Best breakfast deal in Pattaya!

Becker

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Checked out the Retox breakfast last Sunday. Got there a little after 10 AM and only a couple of other customers. Fast service and the baht buster 98 baht is pretty good value although the sausages are the smaller chipolata style rather than a English breakfast banger. Since Jockey's don't have decent sausage any more, looking for a breakfast venue where they have decent sausage at a decent price.

Edited by NanLaew

Pastrami on Rye is offering excellent "American" breakfast items at a very competitive price. For example, two fried eggs, biscuits and gravy w/ coffee/tea is only about 120 baht. And they make the best eggs in town (no question about that IMHO). In addition to many standard breakfast items (e.g. pancakes, omelettes, etc), they also have New York style bagels.

Not the cheapest but definitely one of the best.

A good deal is not only about being cheap.

http://www.pastramionryethailand.com/#!breakfast/c1g7k

Biscuits and gravy for breakfast? That sounds pretty gross.

Why ? What's wrong with rich tea and bisto

This is what American biscuits and (sausage) gravy looks like:

post-110622-0-78551500-1439174294_thumb.

Put a fried egg on top and it gets even better. I am not sure if "Brits" would like it.

Another very good deal for a more traditional English breakfast is Retox at the 3rd Road end of Soi Lengkee.

Two eggs, bacon, two sausages, beans, potato, black pudding, tomato, toast, fried bread, orange-flavoured juice, tea or coffee. 98B

I was expecting it to be quite greasy but it wasnt at all. I didnt eat the fried bread though.

Cant argue with that price for sure

You certainly can't if your tastebuds are happy with 'orange-flavoured juice' and probably instant coffee to go with it. There are times when one must dig deep deep deep for that extra 50-100 baht and eat breakfast like a gentleman and not a pauper.

Pastrami on Rye now offer a light combo served all day long, fresh NY style bagels (the best in Thailand) with cream cheese and coffee/espresso for 100 baht . You can't go wrong there.

Another very good deal for a more traditional English breakfast is Retox at the 3rd Road end of Soi Lengkee.

Two eggs, bacon, two sausages, beans, potato, black pudding, tomato, toast, fried bread, orange-flavoured juice, tea or coffee. 98B

I was expecting it to be quite greasy but it wasnt at all. I didnt eat the fried bread though.

You certainly can't if your tastebuds are happy with 'orange-flavoured juice' and probably instant coffee to go with it. There are times when one must dig deep deep deep for that extra 50-100 baht and eat breakfast like a gentleman and not a pauper.

I drink tea there and it is fine. Outside they have a poster advertising brewed coffee, so maybe you get that with the breakfast? Worth checking perhaps before sounding off?

In my experience orange juice is bad everywhere in Thailand, not least because local oranges aren't real oranges. So even if you get fresh pressed local "orange" juice (which you probably wont get in a 150B breakfast anywhere) it wont taste right anyway. Casa Pascal is a good example: at 225B their orange-flavoured juice (which is just a cordial) is much worse than that offered at Retox for 100B; I wont even drink it when I go there.

The juice at Retox is drinkable and the meal is very good value and surprisingly good quality.

I used to serve Brook orange juice.

That had a pretty good flavor, and texture - unlike many of the diluted OJ's.

Indeed. I buy big cans of that at Makro. It tastes like it should. The canned grapefruit juice at Makro is fine also.

I drink tea there and it is fine. Outside they have a poster advertising brewed coffee, so maybe you get that with the breakfast? Worth checking perhaps before sounding off?

In my experience orange juice is bad everywhere in Thailand, not least because local oranges aren't real oranges. So even if you get fresh pressed local "orange" juice (which you probably wont get in a 150B breakfast anywhere) it wont taste right anyway. Casa Pascal is a good example: at 225B their orange-flavoured juice (which is just a cordial) is much worse than that offered at Retox for 100B; I wont even drink it when I go there.

The juice at Retox is drinkable and the meal is very good value and surprisingly good quality.

And the tea is tetleys thumbsup.gif marvellous

It seems there is a new "cheapest breakfast in pattaya" thread every couple of months ...

The thing to remember here is that we all have different tastes and expectations. I am happy

or the OP that he liked and enjoyed the breakfast. But for me I would have not eaten it. The

processed cheese on the omelet, the so called "ham" and bacon, are not what I would expect.

Yes it is cheap. You can have it even cheaper if you buy all ingredients and make it at home ( I

know this is not an option for everybody).

If/when I go out for breakfast, I go to Pastrami on Ray, or Backfabrick (if he'll turn up his A/C).

Yes, they will be a bit more expensive, but it will be something that will please *me*.

luudee

The best juice (or that which I think is closest to fresh orange) that I have found in the value breakfast category and in that area is at Killkennys in Soi LK Metro. This is with their 100baht "special" or small breakfast which comes with juice and tea or coffee.

