Preecha Bang Saray

Anthony5

Are Preecha Bang Saray and Baan Amphur different entities or am I confused.

Yesterday we went to the one in Bang Saray near the beach, where I think the one we went to previously is actually located in Baan Amphur, and was disappointed.

Always been satisfied on previous restaurant visits, but this time was different.

What we got served was not even close to what was on the pictures, and expansive for what it was.

Like a deep fried fish with Thai black pepper, with a fried fish on a plate in the picture, turned out as 3 pieces of fish meat among a lot of black pepper and onions and alike. No whole fish to be seen.

My friend ordered crab in black pepper, and got crab with tiny legs and little meat on the body. At 450 Baht for a single person portion, I thought that would be overrated.

So have seafood prices increased that much in the past 6 months, or is Preecha Bang Saray much more expensive than the one at Baan Amphur?

They are different restaurants, but owned by the same family. I've not been in about a year to the one in Ban Amphur, but wouldn't doubt prices have gone up. Can't comment on the one in Bang Saray.

For something different, if you like, try the Bang Saray Fishing Club. Or something like that. It's very hard to find, but fantastic at sunset. Great guy runs the place and the food is OK. Coming in from Suk, turn left at the Temple. Down about 1km you'll see a sign pointing to the right down a dirt track. Live music on Sundays, normally.

For something different, if you like, try the Bang Saray Fishing Club. Or something like that. It's very hard to find, but fantastic at sunset. Great guy runs the place and the food is OK. Coming in from Suk, turn left at the Temple. Down about 1km you'll see a sign pointing to the right down a dirt track. Live music on Sundays, normally.

Is it any of these, or are all these the same place anyway? Not obvious from the pictures.

http://www.bangsaray.com/bang-saray-club/

http://pattayatoday.net/life-leisure/gourmet-corner/the-bang-saray-club-3/

http://www.pattayamail.com/515/dining.shtml

Your amazing! That's it! And David, the guy running the place, is in one of the pics. Great guy. It's something different. Quite a few locals go there for a sundowner. Food is OK, view is great.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't consider Preecha in Ban Amphur overpriced considering what the places in walking street are charging,

also are they still putting up the price on Fridays and weekends for the Bangkok crowds? Used to be a local tip of only going to seafood places on weekdays

I wouldn't consider Preecha in Ban Amphur overpriced considering what the places in walking street are charging,

also are they still putting up the price on Fridays and weekends for the Bangkok crowds? Used to be a local tip of only going to seafood places on weekdays

What I said, the previous times I went to Preecha Ban Amphur, and was always satisfied with the price and service, something I couldn't say about my visit to Preecha Bang Saray this Monday.

I remember regularly going to the seafood places on Walking St six or seven years ago and they were cheap and food was pretty good.

Then sort of overnight the prices seemed to really sky rocket.

Stop going there and went to Bang Saray a number of times and then they started getting more expensive and not as good.

Sign of the times and another reason why less people are coming to Thailand.

Thailand no longer the bargain it once was.

I remember regularly going to the seafood places on Walking St six or seven years ago and they were cheap and food was pretty good.

Then sort of overnight the prices seemed to really sky rocket.

Stop going there and went to Bang Saray a number of times and then they started getting more expensive and not as good.

Sign of the times and another reason why less people are coming to Thailand.

Thailand no longer the bargain it once was.

Of course that is the main reason. When we were there on Monday the place was busy, not full, but several foreigners and better off Thais.

You can't blame them for responding to the business opportunity in the same way they do in Farangland also, but indeed Thailand, and especially the tourist areas and surroundings are not the bargains anymore they were a few years ago.

Edited by Anthony5

This evening went to the market on SSCC and bought 2 large fried fishes, some spicy fish paste, mixed fried vegetables with prawn, a dish with octopus, rice, noodles and some other foods and ate 3 times as much and as good as at Preecha yesterday at a quarter of the price we paid there.

Yesterday we left with hunger.

