Best breakfast deal in Pattaya!

Becker

my idea of the best breakfast in pattaya is anything i can eat in the car on the way back to bangkok.

Not sure if that was intended to be humorous.....

I guess a full English is out - you might egg on your school uniform..... or your face.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8/17: I went to Witherspoons with my free breakfast coupon from the pattaya guide and the small breakfast only cost the price of my coffee. 25 baht.

I tried this also. A nicely cooked small breakfast (one egg, one sausage, one bacon, beans, two toasts, butter, jam) made nicer by being free.

Tea was extra, as expected, and cost 40B for a mug (one Tetley catering bag). I'm surprised that your coffee was so much cheaper than tea. Was it instant?

The ingredients seemed to be of good quality but I see that the regular price is 130B which seems way over the top for what you get. A full price of 170B for the food and tea is really steep.

Next stop: Comedy Club.

KK I am surprised the tea or coffee was not included in the breakfast price as it used to be before they revamped the menu (put the prices up) - and it is (or certainly was) included in some of the cheaper "breakfast" deals they do. Their food has however never been the best value compared to others around there unfortunately.

KK I am surprised the tea or coffee was not included in the breakfast price as it used to be before they revamped the menu (put the prices up) - and it is (or certainly was) included in some of the cheaper "breakfast" deals they do. Their food has however never been the best value compared to others around there unfortunately.

Perhaps the drink is normally included but they exclude it from the free offer? All I know is that I got a bill for 130B + 40B, and the girl said "you only pay 40B".

As far as I know I got the cheapest breakfast.

I'm looking in the Pattaya guide now and it's more like a scam really , except for the free breakfasts.

News Grill is there with their 199 baht daily buffet , and thats a really good deal but you don't need a voucher to get that.

The most ridiculous one is that Matrix Developments offer you 50000 baht discount when you buy a condo, just bring your coupon....

Edited by balo

Which one is the easiest to park ?

And is this the Retox talked about ?

That's the place. Parking generally quite easy on 3rd Road as long as you dont mind walking a hundred yards.

Parking in Thepprasit 6 should not be hard either. Quite a lot of side streets in the villages around there.

If you're referring to Bread Seasons it's located on Thepprasit soi 8. Parking a car there is not convenient but doable (unless this thread makes the place extremely popular:) )

It's pretty easy to park in the soi that is almost opposite, Caddy Shack pub on corner

Perhaps the drink is normally included but they exclude it from the free offer? All I know is that I got a bill for 130B + 40B, and the girl said "you only pay 40B".

As far as I know I got the cheapest breakfast.

I was in there this morning so checked. I think you are right as the cheapest breakfast on the menu is 130 baht but definitely normally includes tea or coffee.

The other cheaper items they offered have finished.

So are the renowned Pattaya Balloon Chasers expanding their activities to swanning around town looking for free breakfast coupons?

Like it or not, the best breakfast deal must surely be a free breakfast so it's bang on topic for this thread. I suppose there are people stupid enough to pay 130B for something that they could have got for free for no effort, but I'm not one of them.

Those who wish to demonstrate their superiority by paying over the odds are welcome to carry on doing so, but I dont quite see the logic in it.

I suppose the same people like to pay more for their air tickets also, and would never buy from a consolidator even though the seat sold at a discount is exactly the same as the full-price one.

Anyway , the best breakfast deal if you want a small English breakfast is Irish Wolfhound for 80 baht but I like to try out new places just to compare. And so far Irish Wolfhound is the best deal , also if you appreciate well prepared quality food.

Edited by balo

Anyway , the best breakfast deal if you want a small English breakfast is Irish Wolfhound for 80 baht but I like to try out new places just to compare. And so far Irish Wolfhound is the best deal , also if you appreciate well prepared quality food.

Retox on soi Lengkee and 3rd road has the best budget English breakfast at 99 baht. It filled me up and tasted great. Not too greasy. I enjoy watching female MMA while I dine and now I can. :)

Apparently Retox also does a smaller cheaper breakfast which must be a strong competitor for the Irish Wolfhound. I've not tried it though and would be interested to hear from those who have.

I also used to go often to the Irish Wolfhound when it was 60B, and it's still fine at 80B, but I think that you get much more than 18B extra from the Retox breakfast at 98B.

The ambience at the Irish Wolfhound (open-air, Sky News) is much more my style than Retox is (noisy music, noisy fans), for sure. But that's just a personal opinion.

The ambience at the Irish Wolfhound (open-air, Sky News) is much more my style than Retox is (noisy music, noisy fans), for sure. But that's just a personal opinion.

As most eat their breakfasts in the morning, it's rather quiet with mostly old papas and their 20 year old girlfriends. Not that there's anything wrong with that....;)

• 5 months later...

Hello, people say it's the best breakfast around Pattaya ?

Do you know at what time they start serving breakfast ?

And can we eat all night also ?

Another very good deal for a more traditional English breakfast is Retox at the 3rd Road end of Soi Lengkee.

Two eggs, bacon, two sausages, beans, potato, black pudding, tomato, toast, fried bread, orange-flavoured juice, tea or coffee. 98B

I was expecting it to be quite greasy but it wasnt at all. I didnt eat the fried bread though.

Hello, people say it's the best breakfast around Pattaya ?

Do you know at what time they start serving breakfast ?

And can we eat all night also ?

Another very good deal for a more traditional English breakfast is Retox at the 3rd Road end of Soi Lengkee.

Two eggs, bacon, two sausages, beans, potato, black pudding, tomato, toast, fried bread, orange-flavoured juice, tea or coffee. 98B

I was expecting it to be quite greasy but it wasnt at all. I didnt eat the fried bread though.

According to a post in another thread, the Retox breakfast starts serving at 8 AM. Although the place is open 24/7, I assume the breakfast cook buggers off some time so I doubt 'all day breakfast' is available.

Edited by NanLaew

Funny im checking now and it seems that people still drink beer at 7am ?

Is it really live ?

http://www.pattayastreetcams.com/retox-2/

There is a slight delay on the webcams but yes, it is a 24 hour bar.

No, you can't get food all night, as stated the breakfasts are served from 8.00 am

I also agree with an earlier poster in preferring the ambiance of the Irish Wolfhound but IMO the quality and value at Retox scores it a point or so higher.

Edited by Jip99

Is it really live ?

I have seen people drinking in there after 9am who have obviously been there drinking since the night before. Yesterday a guy ordered a pint at around 8.45am and I think he was just starting his day..........

Is it really live ?

Nothing in least surprising about drinking beer at 7 am in Pattaya. You must be FOTB.

And the beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad,

So I had one more for dessert.

--Johnny Cash

We ain't on no 9-5 schedule here.

Edited by JSixpack