'Gun did not belong to Kamronwit', police region 1 chief reveals

webfact

Same as the koh tao murders where a lot of facts come out early then get washed over with completely unrealistic dribble. Cash & favours have been done & the whitewash show must go on, how people can live in thailand & stomach this I do not know :-/

I kind of agree. I'd rather have scandals with prostitutes and blow (cocaine), like they do in Britain. Yay for Mandy Rice-Davies (she was cuter than Christine).

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems the police corruption is getting even more and more blatant under the current Gov't what with this, and the Chuwong death to name just two extremely recent ones.

Now where are these promised reforms?

As the sole head of the Govt, perhaps Prayut should be impeached for failing to stop this corruption.

If you wish to do that then how far back are you willing to go to impeach EVERY PM Thailand has had for the same offence?

That of course would include your hero Thaksin, his sister Yingluck who made the cutting out of corruption and campaign promise plus his brother in law Somchai Wongsawat who was also a PM in Thailand.

I would like to agree with you but you have double standards instead of equality across the board.

Seems the police corruption is getting even more and more blatant under the current Gov't what with this, and the Chuwong death to name just two extremely recent ones.

As the sole head of the Govt, perhaps Prayut should be impeached for failing to stop this corruption.

If you wish to do that then how far back are you willing to go to impeach EVERY PM Thailand has had for the same offence?

That of course would include your hero Thaksin, his sister Yingluck who made the cutting out of corruption and campaign promise plus his brother in law Somchai Wongsawat who was also a PM in Thailand.

I would like to agree with you but you have double standards instead of equality across the board.

They should all go, but obviously the only ones that have been targeted are TS and YS, now were you talking about double standards?

THE gun that got former Metropolitan Police chief Lt-General Camronwit Toopgrajank in trouble in Japan did not belong to Camronwit and officials were now checking on its registration status, Provincial Police Region 1 chief Lt-General Amnuay Nimmano revealed Monday.

Just how long does it take to trace the owner of a legitimate gun...

The Thais and other countries have had a few weeks to check their gun registers, me smell a cover up, hope it gets forgotten, sweep it under the carpet.

They should all go, but obviously the only ones that have been targeted are TS and YS, now were you talking about double standards?

Wow you agree with a little of what I said. Firstly Yingluck made a campaign promise to stop corruption but actually did nothing about it. She assured the population that it was HER government and that she alone was in charge of it therefore quite reasonably as she did nothing she should have been impeached for that alone.

Secondly I don't see Thaksin in Thailand at all let alone being targeted for corruption so I have no nidea where you got that from.

Thirdly the current PM stated that he would fight corruption and strangely enough he is. How many high ranking policemen have been removed from their positions? Even the Army now has a General suspended for TIP.

You appear to think that unless you see something happening then it isn't.

While high ranking officers can be removed from their jobs on suspicion they cannot be taken to court and charged without sufficient evidence to do so. This takes time to gather, collate, evaluate before charges can be laid and made to stick against anyone.

Purely out of interest can you tell me how many senior police and army officers were charged with corruption under the PTP government in their 3 plus years in power? How about under Abhisit and the Democrats, or Somchai and Samak under the PPP? Perhaps under the last military government and before that the TRT and Thaksin governments, before him there was of course the Democrats under Chuan Leekpai, or perhaps Chavalit Yongchaiyudh and the New Aspiration party (which Thaksin bought) or even the government of Banharn Silpa Archa and his Chart Thai party. That will take you back to July 1995 so you have plenty of parties to look for corruption in.

What irks me is I thought Japan was a legitimate country as far as law goes. If I had a gun on the plane, I would be in a cell for many years. Why did they let this fool out Scott free! Powerful people are not accountable anywhere in the world. The world really has two laws! It sucks.

Wow you agree with a little of what I said. Firstly Yingluck made a campaign promise to stop corruption but actually did nothing about it. She assured the population that it was HER government and that she alone was in charge of it therefore quite reasonably as she did nothing she should have been impeached for that alone.

Secondly I don't see Thaksin in Thailand at all let alone being targeted for corruption so I have no nidea where you got that from.

Thirdly the current PM stated that he would fight corruption and strangely enough he is. How many high ranking policemen have been removed from their positions? Even the Army now has a General suspended for TIP.

While high ranking officers can be removed from their jobs on suspicion they cannot be taken to court and charged without sufficient evidence to do so. This takes time to gather, collate, evaluate before charges can be laid and made to stick against anyone.

Purely out of interest can you tell me how many senior police and army officers were charged with corruption under the PTP government in their 3 plus years in power? How about under Abhisit and the Democrats, or Somchai and Samak under the PPP? Perhaps under the last military government and before that the TRT and Thaksin governments, before him there was of course the Democrats under Chuan Leekpai, or perhaps Chavalit Yongchaiyudh and the New Aspiration party (which Thaksin bought) or even the government of Banharn Silpa Archa and his Chart Thai party. That will take you back to July 1995 so you have plenty of parties to look for corruption in.

Is he really fighting corruption? How many people have been charged and found guilty?

