Jordan condemns storming of Al Aqsa Mosque by Israeli forces

webfact

Since Israel occupied East Jerusalem 48 years ago, the policy of allowing Jews to worship at the Wailing Wall, while Muslims worship at Al Aqsa mosque has worked fine (apart from Ariel Sharon's stroll in 2000 in his successful attempt to stir up trouble). Access is allowed to Jews so long as they dont attempt to pray there and treat it like a synagogue. How would Jews feel if Muslims rolled out their prayer mats at the Wailing Wall?

Muslims quite rightly see it as a desecration and an attempt by the perpetrating Jewish fanatics as the first step in what they really want to do...destroy Al Aqsa mosque.

This could be part of the current right wing Israeli government's plans to create another intifada as a smokescreen to carry out its ultimate solution.

Ahhh...so it wasn't testosterone-fueled youths creating trouble......they were provoked...YET AGAIN.

Muslims have rolled their prayer mats out on more than the Wailing Wall. Indeed, they rolled them out on the Temple Mount. No serious scholar or honest mind buys the historical revision of the Temple Mount being remotely meaningful in Islamic history; it has always ever only had value insofar as it had value to others. In fact, the Islamic Wakf, which administers the islamic properties atop the Jewish mount noted lastly, in 1924, in A Brief Guide To Al-Haram Al-Sahrif- Jerusalem (Supreme Moslem Council), noted this property was the site of the Temple of Solomon, a fact which is protested today. Had it not been the case that islam seeded every vanquished religious site with a mosque atop it there might be some liberty with their utterly fictitious claim that "the furthest mosque" was in the detested land of the Jews, Jerusalem. This land only became intriguing to islamic leaders when a struggle to re-anchor islam in Syria opposed to Arabia was asserted. It was this useless land, between all other worlds, that the claim was then offered was the site of the prophet's night journey. This would have been utterly blasphemous in the time of the prophet because when the Jews of Medina would not even accept the qibla in the direction of Jerusalem as a token offering from the prophet, they were outcast and have suffered islamic wrath ever since.

Political expediency was what compelled a very temporal leader to adjust history to move religious idolatry closer to Syria. In so doing, however, he was never able to compensate for the fact that this land was utterly worthless to muslims. Indeed, as noted previously, even the famous Kingdom of Heaven captured this absurdly weak claim to Jerusalem when Saladin was asked "What is Jerusalem Worth?" (Veritas et Aequitas?) and the response was "Nothing... [pause] Everything!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6aPgA5549g A movie yes, but illustrative of the point above.

In fact, his grandson later transferred Jerusalem because it was useless to muslims, everyone always knew this. Mentioned in the Koran zero times, Jerusalem only began to occupy the imagination of muslims as they launched out from their lands on conquest and looking over their shoulder realized that those who they sought to conquer had their eye on something in their own rear. Still, centuries plodded on and under no leader was Jerusalem afforded much more than the token conquest capstone of mosque. It is only in the modern era that histories are revised, quite absurdly, to fabricate a connection that actually never existed. This is abhorrent equally to reason as it is to those of faith.

"An historical survey shows that the stature of the city, and the emotions surrounding it, inevitably rises for Muslims when Jerusalem has political significance. Conversely, when the utility of Jerusalem expires, so does its status and the passions about it. This pattern first emerged during the lifetime of the Prophet Muhammad in the early seventh century. Since then, it has been repeated on five occasions: in the late seventh century, in the twelfth century Countercrusade, in the thirteenth century Crusades, during the era of British rule (1917-48), and since Israel took the city in 1967. The consistency that emerges in such a long period provides an important perspective on the current confrontation." http://www.meforum.org/490/the-muslim-claim-to-jerusalem

I doubt Jordan had any alternative but to respond. Everyone of any intellectual caliber understands what is really at play with regard to the Temple Mount. It has to do with creating and inculcating legend into islamic lore. This land was never of any value to their prophet, only a brief expediency to attempt to placate Medina Jews, and that failed.

You tink too mutt

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps I think too much but the problems in the world are really not that others think too little its that we think others think too little, and grant them this allowance. This is evident in the Temple Mount rage, the streets of NY and UK, the USA, other places... no one has any accountability because we all presume others think too little, and allow them that. Its basically a justification for mob rule EVERYWHERE these days. There is a misanthropy in assuming the actions of others are from ignorance alone.

