Education ministry setting up center to push for Thailand as education hub

Lite Beer

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's impossible not to do the usual Thai bashing with such ridiculous announcements...

At least they are very consistent. It must be on each official road map:

- Make fake polls

- Cover the truth at any cost

- Create a hub every few weeks

- Finger point at Burmese or Khmer for all problems

- Farangs cannot understand

- Thailand does not need any assistance

What you seems about right. It's sad indeed but in Thailand, the political benefit comes from the announcement not the delivery, becaus Thais have a very short span of attention.

For example, the HIV cure announced a while ago by a Thai hospital (I think it was the one that the ridiculous 'ribbish collector manages). Of course it was commplete BS and had no credibilioty whatsoever outside of Thailand, but among Thais it created the desired imp[ression that Thailand is at the front-line of medical research. Mucg street cred among Thais who know not excrement from clay.

Hence completely nonsensical statements like TL being an "education hub" despite having one of the worst performing education systems in the world.

As someone else here said "Dear God, please make it stop".

Ya know at times when I see the little ones en route to their local school I feel much disappointment. They seem eager to go and might believe the adults/teachers are instructing them and hopefully their lives will prosper. Little do they know it's all - yet another sham. Or should that be shame. Shame on you Thailand for your self serving ways and at the peril of such youngsters who at this moment seem happy.

It's impossible not to do the usual Thai bashing with such ridiculous announcements...

At least they are very consistent. It must be on each official road map:

- Make fake polls

- Cover the truth at any cost

- Create a hub every few weeks

- Finger point at Burmese or Khmer for all problems

- Farangs cannot understand

- Thailand does not need any assistance

What you seems about right. It's sad indeed but in Thailand, the political benefit comes from the announcement not the delivery, becaus Thais have a very short span of attention.

For example, the HIV cure announced a while ago by a Thai hospital (I think it was the one that the ridiculous 'ribbish collector manages). Of course it was commplete BS and had no credibilioty whatsoever outside of Thailand, but among Thais it created the desired imp[ression that Thailand is at the front-line of medical research. Mucg street cred among Thais who know not excrement from clay.

Hence completely nonsensical statements like TL being an "education hub" despite having one of the worst performing education systems in the world.

As someone else here said "Dear God, please make it stop".

Ya know at times when I see the little ones en route to their local school I feel much disappointment. They seem eager to go and might believe the adults/teachers are instructing them and hopefully their lives will prosper. Little do they know it's all - yet another sham. Or should that be shame. Shame on you Thailand for your self serving ways and at the peril of such youngsters who at this moment seem happy.

The problem is that the education system here isn't designed with the students needs being paramount or even relevant in a lot of cases, but just based on the needs of the people who run and work within it.

The BP article today made me chuckle where they have scrapped plans to close some small schools and merge them into larger ones where it mentions that 200 of the small schools don't actually have any students.

seriously ?

late 1st of april joke

i can see it this way: english is tought at schools, but most of them cannot speak a descent sentence

math is also mandated, but when you buy a 12 baht item and give 50 baht, they need to take their calculator

Thailand has one of the WORST educations systems in the WORLD, and they want to become an ASIAN EDUCATION HUB?

Please tell me what kind of drugs these people are on.

Bull (BS) & Cow (CS). Put the little piggies in the trough and they they will come out smelling of ASEAN BS. Meanwhile those who can pay their way into the teaching profession rather than be appointed on ability will continue to squander the lives of youngsters by making them do manual labour at school rather than providing tutoring. There are plenty of good kids in Thailand who really need motivated teachers. Teaching isn't just a profession it is a vocation. Candidates for appointment at educational establishments should be vetted accordingly.

Anyway I understood that Thailand is suffering from a shortage of "QUALIFIED" teachers. So is this proposed centre just another excuse for Ministry officials to employ kith & kin on a non stop carousel?

beatdeadhorse.gif

Really general? I work in the Thai education system and oh my me do you need a DRASTIC overhaul. Piddly rubbish like the 12 'values' just don't cut it.

The whole system needs to be torn down and rebuilt. top to bottom. English also needs to become a national second language as it will be the official language of ASEAN. Most of your neighbors are already streets ahead of you in that respect. I won't my breath on that one happening though as we seem to be in a nationalistic nonsense phase right now.

seriously ?

late 1st of april joke

i can see it this way: english is tought at schools, but most of them cannot speak a descent sentence

math is also mandated, but when you buy a 12 baht item and give 50 baht, they need to take their calculator

taught and decent, sorry, but as long as we are maligning the Thai's for lack of English skills perhaps native speakers could improve their's.

This is an ambitious plan considering that Thailand's education system has a lot to be desired.

If they were to make it the hub of education they certainly have along way to go.

They may have to actually delay elections again to see this dream realized.

I don't believe anyone desires anything from Thailand's education system, let alone a lot ..

• 2 weeks later...