Best breakfast deal in Pattaya!

Becker

Pastrami on Rye is offering excellent "American" breakfast items at a very competitive price. For example, two fried eggs, biscuits and gravy w/ coffee/tea is only about 120 baht. And they make the best eggs in town (no question about that IMHO). In addition to many standard breakfast items (e.g. pancakes, omelettes, etc), they also have New York style bagels.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another very good deal for a more traditional English breakfast is Retox at the 3rd Road end of Soi Lengkee.

Two eggs, bacon, two sausages, beans, potato, black pudding, tomato, toast, fried bread, orange-flavoured juice, tea or coffee. 98B

I was expecting it to be quite greasy but it wasnt at all. I didnt eat the fried bread though.

attachicon.gifpost-7641-0-92945000-1437447575.jpg

Retox breakfast 98 Baht.

Same as Irish Rovers which is now 129 Baht.

Retox is about a 3-5 minute walk across

Soi Bukow and up Soi Lengkee from Irish

Rovers...

Great, I always went to Rovers when in town but a few weeks back was disappointed with not only the increase in price but the general presentation and items no longer on the plate...gotta try this next time.

Pastrami on Rye is offering excellent "American" breakfast items at a very competitive price. For example, two fried eggs, biscuits and gravy w/ coffee/tea is only about 120 baht. And they make the best eggs in town (no question about that IMHO). In addition to many standard breakfast items (e.g. pancakes, omelettes, etc), they also have New York style bagels.

Not the cheapest but definitely one of the best.

A good deal is not only about being cheap.

http://www.pastramionryethailand.com/#!breakfast/c1g7k

Edited by Jingthing

Foodland Took Lae Dee is by far the best deal in terms of price, value, especially if done during brekkie "Happy Hour"....62 baht American breakfast , including freshly brewed coffee

Edited by zurgos

I guess I was right. Went there again for a late breakfast but there were no available tables so had to leave. I will ask the owner for a discount the next time I eat there:D

I drove past at around 10 this morning (didnt stop as I was going elsewhere) and only one table appeared to be taken.

However it is a very small place and so just a few customers would make it look full.

Foodland Took Lae Dee is by far the best deal in terms of price, value, especially if done during brekkie "Happy Hour"....62 baht American breakfast , including freshly brewed coffee

Value is subjective. Having eaten the American breakfast there I would say buyer beware of any restaurant kitchen that prepares both Thai and western food using the same grill and pans. My eggs were unedible because of the after taste, remnants of Thai food, fish oil smell and cooking oils. Value? If a California prison served this breakfast I am sure a judge would open an investigation as to cruel and unusual punishment.:-) Edited by ThaiBob

Try Hotel Denmark at Soi White House Jomtien Beach road. I know it`s not Pattaya, but the best breakfast in that area. For 170 bath (last time I was there) for the biggest buffet you ever seen.

Biscuits and gravy for breakfast? That sounds pretty gross.

It depends on the quality of the biscuits and gravy. It's a southern USA thing. Not British biscuits.

Another very good deal for a more traditional English breakfast is Retox at the 3rd Road end of Soi Lengkee.

Two eggs, bacon, two sausages, beans, potato, black pudding, tomato, toast, fried bread, orange-flavoured juice, tea or coffee. 98B

I was expecting it to be quite greasy but it wasnt at all. I didnt eat the fried bread though.

attachicon.gifpost-7641-0-92945000-1437447575.jpg

Retox breakfast 98 Baht.

Same as Irish Rovers which is now 129 Baht.

Retox is about a 3-5 minute walk across

Soi Bukow and up Soi Lengkee from Irish

Rovers...

Damn, wish I had looked last night as I could have tried it this morning. As you walk towards Third Road is this on the left or right as I do not recognise the name at all?

For people that live here full time.

Why would you want to eat all this crap in the morning,

Just a nasty start to the day,

No thanks .

Lek , Apex , are you sure giggle.gif

Once a month is ok to the system !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by onemorechang

No thanks .

Lek , Apex , very funny giggle.gif

Once a month is ok to the system !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe they have nothing else to do in their lives,hence the many posts from defenders of the faith,Phuket included.