Well that,s a god damn shame, you don't like people to touch your Mosque,s but you destroy other religious places and artifacts, Looks like the Jews dont give a shit about your religion and Mosque;s. and why should they. and it is not a Mosque as such but a piece of land they claim to be holy, as they do, and where did that land come from

Perhaps I think too much but the problems in the world are really not that others think too little its that we think others think too little, and grant them this allowance. This is evident in the Temple Mount rage, the streets of NY and UK, the USA, other places... no one has any accountability because we all presume others think too little, and allow them that. Its basically a justification for mob rule EVERYWHERE these days. There is a misanthropy in assuming the actions of others are from ignorance alone.

Well at least your post is a lot shorter.

I'm sure the Israeli people and Palestinian people dont give 2 hoots about long explanations of who did right or wrong from time immemorial. I'm sure they both want respect and be able to live the lives they want to live in peace. Both sides.

Harping on about who should have done what in the past is not helping.

Just get on with it.

I'm sure the Israeli people and Palestinian people dont give 2 hoots about long explanations of who did right or wrong from time immemorial. I'm sure they both want respect and be able to live the lives they want to live in peace. Both sides.

Just get on with it.

If time immemorial was not important the Arabs in the region would not spend so much time inventing histories that do not exist. Moreover, the sheer statement that one should get over history when discussing issues about the middle east evidences a profound detachment from the nature of the problems there today; or, perhaps, convenient disregard for history. History percolates on every issue, every emotion, and is the precedent for all things cultural, religious and otherwise in the Levant. Facts matter! There is nothing islam does without history as a touchstone. Thus, they should be called on it when history is invented.

Simple, short story. Ultra Orthodox crazies, tried to trespass at the Mosque, young Muslims a the mosque threw rocks and were beaten back by Israeli authorities. So who is right? I'm not a supporter of Islam or any other religion. I think Jerusalem should be bulldozed and nuclear waste dumped into the remaining crater to deter this kind of fighting but I think my wish isn't going to come true anytime soon. The religious will just find another piece of land to fight over.

Your short summary is probably correct. If it isn't, it has been, hundreds of times in the past.

Zionist radicals provoking hot-headed young Palestinians into stone throwing. The IDF is never far away with a lethal response.

These people don't want to live together in peace - they want bloody conflict.

The whole Middle East should be isolated until they've killed each other off.

Just get on with it.

If time immemorial was not important the Arabs in the region would not spend so much time inventing histories that do not exist. Moreover, the sheer statement that one should get over history when discussing issues about the middle east evidences a profound detachment from the nature of the problems there today; or, perhaps, convenient disregard for history. History percolates on every issue, every emotion, and is the precedent for all things cultural, religious and otherwise in the Levant. Facts matter! There is nothing islam does without history as a touchstone. Thus, they should be called on it when history is invented.

I guess you cannot comprehend my post, probably too short for you. But I see you did manage to only imply muslims are at fault. Well done.

Trouble started when hundreds of Jewish hardliners provocatively tried to enter the mosque in an already tense weekend.

"The Palestinian news agency meanwhile said Jewish settlers had assaulted a Palestinian child near one of the gates leading to Al-Aqsa Mosque on Saturday, prompting a group of Palestinians to intervene before the police dispersed them."

"The Times of Israel newspaper reported that tensions were high between the Muslim and Jewish communities after a video emerged over the weekend of a Jewish woman insulting Islam's Prophet Muhammad."

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/07/jerusalem-al-aqsa-clashes-150726061324203.html

They were obviously preparing beforehand for a tense weekend stockpiling things to throw at Israelis inside their own Mosque, surely a desecration to a religion of peace. And then there is the coincidence of Jews commemorating the fall of the second temple. P.s you can always rely on Qatar owned Al-Jazeera to parrot the Islamist view.

Since Israel occupied East Jerusalem 48 years ago, the policy of allowing Jews to worship at the Wailing Wall, while Muslims worship at Al Aqsa mosque has worked fine (apart from Ariel Sharon's stroll in 2000 in his successful attempt to stir up trouble). Access is allowed to Jews so long as they dont attempt to pray there and treat it like a synagogue. How would Jews feel if Muslims rolled out their prayer mats at the Wailing Wall?

Muslims quite rightly see it as a desecration and an attempt by the perpetrating Jewish fanatics as the first step in what they really want to do...destroy Al Aqsa mosque.

This could be part of the current right wing Israeli government's plans to create another intifada as a smokescreen to carry out its ultimate solution.

Ahhh...so it wasn't testosterone-fueled youths creating trouble......they were provoked...YET AGAIN.

