Where Can I Buy A Gas Fitting?

carlyai

I need a gas fitting for my gas log fire.

I have tried to buy one in the big stores up country, but no one seems to stock gas fittings.

I have attached some pictures of the gas log fire and the connector I need.

The gas connector is a female to female adaptor that plugs into the place where the red plastic stopper is.

The connector connects my gas bottle hose to the gas log fire.

Does anyone know where to purchase a connector in Pattaya or Bangkok?

post-207577-0-48472500-1437960012_thumb.

post-207577-0-73562500-1437960026_thumb.

post-207577-0-44102400-1437960045_thumb.

Doubt you will get a brass fitting thats for sure,what size is it,it looks like 1/2 inch NPT possibly.

I'm certain you would get a barrel nipple of which you could then in turn connect your hose to with a jubilee clip,rather primitive but no different to what most have on a gas cooker.

You could do away with one thread where the hose goes with a hacksaw.

I'm assuming your outlet on the gas bottle will be the same as is used for connecting to a gas stove is it not.

post-118612-14379619920731_thumb.jpg

Edited by stoneyboy

wow .... first time I've seen a gas log fire in Thailand .... whistling.gif

maybe hard to find as it doesn't snow in this neck of the woods to often.

Gets cold in Isaan mate. Specially when those cold winds blow across the plains from China.

Haven't you always wanted to sit around a log fire in Thailand drinking red?

Doubt you will get a brass fitting thats for sure,what size is it,it looks like 1/2 inch NPT possibly.

I'm certain you would get a barrel nipple of which you could then in turn connect your hose to with a jubilee clip,rather primitive but no different to what most have on a gas cooker.

I'm assuming your outlet on the gas bottle will be the same as is used for connecting to a gas stove is it not.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1437961989.691475.jpg

I sort of need a connector like the brass connector above the red plug stopper.

Do you want to hard pipe it then,that's a brass compression fitting with an olive inside.

I'm assuming the red plug is the inlet ?

Take to an air conditioning shop - they are about the only people that deal with such things and may have or be able to fabricate something. Plastic is normal for gas work here - but have had air conditioning shop install brass for hot water heater several decades ago so it is available.

Make sure they use correct electric supply if they try to test operation. It is rated for 50Hz?

Do you want to hard pipe it then,that's a brass compression fitting with an olive inside.

I'm assuming the red plug is the inlet ?

The red plug is the inlet.

No I don't need to 'hard pipe it in', just the normal flexible good quality gas pipe, as there shouldn't be that much heat around that area.

There must be these fittings around as I bought a BBQ of 'doc' in Ubon (I think, if I remember), and his BBQs have these type of fittings.

Take to an air conditioning shop - they are about the only people that deal with such things and may have or be able to fabricate something. Plastic is normal for gas work here - but have had air conditioning shop install brass for hot water heater several decades ago so it is available.

Make sure they use correct electric supply if they try to test operation. It is rated for 50Hz?

If no one know of a shop, then I will go to an aircon shop, but they must buy their fittings from somewhere.

The electrics is 220 V 50 Hz, same as Thailand, and electrics is only for the fan, so not a problem.

The gas log fire is the same type they sell in Australia, as I bought it from the Chinese manufacturer.

Home gas is LPG and shot travel from bottle to burner so plastic is not the danger it might seem if thinking of whole house gas supply. Commercial gas supply would likely be using metal hose to close to place of use.

Plastic is normal for gas work here -

Crikey! Thankfully gas is banned in my condo building.

It may be banned in your condo, but that doesn't mean it is not used in your condo.

I don't know about your condo, but have heard of Bangkok people owning condos here in Patts and because they don't pay management fees, electricity, fees etc they are cut off from the supply, but when they come I bet they still cook using gas.

((edit))

The electrics is 220 V 50 Hz, same as Thailand, and electrics is only for the fan, so not a problem.

The gas log fire is the same type they sell in Australia, as I bought it from the Chinese manufacturer.

That should be fine then - but AC motors can run slow and hot if designed for 60Hz so could be an issue if was not rated 50Hz.

Something like this is what you need.to connect the hose and then a hose clamp to secure it. You can find them at most building supply stores.

attachicon.gifhose barb.jpg

Thanks.

I must have blinkers on, but I can't remember seeing anything like this connector.

Now for the next question, and I don't mean to offend. Exactly where, and which shop did you see this connector?

Something like this is what you need.to connect the hose and then a hose clamp to secure it. You can find them at most building supply stores.

attachicon.gifhose barb.jpg

Thanks.

I must have blinkers on, but I can't remember seeing anything like this connector.

Now for the next question, and I don't mean to offend. Exactly where, and which shop did you see this connector?

You should find one in Home Pro or other such places. Look on the aisle where they sell hose and hose fittings.

Perhaps print the image and show them what you want.

There are also two pressure regulators used here in Thailand - normal house type and a higher commercial cooker type (which they use for the large cooking woks). 30 years ago was not aware of that and had to drill a US BBQ larger to get enough flow using normal regulator - and has been working fine for more than 35 years this way (although does require replacement of burner every few years due rust out).

There are also two pressure regulators used here in Thailand - normal house type and a higher commercial cooker type (which they use for the large cooking woks). 30 years ago was not aware of that and had to drill a US BBQ larger to get enough flow using normal regulator - and has been working fine for more than 35 years this way (although does require replacement of burner every few years due rust out).

Yes I am aware of that.

When we put the gas cooking top in our new house in Isaan, we did not have a regulator, so my very wise wife said we should use the one from the high pressure cooker on the BBQ.

I had second thoughts, as seem to remember that you can't swap regulators, never mind, she is usually right, even if she's wrong.

So luckily we did not blow the place up, as pools of liquid gas on fire went everywhere.

Good heart starter, and definitely cleaned the old heart pipes out with lots of excitement.