Would a Thai Girl Enjoy Living in Ecuador?

It can actually just be money in a bank account which is in dollars.

However, there is talk that Ecuador is considering moving away from the dollar eventually.

Also note that the last I heard U.S. citizens are having a very hard time opening bank accounts in Ecuador. Much more severe problem than in Thailand. This is a very recent negative development due to the Ecuadorian response to the infamous U.S. international banking regulations.

Also for those living in Thailand you need a fairly fresh apostled police record report from Thailand to apply. They are very fussy about paperwork there. Worse than Thailand.

unfortunately Thailand is not a signatory country to the Hague Convention. no Thai notary is empowered to affix an apostille on a document. nearest notary who has that power one finds in Brunei.

However, there is talk that Ecuador is considering moving away from the dollar eventually.

Also note that the last I heard U.S. citizens are having a very hard time opening bank accounts in Ecuador. Much more severe problem than in Thailand. This is a very recent negative development due to the Ecuadorian response to the infamous U.S. international banking regulations.

Also for those living in Thailand you need a fairly fresh apostled police record report from Thailand to apply. They are very fussy about paperwork there. Worse than Thailand.

unfortunately Thailand is not a signatory country to the Hague Convention. no Thai notary is empowered to affix an apostille on a document. nearest notary who has that power one finds in Brunei.

Good grief.

A thread about Ecuador has become a discussion about apostilles in Brunei.

Good grief.

It is possible to get Thai documents legalized for Ecuador in Thailand. Through the foreign ministry if I recall correctly. You definitely would not go to Brunei.

Good grief.

because it is relevant as Ecuador is asking (according to Jingthing) for notarised documents with apostille. that JT did a little mispelling ("apostled" instead of "apostilled") is not a reason for "good grief" exclamations confirming your lack of knowledge in this respect.

if you require additional information who or what an apostille is, just ask or google smile.png

Good grief.

It is possible to get Thai documents legalized for Ecuador in Thailand. Through the foreign ministry if I recall correctly. You definitely would not go to Brunei.

that depends on what your counterpart accepts JT. in 2007 we had to fly to Brazil to sell two building plots although it could have been handled by a friend through a power of attorney with the mandatory requirement "consularised". apostille and consularised documents are the favourites in Latin America. and in many cases you are lost or delayed for months obtaining notarised proof of your father's first name.

the Brazilian consulate in BKK refused to consularise the PoA because my wife does not speak portuguese bah.gif but in the end we were quite happy to spend some holidays in Rio and both ways in Dubai smile.png

that depends on what your counterpart accepts JT. in 2007 we had to fly to Brazil to sell two building plots although it could have been handled by a friend through a power of attorney with the mandatory requirement "consularised". apostille and consularised documents are the favourites in Latin America. and in many cases you are lost or delayed for months obtaining notarised proof of your father's first name.

the Brazilian consulate in BKK refused to consularise the PoA because my wife does not speak portuguese bah.gif but in the end we were quite happy to spend some holidays in Rio and both ways in Dubai smile.png

What if you are a bastard?

What if you are a bastard?

what if you are an imbecile? laugh.png

Archived