Muslims have rolled their prayer mats out on more than the Wailing Wall. Indeed, they rolled them out on the Temple Mount. No serious scholar or honest mind buys the historical revision of the Temple Mount being remotely meaningful in Islamic history; it has always ever only had value insofar as it had value to others. In fact, the Islamic Wakf, which administers the islamic properties atop the Jewish mount noted lastly, in 1924, in A Brief Guide To Al-Haram Al-Sahrif- Jerusalem (Supreme Moslem Council), noted this property was the site of the Temple of Solomon, a fact which is protested today. Had it not been the case that islam seeded every vanquished religious site with a mosque atop it there might be some liberty with their utterly fictitious claim that "the furthest mosque" was in the detested land of the Jews, Jerusalem. This land only became intriguing to islamic leaders when a struggle to re-anchor islam in Syria opposed to Arabia was asserted. It was this useless land, between all other worlds, that the claim was then offered was the site of the prophet's night journey. This would have been utterly blasphemous in the time of the prophet because when the Jews of Medina would not even accept the qibla in the direction of Jerusalem as a token offering from the prophet, they were outcast and have suffered islamic wrath ever since.

Political expediency was what compelled a very temporal leader to adjust history to move religious idolatry closer to Syria. In so doing, however, he was never able to compensate for the fact that this land was utterly worthless to muslims. Indeed, as noted previously, even the famous Kingdom of Heaven captured this absurdly weak claim to Jerusalem when Saladin was asked "What is Jerusalem Worth?" (Veritas et Aequitas?) and the response was "Nothing... [pause] Everything!"

A movie yes, but illustrative of the point above.

In fact, his grandson later transferred Jerusalem because it was useless to muslims, everyone always knew this. Mentioned in the Koran zero times, Jerusalem only began to occupy the imagination of muslims as they launched out from their lands on conquest and looking over their shoulder realized that those who they sought to conquer had their eye on something in their own rear. Still, centuries plodded on and under no leader was Jerusalem afforded much more than the token conquest capstone of mosque. It is only in the modern era that histories are revised, quite absurdly, to fabricate a connection that actually never existed. This is abhorrent equally to reason as it is to those of faith.

"An historical survey shows that the stature of the city, and the emotions surrounding it, inevitably rises for Muslims when Jerusalem has political significance. Conversely, when the utility of Jerusalem expires, so does its status and the passions about it. This pattern first emerged during the lifetime of the Prophet Muhammad in the early seventh century. Since then, it has been repeated on five occasions: in the late seventh century, in the twelfth century Countercrusade, in the thirteenth century Crusades, during the era of British rule (1917-48), and since Israel took the city in 1967. The consistency that emerges in such a long period provides an important perspective on the current confrontation." http://www.meforum.org/490/the-muslim-claim-to-jerusalem

I doubt Jordan had any alternative but to respond. Everyone of any intellectual caliber understands what is really at play with regard to the Temple Mount. It has to do with creating and inculcating legend into islamic lore. This land was never of any value to their prophet, only a brief expediency to attempt to placate Medina Jews, and that failed.

The Prophet Muhammad died in 632. Later Muslims compiled the Quran and it was finalised within 20 years.

In 634, Muslim armies stormed out of the Arabian Peninsula and began their conquests, which reached Palestine and other nearby regions soon after the Tabuk crusade, which encouraged further military campaigns again the Byzantine Empire...up till Jerusalem.

In 638, Muslims conquered Jerusalem. Fifty years later, in 688, they began the construction of the Dome of the Rock. In 692, they finished the building project.

How do you want to see Jerusalem and the Al Aqsa mosque mentioned in the Quran if the book was written long before the historical facts...?

Edited by Thorgal

It's all well and good that Jordan has condemned this latest example of Israeli aggression, but the time for words is over.

Now it's time for the world community to take action against this malevolent regime. The UN should start with economic sanctions and the threat of UN troops on the ground if they continue with their atrocities.

Enough is enough.

Just get on with it.

I guess you cannot comprehend my post, probably too short for you. But I see you did manage to only imply muslims are at fault. Well done.

Being intimated by complex sentence patterns and subtle observations is not something one should protest so loudly. The fact you comment on it repeatedly is only more ridiculous by the fact that you apparently read it nonetheless. Indeed, no one comments on your simplicity and its corresponding absence of depth. Jews and muslims are equally culpable for the previously noted revision of history. However, islam has perfected victimization to a component status of war. In this regard it is brilliant. However, entire generations are being lost in lies and fabrication.There is much about the opposing Jews worthy of indictment (if not equally repugnant) but the Jews are not the ones savaging the world.

It's all well and good that Jordan has condemned this latest example of Israeli aggression, but the time for words is over.

