Prachuap Khiri Khan Immigration - Hua Hin retirement visa extension experience today

My current retirement visa extension expires this Saturday.

So, I prepared all the required documents earlier this week, and had planned to go in this morning at 0800 for the 0830 opening .... get in early, get out quick.

However, I had a late night out and awoke rather late.

As I approached the Immigration office at about 1035 I noticed that the car park was almost full ... sugar, I am in for a long wait thinks I. Maybe I will be out before midday. Oh .... wrong car park!!!! The Immigration car park is almost empty.

Walk into the Immigration Office; there are more Immigration Police officials there than clients.

Get my number, sit down. Ohhh .... I am next!!!

Sit down for less than a minute and my number comes up; spend less than 5 minutes with the Immigration Official as he goes through my documentation, checks his computer, is interrupted by one of his colleagues, and he stamps my passport. "Baht 1,900 says he". "Please wait".

I go and sit down, and wait for less than 10 minutes.

All done ... another year in Thailand approved ... all in just under 15 minutes. No problems,

Thank you Prachuap Khiri Khan Immigration, Hua Hin Office, for a great experience.

I shall have to come back again for some more great service.

• Like 2

hello, jimhuahin,

true, it's always good to Hua Hin, when the file is complete and correct.
I always go between 9 AM and 10 AM,
once, I waited 2 hours but the day before, on Thursday, he was so pleased that everything was flooded. Impossible to get to immigration
When I went on Friday, for sure, there were many.
But if not, to HH the immigration service is perfect. clap2.gif

I tend to go late in the afternoon midweek, it's always empty as well. Most of the time I'm the only one in there. It's been like this for as long as I can remember, including at the old office before they moved.

It might be a little different in the high season but my 90 day reports are coincidentally timed to miss most of that whole period over the Christmas and New Year holidays.

mrmic, hello

there are 6 weeks in Hua Hin

arrival at 9:00, exit 9 H 30.

1 completed TM7 form with me and photocopied (to keep for me)

1 photocopy of my passport (submit the original)

1 photocopy of the white card TM6

1 original letter from my bank justifying of more than 800 000 b in my bank account for more than three months (the day before I go, I pay 200 b, I make photocopies of pages with the stamp of bank on every page.) for a model of this letter, I photocopy the letter, and every year, I present to the bank that the copy, paying attention to the date and the amount, of course.

1 photocopy of the pages of my bank book up to 3 months back (also present the original) with the bank stamp (see above)

1 lease photocopying (but they accept the internet or electricity bills)

1 recent photograph

1900 b.

Well, awful English. Excuse me.

Do you mind telling which documents hua hin immigration is asking for?

800k locked in a thai bank account for 3 mounth is the key for retirment visa.

intheclub.gif

That was actually not my question,I wanted to know which documents he need to provide to see the difference to immigration in Sriracha or another one

intheclub.gif

That was actually not my question,I wanted to know which documents he need to provide to see the difference to immigration in Sriracha or another one

all over thailand it is the same for this kind of visa;

• Applicant must be 50 years of age or over
  • Must meet the financial requirements
    • Security deposit of THB 800,000 in a Thai Bank Account for 2 months prior to the visa application.
    • Monthly income or pension of at least THB 65,000. An affidavit from the foreign embassy or consulate has to be obtained as proof of the income.
    • Combination of the Thai bank account and yearly income with the total of 800,000 THB.

Supporting documents as proof of the security deposit in a Thai bank are as follows:

• Updated bank book or passbook
    • Bank letter stating that the money had been deposited to the account from an oversea source for not less than 2 months.
    • it is called in thai "bank laplong"

end of the story

intheclub.gif

• Security deposit of THB 800,000 in a Thai Bank Account for 2 months prior to the visa application.
    • Monthly income or pension of at least THB 65,000. An affidavit from the foreign embassy or consulate has to be obtained as proof of the income.
    • Combination of the Thai bank account and yearly income with the total of 800,000 THB.

Supporting documents as proof of the security deposit in a Thai bank are as follows:

• Bank letter stating that the money had been deposited to the account from an oversea source for not less than 2 months.

end of the story

At Jomtien I had to present all the above plus

Original and copy of my chanote title deed.

Letter from the condominium complex where I own the condo as proof that I was residing there even though I presented 2 utility bills.

Den

Not wishing to side track.....but next week I travel to Vientiane to obtain non imm O based on retirement.

The reason I did not convert my tourist visa to non imm was I had trouble showing money came from o/s.

From reading the posts above it would seem I will have same issue when I apply for one year extension . Is that the case. Any advice appreciated.

Not wishing to side track.....but next week I travel to Vientiane to obtain non imm O based on retirement.

The reason I did not convert my tourist visa to non imm was I had trouble showing money came from o/s.

From reading the posts above it would seem I will have same issue when I apply for one year extension . Is that the case. Any advice appreciated.

The post stating that proof of the funds coming from abroad is needed is not correct, It is not required to get the extension of stay,

Hi, just to make clear are we talking about Hua Hin or PKK office?

the only reason i am asking is

As i know Phrachuap Khiri Khan town has an immigration office and processes 90 day reports however it does not process these yearly extensions at the moment due to a staff shortage i was told

The post stating that proof of the funds coming from abroad is needed is not correct, It is not required to get the extension of stay,

exactly..!stop think to much and just do what thai immigration ask....it is very simple as you follow the rules

coffee1.gif

end of the story

In case you are using the "combo" method of qualifying for a retirement extension (i.e. using income + savings to equal B800,000) be aware that Hua Hin is one of the places that requires the savings be in the bank for three months prior to application (two months for initial extension.)