Best breakfast deal in Pattaya!

Becker

Today I had what has to be the best breakfast value for money wise I have ever had in Pattaya (or anywhere else). The bakery is called Bread Seasons and is located a few doors down from Punch and Judy pub in Thepprasit soi 8.

Really good omelet with cheese and pepper bell, two bacon slices and four slices of ham, a fresh and warm bun (not sure that is the correct English term), real coffee and juice for 85 Baht. They also have a large breakfast for 95 Baht but too much food for me in the morning.

Had a look at their menu and in addition to the usual Thai food (at rock bottom prices) they also offer various spaghetti dishes for 68 Baht. A coke is 15 Baht and the beer was also very cheap (cannot remember the exact price).

Here is their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bread-Season/1557619641143362

Disclaimer; I am in no way associated with the bakery but was blown away by the food and prices so I fervently hope that this small bakery survives the low season.

post-161297-0-19192000-1438059862_thumb.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks decent for the price.

Yes, the ham is obviously the square-packed vacuum-compressed water-injected "shoulder" that is generally used here for ham sandwiches, and the cheese is processed, but that's fair enough given the price.

The bread roll looks a nice change from the usual factory sliced white toast. Also nice to get a decent bit of salad.

As it's not far from me I will surely go and try it. In fact had I known I could have tried it today as I drove past there this morning.

Another very good deal for a more traditional English breakfast is Retox at the 3rd Road end of Soi Lengkee.

Two eggs, bacon, two sausages, beans, potato, black pudding, tomato, toast, fried bread, orange-flavoured juice, tea or coffee. 98B

I was expecting it to be quite greasy but it wasnt at all. I didnt eat the fried bread though.

Edited by KittenKong

The ham looks gross.

At least it was cheap!

If it looks gross to you then I suggest you have a low "gross threashold". It's just your garden variety of ham slices, it did not taste gross at all. As I said the omelet and the bacon was very tasty as was the bun and coffee.

You should have put "English breakfast" in the title wink.png

That is in no way shape or form an English breakfast. In fact I can not see one ingredient that would be in an English breakfast and please dont say the Bacon as the bacon shown would never find its way onto any self respecting English persons plate.

I would also like to add that I am in no way bad mouthing the breakfast, it looks OK for the price

Edited by RabC

Another very good deal for a more traditional English breakfast is Retox at the 3rd Road end of Soi Lengkee.

Two eggs, bacon, two sausages, beans, potato, black pudding, tomato, toast, fried bread, orange-flavoured juice, tea or coffee. 98B

I was expecting it to be quite greasy but it wasnt at all. I didnt eat the fried bread though.

post-159732-0-02345200-1438069443_thumb.

Retox breakfast 98 Baht.

Same as Irish Rovers which is now 129 Baht.

Retox is about a 3-5 minute walk across

Soi Bukow and up Soi Lengkee from Irish

Rovers...

Obesity on a plate! Yummy.

OK, it's certainly not a weight-watchers' salad but if you leave aside the fried bread it wasnt greasy and the portions were large without being huge. Poached eggs are possible if you ask. I surely eat fewer calories there than I would at, say, Casa Pascal.

I've had a lot worse. Worth a try and apparently popular.

I would say it's better value than the Irish Wolfhound since the latter increased its prices.

attachicon.gifpost-7641-0-92945000-1437447575.jpg

Retox breakfast 98 Baht.

Rovers...

Now that IS and English Breakfast thumbsup.gif

You should have put "English breakfast" in the title wink.png

Why. Is omelet and salad an english breakfast, if so i have been going wrong all these years by not living in England.

I think it's for breakfast same as for language:

Americans, Australians,.... speak "English"

Americans, Australians,.... eat "English" breakfast (or alike)

My point was that in most countries you will not get omelette, beacon or sausage for breakfast wink.png

I will give Bread Seasons a try not everry day you see so low prices on western breakfasts. Still imo the small 80 baht breakfast at Irish is the best value for money.

Retox breakfast 98 Baht.

Rovers...

That English breakfast looks a lot better than the one for 85 baht. Thanks for the tip.

Still imo the small 80 baht breakfast at Irish is the best value for money.

I find it hard to choose between that and the 98B one at Retox, though of course the 80B one is the cheaper of the two. Previously at 60B the Irish Wolfhound was the clear winner.

In the end Irish Wolfhound probably gets the cigar because it doesnt have all the mad screens and the noisy music of Retox. Really dont want that for breakfast.

Retox breakfast 98 Baht.

Rovers...

That English breakfast looks a lot better than the one for 85 baht. Thanks for the tip.

I have to agree with you. I'm not British but toast and fried tomatoes belongs to a decent breakfast .

But Irish Wolfhound still my favourite .

Obesity on a plate! Yummy.

Not necessarily. A good breakfast can see you right through to an evening meal without having to eat anything in between. As for Thai food cooked in a wok ........ can contain a lot of cooking oil . Much better to eat when you have the whole day to burn off the calories then having a large meal only a a few hours before bedtime.

Which one is the easiest to park ?

And is this the Retox talked about ?

That's the place. Parking generally quite easy on 3rd Road as long as you dont mind walking a hundred yards.

Parking in Thepprasit 6 should not be hard either. Quite a lot of side streets in the villages around there.

That's the place. Parking generally quite easy on 3rd Road as long as you dont mind walking a hundred yards.

Parking in Thepprasit 6 should not be hard either. Quite a lot of side streets in the villages around there.

If you're referring to Bread Seasons it's located on Thepprasit soi 8. Parking a car there is not convenient but doable (unless this thread makes the place extremely popularsmile.png )

If you're referring to Bread Seasons it's located on Thepprasit soi 8. Parking a car there is not convenient but doable (unless this thread makes the place extremely popularsmile.png )

Sorry, wrote 6 meant 8. My comment about the side streets applies to that.

I guess I was right. Went there again for a late breakfast but there were no available tables so had to leave. I will ask the owner for a discount the next time I eat therebiggrin.png