Try Hotel Denmark at Soi White House Jomtien Beach road. I know it`s not Pattaya, but the best breakfast in that area. For 170 bath (last time I was there) for the biggest buffet you ever seen.

Wrong,

Jomtien Beach is a neighborhood in Pattaya City.

Damn, wish I had looked last night as I could have tried it this morning. As you walk towards Third Road is this on the left or right as I do not recognise the name at all?

It's very new. Not sure what if anything was in the unit before them.

Nearly at the top of road on the right hand side. Cant miss it really.

I dont like their breakfast though it's certainly cheap and the coffee is good.

I do like their Eggs Benedict but the price went from 72B (incl coffee and juice) to 120B overnight. Not really worth 120B.

I've seen much bigger than that, but not in Jomtien and not at that price.

It is indeed a good place.

It's very new. Not sure what if anything was in the unit before them.

Nearly at the top of road on the right hand side. Cant miss it really.

Thanks

Their pancakes are excellent, which is rare enough in North America.

An unhealthy breakfast is the highlight of my day.

Downhill all the way from there, I'm afraid.

Excellent quality and great value IMHO.

For those that like to self-drive and park, you can park in Wat Chai and ride a baht bus.

Why ? What's wrong with rich tea and bisto

For those that like to self-drive and park, you can park in Wat Chai and ride a baht bus.

It's difficult to park in front of Pastrami on Rye.but there are usually parking spots across the street in front of the Sketch Book Cafe and Coffee Shop. You might even consider stopping in Sketch Book for a coffee as I have several times. I have never eaten there so can't comment on the food but they do have a large menu including breakfast. Kind of a "funky place", The outside garden area is pretty neat.

Edited by Spaniel

It's difficult to park in front of Pastrami on Rye.but there are usually parking spots across the street in front of the Sketch Book Cafe and Coffee Shop. You might even consider stopping in Sketch Book for a coffee as I have several times. I have never eaten there so can't comment on the food but they do have a large menu including breakfast. Kind of a "funky place", The outside garden area is pretty neat.

I always wondered about that place , lived here for some years now and never visited them, maybe about time.

Do they have a website ?

Their 'American Breakfast' is tantamount to false advertising.

Don't forget the outstanding breakfast buffets offered at both the Apex and Lek hotels on Second Road.

Outstanding is the best description for these early morning buffet alternatives for the typical balloon chaser. Mediocre food that has been left out standing for hours.

Got to Retox this morning at 10 AM... all tables and bar occupied but most customers seemed to be nursing coffee and watching the telly. We thought about grabbing a table outside but that area is small and was occupied by 3 smokers taking a break from their coffee inside. The place does look decent though and we will try again, maybe earlier and try and beat the crowd.

Popped down the street to Jockeys for the usual decent breakfast and service but it seems they have replaced their previously excellent sausage with some bland pureed mystery meat in a skin concoction.

Got to Retox this morning at 10 AM... all tables and bar occupied but most customers seemed to be nursing coffee and watching the telly. We thought about grabbing a table outside but that area is small and was occupied by 3 smokers taking a break from their coffee inside. The place does look decent though and we will try again, maybe earlier and try and beat the crowd.

Being Sunday I wonder if there was some special weekend match on TV? On weekdays when I have been I didnt notice people hanging around after finishing their breakfast, and it wasnt even close to full.

Cant argue with that price for sure

Popped down the street to Jockeys for the usual decent breakfast and service but it seems they have replaced their previously excellent sausage with some bland pureed mystery meat in a skin concoction.

I too went to try Retox this morning , stood outside heard the racket from the TV s (wrestling or similar)

Not the type of place for me no matter how good the food may be

I prefer peace and quiet so went elsewhere

But I plan to try others suggestions

Good Topic

Edited by DD13

Being Sunday I wonder if there was some special weekend match on TV? On weekdays when I have been I didnt notice people hanging around after finishing their breakfast, and it wasnt even close to full.

Nowt special on the screens that I noted. Looked like either some party guys either winding down from the night before or waiting to kick-off the next bar hopping session... plus a few seniors.

Anyway, I will give it a weekday shot.