So now do I choose Retox or Killkennys - depends on how much I want to fill up, and aircon or fan.....smile.png

Checked out the Retox breakfast last Sunday. Got there a little after 10 AM and only a couple of other customers. Fast service and the baht buster 98 baht is pretty good value although the sausages are the smaller chipolata style rather than a English breakfast banger. Since Jockey's don't have decent sausage any more, looking for a breakfast venue where they have decent sausage at a decent price.

I agree, I would rather have one larger 'fatboy' sausage than a couple of chipolatas

Free breakfast!

I just picked up a free copy of the Pattaya Guide where there are coupons on page 32. The coupons allow for a free breakfast at Whitherspoons on Soi Buakow and Comedy Pub on soi Batman. No conditions/terms mentioned but worth a visit to find out. I'll post my findings within the week or perhaps you may too.

I heard today that Simon, formerly of the Irish Rovers, was running this place.

That explains it :)

I heard today that Simon, formerly of the Irish Rovers, was running this place.

That explains it

I heard that also, but when I went to iRovers a year or two ago the same meal was quite greasy. So much so that I didnt feel like going back in a hurry.

No such problem at Retox.

It seems there is a new "cheapest breakfast in pattaya" thread every couple of months ...

The thing to remember here is that we all have different tastes and expectations. I am happy

or the OP that he liked and enjoyed the breakfast. But for me I would have not eaten it. The

processed cheese on the omelet, the so called "ham" and bacon, are not what I would expect.

Yes it is cheap. You can have it even cheaper if you buy all ingredients and make it at home ( I

know this is not an option for everybody).

If/when I go out for breakfast, I go to Pastrami on Ray, or Backfabrick (if he'll turn up his A/C).

Yes, they will be a bit more expensive, but it will be something that will please *me*.

luudee

Good for you, but how is that relevant to this thread?? You really haven't contributed anything and in the process made yourself sound like a (s)nob.

No one cares whether you like it or not!

(FWIW it really isn't my "cup of tea" either, but again; what's the relevance??)

8/17: I went to Witherspoons with my free breakfast coupon from the pattaya guide and the small breakfast only cost the price of my coffee. 25 baht.

So where do I find a "Pattaya Guide"?

The Pattaya Guide is a monthly publication which is on display in many hotels, restaurants, shopping centres and entertainment venues around Pattaya, Jomtien and Naklua. I found my copy in Witherspoons on Soi Buakow but they are found easily in many other places too.

post-243774-0-87067700-1439858002_thumb.

post-243774-0-06783400-1439858006_thumb.

edit: In August's issue, there are coupons for FREE breakfasts at Comedy Pub on Sukhumvit soi 46/3 and Witherspoons. You must buy a drink such as coffee, tea, juice, etc. My bill was 25 baht at Witherspoons.

Edited by nuslodados

The Pattaya Guide is a monthly publication which is on display in many hotels, restaurants, shopping centres and entertainment venues around Pattaya, Jomtien and Naklua. I found my copy in Witherspoons on Soi Buakow but they are found easily in many other places too.

Thanks for that. I actually found a copy last night.

I got a coupon for a free breakfast at the Comedy Club also, whatever that is. smile.png

Some of the discounts are a bit cheeky though: that Sportsman "save money" coupon at 199B is for their Friday pizza buffet, the normal price of which is ..... 199B.

Edited by KittenKong

Thanks for that. I actually found a copy last night.

I got a coupon for a free breakfast at the Comedy Club also, whatever that is. smile.png

Some of the discounts are a bit cheeky though: that Sportsman "save money" coupon at 199B is for their Friday pizza buffet, the normal price of which is ..... 199B.

yes, a lot of them are normal prices and you dont need the coupon - I read on another forum than the massage voucher did not work either

8/17: I went to Witherspoons with my free breakfast coupon from the pattaya guide and the small breakfast only cost the price of my coffee. 25 baht.

I tried this also. A nicely cooked small breakfast (one egg, one sausage, one bacon, beans, two toasts, butter, jam) made nicer by being free.

Tea was extra, as expected, and cost 40B for a mug (one Tetley catering bag). I'm surprised that your coffee was so much cheaper than tea. Was it instant?

The ingredients seemed to be of good quality but I see that the regular price is 130B which seems way over the top for what you get. A full price of 170B for the food and tea is really steep.

Next stop: Comedy Club.

Next stop: Comedy Club.

I went to Comedy Pub this morning at 9am. There was a handwritten sign saying they open at 12pm. I've sent an email to the owner for clarification.

Wow.

This coupon chasing "breakfast club" is something I want no part in.

But I do like eatigo.com!

That's OK. It's a free country (well, more or less).

I also like eatigo but I'm also happy with anything that gets me a big discount on something that I would like to try anyway. And I do like trying different breakfast places.