Now it's time for the world community to take action against this malevolent regime. The UN should start with economic sanctions and the threat of UN troops on the ground if they continue with their atrocities.

Enough is enough.

Would these 'atrocities' by any chance be the use and stockpiling of ammunition to chuck at Jewish civilians commemorating their holy day?

P.s When Jordan controlled East Jerusalem Jews were excluded from every religious site there. Perhaps it's time the Israelis did the same and closed down Al Aqsa for good.

Why can't all the nations who have thermonuclear weapons just get together and bomb these idiots out of existence.

Nothing good will ever come from the so called middle east..just war after war..trouble after trouble....stone age idiots.

Why can't all the nations who have thermonuclear weapons just get together and bomb these idiots out of existence.

Nothing good will ever come from the so called middle east..just war after war..trouble after trouble....stone age idiots.

A new low. clap2.gif

A new low. clap2.gif

...but an understandable response.

Their barbaric behaviour will bring it on themselves.

The strawman deflection was mentioning IS, as though the Palestinians on Al Aqsa were IS members..they are deadly enemies.

Until then Muslims must not be allowed to live among other religious people. And other religious people must not live among Muslims. They should be Isolated. For their own good.

...they were ....until hundreds of Jewish fanatics invaded the Al Aqsa compound disrupting the separate worshiping areas.

I too am an atheist. I also can see the irony in religious nutjobs on both sides getting upset when different sects are praying to the same god anyway.

First, I never said I'm an atheist. I said i'm not religious. Two different things.

Second, I brought up IS only to illustrate that Muslim Arabs need Israelis help yet didn't learn to live with them in peace.

Third, I was not talking about isolation of Holy sites at Al Aqsa or underneath it. I was and am talking about policy of Isolationism of Islam.

This policy was working perfectly for centuries until Western Religions "evolved" into Liberal Political Correctness and decided to play Tolerance, Multiculturalism and Brotherly Love with Islam.

One thing they miscalculated - Islam did not "evolve" with the idiots. Hence are all the problems of Jews, Christians, Buddhists, Non-Believers etc. with Islam.

I may be wrong, I wish I were, but there is no deflection in my words.

Edited by ABCer

Just get on with it.

Being intimated by complex sentence patterns and subtle observations is not something one should protest so loudly. The fact you comment on it repeatedly is only more ridiculous by the fact that you apparently read it nonetheless. Indeed, no one comments on your simplicity and its corresponding absence of depth. Jews and muslims are equally culpable for the previously noted revision of history. However, islam has perfected victimization to a component status of war. In this regard it is brilliant. However, entire generations are being lost in lies and fabrication.There is much about the opposing Jews worthy of indictment (if not equally repugnant) but the Jews are not the ones savaging the world.

How is one 'intimated' by complex sentence patterns? Bahaha.

Your sentence patterns do not worry me, I read many complex matters getting my law degree. Intelligent people simplify complex issues for ease of reading and understanding. Uneducated people try to write with complexity to seem intelligent.

No I do not read your long posts, I read others responses to it.

But push on as you wish.

Edited by Linky

You are indeed splitting hairs.

Depends. Given how prickly that location is, if reporters write an article in a certain way it can cause dangerous misunderstandings in readers. Are Jews walking through a Mosque? (as we were led to believe) or through the mount sanctuary which can't really be described as al Aqsa (though many do) for the reasons / observations pointed out earlier. Small matter on the surface, but get it wrong and there could be rioting from Fez to Islamabad.

'The [Jewish] protesters, chanting "the mosque will burn and the temple rebuilt" '

I wish I knew the Hebrew for - "Out with it. Don't mince words!!!".

I'm not a supporter of the 'Third Temple' by the way but I do think Israel's problems on this stem from a job half done / job completed then back tracked on. Backtracking in 67 and allowing Jordan's Waqf to continue control of the mount must be something Israel regrets doing every day, in hindsight.

Like an infected dental issue, in hope of retaining the tooth someone may end up paying again and again for tweeking operations, but ultimately sometimes it is a better decision to simply remove the tooth. It will hurt a lot in the short term, but it is either that or living with small twangs of pain over a long time in hope of saving the tooth. It becomes delusional.

If events were done differently, today Muslims would be applying for short stay pilgrimage visa at offices in order to visit East Jerusalem and the Temple Mount historical sites. As it happens, Israel has a remaining piece of the Jordanian occupation in its midst which has become a powerfull symbol and this is highly problematic. It is viewed by Islam as a 'Bastion'.

