Burmese biker dies in fatal crash with Chinese-owned car in Central Pattaya

webfact

Burmese biker dies in fatal crash with Chinese-owned car in Central Pattaya

crash-25.jpg?resize=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- In the early hours of Monday a 21 year old Burmese man died following a head-on collision with a car driven by a Chinese Businessman.

The crash occurred on Pattaya Second Road in front of Soi 9, just before 4.30am and resulted in the death of Mr. Sai Lon. CPR was administered at the scene and he was rushed to Hospital but he was later pronounced dead.

The driver of the car, a Red BMW X1 is Mr. Jian Hang Chen aged 30 who claimed there was nothing he could have done to avoid the collision with the bike which was allegedly driving in the wrong direction along the one-way street.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/205111/burmese-biker-dies-in-fatal-crash-with-chinese-owned-car-in-central-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-07-28

Again lack of policing and care from law and enforcement officers. You see motorbikes going against the traffic on 2nd road every few mins. You will also see policeman standing on the sidewalk doing nothing

Not that good policing would have saved this idiot from himself, but what you say is so true - the police just don't seem to have any idea about doing their job on a minute to minute basis. As in - alert and responsive to what they see, what is going on around them.

Again lack of policing and care from law and enforcement officers. You see motorbikes going against the traffic on 2nd road every few mins. You will also see policeman standing on the sidewalk doing nothing

The police also ride/drive against the traffic flow, last year i had an accident with a bib doing just that.

Interesting headline - from the point of view that it implies things and the story sheds no light on those implications.

Are we to infer that the business man has a Chinese passport? or that he is a Thai of chinese ethnicity?

And the car? If he has a Chinese passport and is therefore a visitor he presumably does not own it, so who owns the car? Another Chinese person? But how? or a mate who is a Thai of Chinese ethnicity? But then it's not Chinese owned . . . OMG, my mind is tieing itself in knots . .. .

tink too mut.

I'll bet drink involved and/or speeding, driving the wrong way wouldn't help either, Thais often do this when crossing to a soi a little further up on the other side, they are often near enough stationary or going at a crawl

On the other hand, car driver pissed at speed pulls to the inside sharply to get round another vehicle only to find the lane it is occupied by a motorbike or pedestrian, the latter almost happened to me crossing that busy 2nd road when a speeding falang suddenly pulled to the inside (curb side) of a slow moving baht bus, I had to jump out of his way as he screeched to a halt, moments later I had him by the throat

Edited by smedly

Not that good policing would have saved this idiot from himself, but what you say is so true - the police just don't seem to have any idea about doing their job on a minute to minute basis. As in - alert and responsive to what they see, what is going on around them.

Well, they know they get paid anyway, so why work? Obviously no-one cares if they do or don't as no-one ever seems to be disciplined.

Interesting headline - from the point of view that it implies things and the story sheds no light on those implications.

Are we to infer that the business man has a Chinese passport? or that he is a Thai of chinese ethnicity?

And the car? If he has a Chinese passport and is therefore a visitor he presumably does not own it, so who owns the car? Another Chinese person? But how? or a mate who is a Thai of Chinese ethnicity? But then it's not Chinese owned . . . OMG, my mind is tieing itself in knots . .. .

tink too mut.

"Interesting headline - from the point of view that it implies things and the story sheds no light on those implications."

The intention of the story is to report a traffic accident, that's all, not to open an enquiry into the reason the driver was where he was or what passport he holds.

"Are we to infer that the business man has a Chinese passport? or that he is a Thai of chinese ethnicity?"

Most likely it means that the businessman is Chinese, don't you think? His name gives you quite a good clue. There's no suggestion of him being Thai.

"And the car? If he has a Chinese passport and is therefore a visitor he presumably does not own it..."

Why would you presume that, never heard of cars being driven into the country?

I'll bet drink involved and/or speeding, driving the wrong way wouldn't help either, Thais often do this when crossing to a soi a little further up on the other side, they are often near enough stationary or going at a crawl

On the other hand, car driver pissed at speed pulls to the inside sharply to get round another vehicle only to find the lane it is occupied by a motorbike or pedestrian, the latter almost happened to me crossing that busy 2nd road when a speeding falang suddenly pulled to the inside (curb side) of a slow moving baht bus, I had to jump out of his way as he screeched to a halt, moments later I had him by the throat

"...moments later I had him by the throat"

Bet you didn't. But even if you weren't making the last bit of your story up, don't you think you went a bit over the top considering that you were standing in the road?

Again these farangs. They can't drive....Poor Burmese RIP

No farangs involved in this accident.

"Poor Burmese, RIP", what? RIP after causing chaos, endangering other's lives by riding the wrong way on a one-way street and colliding head-on with someone apparently not breaking any laws? Are you nuts?

Burmese/Chinese, hard to know who to blame here?

The General will love this... no Thai's to blame...

Forgetting the fact of the lax attitude to enforcement of driving standards that make Thailand one of the worst countries for fatal road accidents.

tink too mut.

"Interesting headline - from the point of view that it implies things and the story sheds no light on those implications."

The intention of the story is to report a traffic accident, that's all, not to open an enquiry into the reason the driver was where he was or what passport he holds.

"Are we to infer that the business man has a Chinese passport? or that he is a Thai of chinese ethnicity?"

Most likely it means that the businessman is Chinese, don't you think? His name gives you quite a good clue. There's no suggestion of him being Thai.

"And the car? If he has a Chinese passport and is therefore a visitor he presumably does not own it..."

Plus, I own my car and I'm not Thai....

RIP to the rider.

Everyone is pissed up when you comment on accidents .

nothing to do with a vehicle traveling the wrong way up a carriageway facepalm.gif

So you assaulted someone who was riding on the pubic highway !!!!!

That's not very nice. coffee1.gif

• 8 months later...

tink too mut.

​It doesn't say anything if the car was registered in Thailand or China, just the ownership of the vehicle. However, if the car was registered in China it would make it an even bigger issue. In any case, this sort of scenario is exactly why the Land Transport Department will restrict foreign registered vehicles from driving to Thailand starting later next month. Hooray!