• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When W 7 expires?

(I did like W 7 - no problems @ all)

Get a real copy of Win7 feom eBay for £30 and then when Microsoft say it's about to expire then do the free upgrade to Win 10. This way you will have a legit version of both operating systems as, from reading this lengthy blog you've made here, it sounds like you are running pirated software which always contains viruses and malware.

If you care as much as you say do about your laptop's performance then never ever use any software bought from a Thai market, they will always contain malware.

Also, get a better tech.

With my laptop & using W 10, how does one take a photo?

Where is the photo kept eg Documents?

Are you asking about a photo taken with a built-in camera, or a screenshot taken of the current video display as an image?

If a screenshot, then google PrtSc (PrintScreen), or use the Windows 10 "Snipping Tool" application that lets you copy portions of the display screen as an image. If you want to play with the built-in video camera, then you'll need to download an app specific to your need.

RichCor

I am referring to a photo taken with the Lenovo of an outside object.

Sorry to be difficult, but... "photo taken with the Lenovo"

That doesn't describe what is taking the photo. "Lenovo" isn't a descriptive noun (isn't descriptive of what is taking the picture)

Again, if you want to play with the built-in video camera, then you'll need to download an app specific to your need.

Usually a person would write that they want to use the built-in laptop camera to take pictures. I say this because there are many devices one can add, or use, connected to a computer or laptop to capture images. So to assist you, you need to be specific about the connected device being used.

Many 'social media' applications have the ability to use 'attached image capture devices', like the built-in camera, to capture video or still images from within those programs.

Even some 'security' applications will utilize the built-in camera to capture images if a security lapse is tripped. What software you use depends on what you want it for.

Usually a smartphone will work better at capturing images as the camera optics are much much better than those found on most laptops.

But if you must, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 have a Camera App, just do a windows search (magnifying glass in taskbar) and type: Camera

Camera app and webcams help

windows.microsoft.com

I'm running Win 10...when I click the Windows icon in the lower left hand corner and then click All Apps, then under the letter C there is an app called Camera. I click Camera, the app opens, and there I am staring at myself on the computer screen...gosh I'm so handsome. Click the Camera icon on the screen and I've just taken a picture of myself. Don't know if this App came with Win 10 or was maybe installed when I installed the camera driver. Took me about 3 seconds to find the app in my All Apps menu.

Just like most smartphones it should have then placed the pic you just took in the upper or lower corner of your camera app windows where you could review it.

And if my my Camera App the pictures was saved on your had drive under the Pictures, Camera Roll folder. Just look around a little you'll find it...you got to look around a little.

I click Camera, the app opens, and there I am staring at myself on the computer screen...gosh I'm so handsome. Click the Camera icon on the screen and I've just taken a picture of myself. Don't know if this App came with Win 10 or was maybe installed when I installed the camera driver. Took me about 3 seconds to find the app in my All Apps menu.

Followed your instructions.

Got to ManyCam

Shot a pic using the camera.

Then nothing!

(Windows 10)

(quote emphasis mine)

Fang37, have you opened windows system Device Manager to see if "Imaging Devices" shows an HD WebCam, and without error (driver present)?

The imaging device must have a working driver if you hope to use it.

ManyCam is a third-party camera emulation or camera router application, allowing different connected video image devices to be used in other applications it normally wouldn't work in. It isn't part of the Windows OS so don't know where you downloaded it from.

I also wish you would state things definitively, as in, "opened the software, saw myself/didn't see myself (so it's working/not working), was able to take a picture (of what) and now need to know where the pic is stored." Saying, "Shot a pic using the camera. Then nothing!" isn't very helpful.

If the CAMERA app is missing then either the WebCam driver isn't loaded or working, or maybe it's a different device class and requires special software from Lenovo.

• 1 month later...

After a torrid time with installing W 10, Samsung Rapid Mode, the Lenovo is running like a dream. I really enjoy the touch of the keypad now.

Very happy to have Windows 10 - no risk of a copy as invariably it is in Thailand.

Thank you all for your assistance in the past.