Chuwong kin seek new chief investigator

webfact

Chuwong kin seek new chief investigator
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- THE FAMILY of construction magnate Chuwong Saetang, who died suspiciously in a car crash last month, yesterday urged the police chief to change the chief investigator on the case because of his familiarity with the car's driver.

"We're concerned about the fact that he was a classmate of Pol Lt-Colonel Banyin Tangpakorn during their years at the Royal Police Cadet Academy," a family member told Pol General Somyot Poompanmuang, chief of the national police.

Heading the probe team is Pol Colonel Taweerat Sriwatchara-pong, deputy commander of Metropolitan Police Division 4.

The family is afraid such ties might risk the investigation.

Banyin was with Chuwong when the car ploughed into a tree, but escaped without any injuries while Chuwong was killed.

The family has also uncovered huge transfers of Chuwong's shares to two young women just days before his demise. The two women, the investigation suggested, also knew Banyin.

Banyin met with investigators at Udomsuk Police Station in the afternoon to provide further information on the case.

Pol Lt-General Prawut Thavornsiri, a police spokesman, said it still remained inconclusive whether Chuwong died from an accident.

Pol Colonel Jirapop Phuridej, a superintendent at the Crime Suppression Division, said the pregnant woman who received Bt228 million worth of shares from Chuwong did not wish to undergo any DNA test, which would determine if it was his baby.

Authorities have frozen the shares that were transferred from Chuwong's account to the two women.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Chuwong-kin-seek-new-chief-investigator-30265446.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-07-29

Its easy to feel confident about the outcome of an investigation when you can direct the investigators

The same is true for either side. Although it is another interesting coincidence in this Lakorn.

I secretly think the brother of the deceased is behind it all after harbouring unrequited affections for the wife. But I admit to missing a few episodes

"We're concerned about the fact that he was a classmate of Pol Lt-Colonel Banyin Tangpakorn during their years at the Royal Police Cadet Academy,"

They have a good point.

Edited by Bluespunk

The conclusion the investigation team reached was as farcical as it gets, no phantom car on the cctv, a very minor collision in which the person whose side of the car sustained ALL of the damage was completely unhurt yet the passenger dies despite his side of the car being completely unblemished. It is a horrendously crooked investigation even before you factor in the 2 golf caddies who have no verifiable links to the deceased man.

Then you add in the time frame; Document transfers with incorrectly spelled surnames, eye wateringly large sums of money (in shares) transferred for no verifiable reason & a pitifully poor investigation first time out.

Hope the family gets what it should get back on the 3rd time. Prayuth's tenure as PM in terms of cracking down on blatant corruption is the worst i've seen yet. Appalling frankly

Seems the family wants nothing more than getting the shares back.............!

Seems to me the family want:

1. To find out who killed their father in what is so obviously a covered up "accident".

2. To get the guy in charge (who has close ties with the person who "survived" the accident) to be replaced with someone who is "independent".

3. To find out who these people are that received such large share transfers.

4. To find out how those shares got transferred to people with fake signatures and the complicit involvement of so many who are involved in this.

After all, if it was YOUR father that was murdered in suspicious circumstances, and a large part of YOUR inheritance had just been transferred to a gold caddy and a mia noi, wouldn't you be more than just a little upset? I know I would be.

You can say it's all about the money, and it is to a degree, but I think you're being more than a little unfair to the family over this one.

Seems the family wants nothing more than getting the shares back.............!

That would be correct, in my opinion. A related question is: Shares are stock, which can be split, sold and otherwise altered. What can happen while they are "frozen"? I imagine something could happen that would allow the family to nick them from the two women.

The conclusion the investigation team reached was as farcical as it gets, no phantom car on the cctv, a very minor collision in which the person whose side of the car sustained ALL of the damage was completely unhurt yet the passenger dies despite his side of the car being completely unblemished. It is a horrendously crooked investigation even before you factor in the 2 golf caddies who have no verifiable links to the deceased man.

Then you add in the time frame; Document transfers with incorrectly spelled surnames, eye wateringly large sums of money (in shares) transferred for no verifiable reason & a pitifully poor investigation first time out.

Hope the family gets what it should get back on the 3rd time. Prayuth's tenure as PM in terms of cracking down on blatant corruption is the worst i've seen yet. Appalling frankly

Totally agree with all but your last paragraph. In the BP the police chief said he can see no reason to change the lead investigator. The fact the driver and the lead investigator happen to be old police academy classmates who are still very close friends is immaterial in his view. That close friendship won't affect the investigation one iota.

Of course this is the same police chief who can't see the need to strip a convicted criminal fugitive of his police rank and praises the exemplary Koh Tao investigation; even personally supervising DNA testing to clear one suspect "once and for all".

The current government crackdown on corruption must be like pissing in the wind. But at least they're trying. Hard when the police are as openly corrupt as here.

But, I didn't see previous government's even attempt it. The 3 Thaksin governments and Abhisit's did SFA about corruption; not even trying apart from the last who did a photo op for Yingluck and no actual actions.

Certainly is appalling, and the current governments efforts are a mere scratch on the surface.

Totally agree with all but your last paragraph. In the BP the police chief said he can see no reason to change the lead investigator. The fact the driver and the lead investigator happen to be old police academy classmates who are still very close friends is immaterial in his view. That close friendship won't affect the investigation one iota.

Of course this is the same police chief who can't see the need to strip a convicted criminal fugitive of his police rank and praises the exemplary Koh Tao investigation; even personally supervising DNA testing to clear one suspect "once and for all".

The current government crackdown on corruption must be like pissing in the wind. But at least they're trying. Hard when the police are as openly corrupt as here.

But, I didn't see previous government's even attempt it. The 3 Thaksin governments and Abhisit's did SFA about corruption; not even trying apart from the last who did a photo op for Yingluck and no actual actions.

Certainly is appalling, and the current governments efforts are a mere scratch on the surface.

It is the blatant nature of the corruption during the tenure, the koh tao case, Anna Reese, and this case especially are so glaringly bad it is almost laughable, except that people have died in horrendous circumstances and the authorities have not even tried to be creative when presenting what they deem to be the outcome of the investigations. Even a child could see that what they are shown are complete lies.

And then the BS with somyot's stock market trading and the submarine procurement, it is a total joke. The

Maybe am wrong, but when the pretense for the coup was reforming the laws and institutions. Have they even done anything apart from hang pongpat and manas out to dry. The inactive post thing also a joke but obviously not going to be binned as all crooked folks prefer that to unemployment and actual loss of face. This country is absolutely pathetic sometimes