over supply here is enormous with silly for sale prices, buyers market- make an offer.

Pattaya must be the place, they are almost giving real estate away.coffee1.gif

Can you give some of examples?

I am looking for some real estate in Pattaya which is almost being given away

I'm not looking for some real estate in Pattaya which is almost being given away, I'm looking for some real estate in Pattaya which is actually being given away.

Anybody??

I should mention to OP (and others) that many banks have posts – or even a regular printed color-brochure – over reprocessed property, which often are sold below marked value. Down south I recently saw a house, that seemed to be Okay, on the mainland (Surat Thaini area) for about 750.000 baht, and I remember some years ago up Surin-area having seen bank posters (Government Savings Bank) with nice looking houses for about half a million; so worth checking...thumbsup.gif

By the way, my bank advisor at K-Bank says, that if I wish to buy/take-over some of the reprocessed property, they will lent me the full amount...whistling.gif

Nakhon Sri Tamarat or Pattaya-Rayong.

Personally i'd go for a condo in Jomtien-Bang Sarae.

You can see the beach.....it looks pretty from high up smile.png

Different story if you want to swim there though!

Bang Sarai only 8 floors allowed,

so you not upvery high - on floors !!

Jomtien - 10 times overpriced !!

Being 63 buying is not an option as I can rent a place here very cheaply, come and go as I please and not end stuck with unsaleable property. If you do buy you have to remember it's not going to be an investment which will grow in value in years. A house you could sell on but a condo could be difficult.

Pattaya has a glut of condos being built, I was at the Big C and there must have nearly 20 displays in the centre of new builds available, mostly condos. The salesperson didn't look interested majority of them were playing on their mobiles.

There not exactly giving them away in Pattaya but they are cheap, certainly wouldn't consider buying 'off plan' in the present climate, I can see a few constructors going under.

Going round the banks and enquiring about repos is a good idea, I am sure there are plenty available.

Pattaya must be the place, they are almost giving real estate away.coffee1.gif

Try and look for a decent property, Condo, house or just land in and around Pattaya, and you'll be surprised at the prices. Not as high as Bangkok, but far from cheap or reasonable.