You do realise that it would be far easier for a military Govt to tackle corruption in Thailand than any elected Govt, its like comparing chalk and cheese.

Well yes, you can take the view that the people being removed are corrupt, others can take the view that people being removed are being so, because they support the wrong persons. Until there is any conviction and evidence the conjecture you make has as much validity as someone who thinks the opposite. 16 months now is it? So how many have been charged and/or prosecuted?

The General came along to reform, perhaps you can point out any reform of any importance which has been tackled? or even attempted for that matter?

Ohh not his gun! I'm glad that's sorted out finally. So the charge will be .. in position of an unlicensed firearm then.

So much wiggling and writhing in this case. Why can't anyone lock this guy up, he has committed several offences, each one of them can be considered serious. The fact that at one time in his life he was a policeman is totally irrelevant to the fact that he broke the law. The law is for everyone, break it and you have to pay the price.

These clowns still believe that Thai people believe them...what ever they spurt out...............and they're right!!

It is a working definition of the wonderful Thainess.

If I am your social superior, and I choose to lie to you. Even though you know that I am telling a blatantly stupid lie, you are obliged by your social status to accept it and smile. I know that you know that I am telling a stupid blatant lie, but it doesn't matter, because you are not allowed to call me because I am your social superior.

Foreigners simply do not understand why it is so important for socially superior Thais to have the option to tell stupid unbelievable lies in public, especially when they are in charge of important departments which affect many "lower" people.

Thai press understands this. Why can't the Farang?

Well if the gun was NOT REGISTERED in his name, then it was going to be used for a bad purpose, and then un-traceable, the more reason he should have stayed locked up, and the excuse is not plausible thats like saying officer those drugs in my case are not mine, i don't know how they got there, only a third world country would come out with the bullshit he came out with. Are Thai people really that stupid, i thought that was a myth?

Is he really fighting corruption? How many people have been charged and found guilty?

You do realise that it would be far easier for a military Govt to tackle corruption in Thailand than any elected Govt, its like comparing chalk and cheese.

Well yes, you can take the view that the people being removed are corrupt, others can take the view that people being removed are being so, because they support the wrong persons. Until there is any conviction and evidence the conjecture you make has as much validity as someone who thinks the opposite. 16 months now is it? So how many have been charged and/or prosecuted?

The General came along to reform, perhaps you can point out any reform of any importance which has been tackled? or even attempted for that matter?

If they were serious they would have locked up 10,000 civil servants by now

Well if the gun was NOT REGISTERED in his name, then it was going to be used for a bad purpose, and then un-traceable, the more reason he should have stayed locked up, and the excuse is not plausible thats like saying officer those drugs in my case are not mine, i don't know how they got there, only a third world country would come out with the bullshit he came out with. Are Thai people really that stupid, i thought that was a myth?

Not all Thai people are "really that stupid", just some and NONE of them have any power to change what some corrupt politicians and Military or Police say or do. THIS IS NOT A WESTERN DEMOCRACY. Thai people have different standards of "acceptable" behaviour, unfortunately. That is why after 100s of years the nation has not progressed into a modern world state. Too much corruption! The rich and powerful do not want to give up their "sometimes ill begotten", power and influence. sad.png

I think I am missing something here. I thought that policemen were allowed to travel with guns, as long as they are declared, and left with security, for firearms check in. Was he unwilling to do this? Why hide the gun in the luggage? And what on earth is up with this new excuse? The gun was not his. I am not sure why he would be traveling with someone elses gun. Who would do that? Does this police region 1 chief think the nation is stupid? Does he really consider that a credible excuse or defense? Why even utter such drivel, when it is so obvious to everyone, it is only drivel?

I am just having a laff at so many proclaimed Japanese experts who predicted he would rot in jail in Japan.

Well there are no brownie points for Japan for their "inaction" on this particular event.

It was not his and it belonged to his twin brother. His dog was worried about him and dropped it in his bag. You know this man is lieing when his lips are moving. Does any one really believe him except his police flunkies. He makes Thailand,s security and police look like clowns to the rest of the world! So sad!

Looking like clowns, is this really anything new?

I think I am missing something here. I thought that policemen were allowed to travel with guns, as long as they are declared, and left with security, for firearms check in. Was he unwilling to do this? Why hide the gun in the luggage? And what on earth is up with this new excuse? The gun was not his. I am not sure why he would be traveling with someone elses gun. Who would do that? Does this police region 1 chief think the nation is stupid? Does he really consider that a credible excuse or defense? Why even utter such drivel, when it is so obvious to everyone, it is only drivel?

He was a policeman before but not anymore. Legal firearms can be taken by anyone on domestic flights within Thailand, as you say, by handing them in before.

A Thai firearms permit is not valid in another country.

An illegal firearm is illegal however or whoever has it. Being a cop at some previous time in his life should not exempt him from common law, but TiT.

Every single passenger is asked the question - "Did you pack your bags yourself?" I wonder what he answered to that.

There are so many different stories coming out of this that we will never know the truth. TIT

You can't handle the truth.

My Huckleberry friend says "How did he get on the plane in Thailand with a gun"

THAT IS THE QUERY!!!!!