I wouldn't have any interest in destroying the Muslim sites up there, but I would have it that visit visas are applied for and granted (or rejected), to remind them who was victorious in 67 and put an end to this ridiculous situation. Given what Jordan did to the Jewish Quarter (and graves) during its occupation, I think that allowing the Waqf to retain control of the mount was well meaning in its hope, but proved to be a mistake long term.

Last year I saw that the Hurva Synagogue (deliberately destroyed twice in history by Muslims, the second time in 48 by the Arab Legion) had been rebuilt in the Old City, opened in 2010. It looks beautiful, but I hear that the Islamic world (including Jordan and Iran) went apeshite over the re-opening at the time. Not content with trying to deny Jewish links with the Mount, they don't even accept the reopening of a Synagogue they destroyed.

Speaks volumes.

So only some protestors were arrested, tear gas canisters, fire crackers, etc...

No shootings, beatings, casualties, etc...as usual from the book ???

Seems strange to me that using such silky gloves are not as per usual practices of Israeli States Border police.

I think for 2 reasons :

1. The protestors were Israeli Sunni Arabs: others need a gatepass to get so close...

2. Saoudi Arabia and Jordan are still in the running to become allied partners in case that the Iran nuke deal changes into a military action.

Be sure that no Israeli politician will dare to comment or fuel what happened this weekend...

Edited by Thorgal

Your sentence patterns do not worry me, I read many complex matters getting my law degree.

On the Internet you can be anything you want. Ain't it great. giggle.gif

Well you seem to think so. The rest of us dont feel the need to lie.

From the report, it does seem like Israeli police were justified.

It would be interesting to know what set the youths off.

Doesn't take much to set them off, it's something inside the muslim. They're just addicted to confrontation and have a great capacity for hate.

B

It would be interesting to know what set the youths off.

Assumption there, that something other than 'themselves' set themselves off.

Young males, overflowing with testosterone. Fighty, bored, bravado.

It is a palpable thing I found in that particular area and in parts of Nablus, a wild eyed energy. As I say, sexual frustration. It manifests as seeking confrontation / destruction in the west, and can happen there.

Been in that area several times as well, and your observations are "spot-on"/"hit the nail on the head."

long time ago i went to Israel, and visited all the places of trouble today.......from the Golan to Sharm el Sheik.....

It was an eye opener and a must be, for me the only way to understand the mindset of both Israeli and Palestinians .

Fear is spread and mainly the cause of mistrust.while hardliners on both side torpedo ANY initiative to come to terms and agreements.

For years I had to travel in the region with another double passport, otherwise the whole region would have rejected me from entering their country just because of 1 'toxic' Israeli stamp

Isreal.........I fear....will be on the losing end in the end, unless they change their political vision soon.

Edited by hgma

Political expediency was what compelled a very temporal leader to adjust history to move religious idolatry closer to Syria. In so doing, however, he was never able to compensate for the fact that this land was utterly worthless to muslims. Indeed, as noted previously, even the famous Kingdom of Heaven captured this absurdly weak claim to Jerusalem when Saladin was asked "What is Jerusalem Worth?" (Veritas et Aequitas?) and the response was "Nothing... [pause] Everything!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6aPgA5549g A movie yes, but illustrative of the point above.

Its unlikely that your average Muslim goes into a intellectual disection of why Al-Aqsa is the third holiest site for Muslims. You over-analyze Muslims and Islam.

I assume this is an invitation to accept mob mentality as a governing force here; reason should be suspended and facts are irrelevant. They scream therefore it is! If this is the argument of last resort/retort than you are correct, not much light can be shed further. When mob emotion are the facts than reason is dead.

As an aside, inherent in so much of the liberal or otherwise blind support for raging islam is the premise that they do not know better. If ever there was a more racist point of view I have not noted it (No, you do not state this here but those that do share a common premise). Irrespective of shared history "your average muslim [does not] go into an intellectual disection [sic] of why..." It is a total capitulation to a thinking mind to assign a vast people to non accountability for their actions because of the premise they do not know history. It presumes a base instinctive drive as their preoccupation. Perhaps you are correct but I would rather suppose malignant intent rather than primal stupidity.

Very good point. Many of us fall into this trap. By essentially the same logic, we expect the intellectually superior of the two factions to be accountable for resolution.

Enough is enough.

I'm surprised that your ignorant post has been allowed to stay. But I do believe in freedom of speech even when people say stupid things.

Enough is enough.

I'm surprised that your ignorant post has been allowed to stay. But I do believe in freedom of speech even when people say stupid things.

There are extremist Israel demonization posts like that posted here DAILY. I think it's OK that they stand as they expose the mindset of the people posting them.