Phuket tour bus crashes on Bypass Rd, 3 still trapped inside

Lite Beer

Phuket tour bus crashes on Bypass Rd, 3 still trapped inside
Eakkapop Thongtub

1437890023_1.jpg

PHUKET: Thirteen victims were rushed to hospital after the tour bus they were riding in crashed in front of Phuket Outlet mall this morning (July 26), while another three remain trapped including a 5-year-old boy.

The tour bus that belongs to BRT Travel crashed into a ditch and knocked over a light pole on Chalermphrakeit 9 Rd (Bypass) north bound.

The bus was carrying two tour guides as well 18 Chinese passengers.

The 13 victims were taken to Vachira Hospital, while rescue workers continue to try and rescue the remaining victims trapped inside the wreckage.

More details to follow.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-tour-bus-crashes-on-bypass-rd-3-still-trapped-inside-53365.php?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-07-26

Instead of fixing lottery price, how about fixing Thailands no 2 worlds highest road deaths!

The reason is, one makes money - the other costs money.

OK. 1 makes money, that I understand, what with insurance costs, hospital profits, vehicle repairs, funeral costs etc.etc. etc

And the other costs money, because you have to buy a ticket ;-)

UPDATE: Phuket tour bus crashes on Bypass Rd
Eakkapop Thongtub

1437890023_1.jpg

PHUKET: Sixteen victims were rushed to hospital after the tour bus they were riding in crashed in front of Phuket Outlet mall this morning (July 26).

The tour bus that belongs to BRT Travel crashed into a ditch and knocked over a light pole on Chalermphrakeit 9 Rd (Bypass) north bound.

The bus was carrying two tour guides as well 18 Chinese passengers.

The victims were taken to either Bangkok Hospital, Phuket international or Vachira Hospital, while rescue workers had to battle their way in to rescue the remaining victims trapped inside the wreckage.

Police officers at the scene said the bus driver was not injured.

More details to follow.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/update-phuket-tour-bus-crashes-on-bypass-rd-53365.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-07-26

Brake failure?

Nope, the bus crashed into a ditch and hit a light pole - Naughty Bus!

Driver was unhurt... (and probably will have no responsibility of blame aportioned to him what so ever, all the buses fault I wager...?)

just another day in paradise...

When the facts finally come it will be :

#1 Drunk driver facepalm.gif

#2 High speed facepalm.gif

#3 Playing with phone facepalm.gif

Ups, forgot where I was :

#4 Brakes failed of course - nothing to do with idiotic stupid driver ... blink.png

At least he didnt flee the scene or maybe he did if thats what they mean with driver being not injured and able to do a runner ...bah.gif

Edited by Kannikapor88

Instead of fixing lottery price, how about fixing Thailands no 2 worlds highest road deaths!

All this this self appointed guy in charge seems to do is mess about with the already antiquated alcohol laws.I think to take peoples minds off the big picture as you say probably now the worlds number one accident blackspot, the crumbling economy and the sliding baht, rampant corruption ect,ect.

He's has to be a non-drinker

Why do they not cut the top open and work from there ? looks like they are trying to get people out by going under the side of the bus. Bus driver not hurt because he jumped before the crash maybe.

I see these buses running down the road 8 to 10 of them flying through traffic now I ask myself which one will crash first.

Maybe this was one that was at the Silver Lake winery the other day.

Why do they not cut the top open and work from there ? looks like they are trying to get people out by going under the side of the bus. Bus driver not hurt because he jumped before the crash maybe.

I see these buses running down the road 8 to 10 of them flying through traffic now I ask myself which one will crash first.

You really think you can judge better how to free the people trapped inside from behind your keyboard than the rescuers on the spot can?

Unless Silverlake has moved I very much doubt this bus was there the other day.

Have to admit my first reaction to the picture was, where's the cutting gear.

Hope you dont mean oxy acetylene gear !! Even large grinders would be dangerous. You cant cut aluminium wood and plastic. Also the resulting fire from igniting the seats made from toxic foam would surely kill everybody. They need hydraulic equipment to tear open the roof first.

Have to admit my first reaction to the picture was, where's the cutting gear.

Hope you dont mean oxy acetylene gear !! Even large grinders would be dangerous. You cant cut aluminium wood and plastic. Also the resulting fire from igniting the seats made from toxic foam would surely kill everybody. They need hydraulic equipment to tear open the roof first.

I give up, I mean really!

Westerners aren't allowed to work as drivers.

coffee1.gif

or as roadway and traffic design engineers.

Yeh very good remark, with there famous U-turns on highways!!

You really think you can judge better how to free the people trapped inside from behind your keyboard than the rescuers on the spot can?

I've never seen "The Jaws of Life" used here - have you?

Yep, once on a news broadcast from an accident in Bangkok. It's called a Hurst tool, and there are several models ranging up to 50,000 psi. http://www.jawsoflife.com/en/product-type/strongarm. Back in my native lands, all the fire equipment and rescue trucks keep one on board. Y'know, reasons.

lets hope those 18 Chinese survivors get on social media and tell their friends back home how horrible Thailand is.

Thailand is not a "horrible" place. This place has huge potential.

Unfortunately, the wealthy and corrupt, and those in authority, want maximum income, for minimum expense, and it's safety, the enviroment, and the infastructure is what is lacking, which in turn, causes human suffering.

Edited by NamKangMan

Yep, once on a news broadcast from an accident in Bangkok. It's called a Hurst tool, and there are several models ranging up to 50,000 psi. http://www.jawsoflife.com/en/product-type/strongarm. Back in my native lands, all the fire equipment and rescue trucks keep one on board. Y'know, reasons.

When I used the word, "here" - I meant Phuket.

When I used the word, "here" - I meant Phuket.

There is one set which covers the whole island.

lets hope those 18 Chinese survivors get on social media and tell their friends back home how horrible Thailand is.

Unfortunately, the wealthy and corrupt, and those in authority, want maximum income, for minimum expense, and it's safety, the enviroment, and the infastructure is what is lacking, which in turn, causes human suffering.

It is many times a horrible dangerous place that had potential but that train has left the station some time ago ....

The Govt and many thai people dont want foreigners to visit their country, be that may tourists or expats - Many will say its not so but why do all these "accidents" to foreigners happen then ... ? The frequency of foreigners death here are second to none ...

It is many times a horrible dangerous place that had potential but that train has left the station some time ago ....

The Govt and many thai people dont want foreigners to visit their country, be that may tourists or expats - Many will say its not so but why do all these "accidents" to foreigners happen then ... ? The frequency of foreigners death here are second to none ...

I will agree with you "that the train has left the station some time ago" for Phuket, but for the rest of Thailand, there is still potential.

As mentioned, that potential is being held to ransom by the wealthy, corrupt and those in power, to the detriment of the tourism industry, expats, and the majority of Thai's.

This is most evident in the disgraceful safety standards here.