Your amazing! That's it! And David, the guy running the place, is in one of the pics. Great guy. It's something different. Quite a few locals go there for a sundowner. Food is OK, view is great.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My pleasure.

I'd like to try it but are they serious about the "gentlemen should wear a collar" bit? I never wear more than t-shirt and shorts here and have never been turned away from anywhere in Pattaya, including the Royal Cliff.

I've even re-scheduled my yearly visit back to the UK to the summer months so that I can wear t-shirt and shorts on the plane (business class) and all the time I'm there.

This evening went to the market on SSCC and bought 2 large fried fishes, some spicy fish paste, mixed fried vegetables with prawn, a dish with octopus, rice, noodles and some other foods and ate 3 times as much and as good as at Preecha yesterday at a quarter of the price we paid there.

It's always going to be cheaper buying fish in the market, or even grilled for free at BigC. I often get mine there. But even in BigC there are cheap fish and expensive fish, and it's unfair to compare the two.

Yesterday we left with hunger.

Preecha in Bang Saray is a great disappointment if you have been used to eating at their Ban Amphur restaurant.

Next time you are in Bang Saray, try Ao Talay restaurant, just about 200m further along the beach road towards the big temple. Food there is excellent and not too pricey.

It's always going to be cheaper buying fish in the market, or even grilled for free at BigC. I often get mine there. But even in BigC there are cheap fish and expensive fish, and it's unfair to compare the two.

But it is a fair comparison when you consider that we looked at the least expensive dishes because we wanted to taste as many different dishes as possible.

My fish at the restaurant was 250 Baht, but consisted of 3 pieces of fish meat while on the menu it showed a picture of a whole fried fish, and there wasn't any fish dish on the menu below that price.

At the market we got a large whole fish in sweet and sour for 130 Baht and a second one barbecued with salt crust for 170 Baht which included noodles, vegetables and sauces.

My biggest dismay with the restaurant was actually that what they showed on the menu and what they served was not the same.

But it is a fair comparison when you consider that we looked at the least expensive dishes because we wanted to taste as many different dishes as possible.

My fish at the restaurant was 250 Baht, but consisted of 3 pieces of fish meat while on the menu it showed a picture of a whole fried fish, and there wasn't any fish dish on the menu below that price.

At the market we got a large whole fish in sweet and sour for 130 Baht and a second one barbecued with salt crust for 170 Baht which included noodles, vegetables and sauces.

My biggest dismay with the restaurant was actually that what they showed on the menu and what they served was not the same.

I agree that it is appalling when an advert bears little relation to what you actually get. In most civilised countries this would be a crime.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My pleasure.

I'd like to try it but are they serious about the "gentlemen should wear a collar" bit? I never wear more than t-shirt and shorts here and have never been turned away from anywhere in Pattaya, including the Royal Cliff.

I've even re-scheduled my yearly visit back to the UK to the summer months so that I can wear t-shirt and shorts on the plane (business class) and all the time I'm there.

I've been there several times with just shorts, t-shirt and flip flops! I prefer eating outdoors. Mozzies a bit of a problem, like everywhere else here in Thailand at dusk, but the view is great.

Kittenkong, whereabouts in UK can you walk about in T-shirt & shorts? I've been back every year always during July/August. I've been cold every time. Even bought winter clothing from a Charity shop! I can't remember the temp EVER going above 20! Going back in two weeks & already the forecast looks gloomy. (I live near Manchester - 'nuff said?)

Kittenkong, whereabouts in UK can you walk about in T-shirt & shorts? I've been back every year always during July/August. I've been cold every time. Even bought winter clothing from a Charity shop! I can't remember the temp EVER going above 20! Going back in two weeks & already the forecast looks gloomy. (I live near Manchester - 'nuff said?)

When I'm there I'm on the south coast, so it's not too bad. Most years I've been lucky, though I have worn a sweat-shirt once or twice over the t-shirt.

It's mostly the trousers part that bothers me. None of my jeans fit any more and I'm trying to avoid buying new ones that I'll only wear once or twice a year. biggrin.png