Prayut: Stop blaming America for TIP report

webfact

His attitude is exactly right. That said, I have to say the report is more suspect than ever, since Malaysia, which is certainly no better than Thailand on human trafficking and may be somewhat worse, was moved up to Tier 2 only because Obama is desperate to get them to sign on to the Trans Pacific Partnership. Apparently the neocons in the State and Defense Departments are terrified that if they don't get Malaysia into some sort of formal agreement the Chinese will persuade them to close the Andaman Straits. The TPP is a terrible agreement for everybody except a few huge multinational corporations, but somehow those corporations have seized the entire American government apparatus.

Prayut should also consider "what it feels like for Thai people" to know that their nation has been placed in the same category as North Korea when it comes to absence of democracy.

Whereas they were in quiet a unique category before. No other country was governed by a non elected fugitive convicted criminal.

Prayut should also consider "what it feels like for Thai people" to know that their nation has been placed in the same category as North Korea when it comes to absence of democracy.

Absence of democracy?

From all reports NK gets 99.7% voter turnout...one of the highest in the world I believe.

This is the Reds dream.

Never mind about what happens after...democracy is all about the ability to have a vote.

Cheap shot. He didn't create this mess. He was handed it. As we know, Thais aren't going to do anything until they have to. Things like maintenance of their airline industry. All Prayuth can do is try and make the changes in the incompetence and corruption at every layer of Thai governance. It don't come easy.

I remain a strong supporter of General. I have seen nothing but positive movement in every aspect of Thailand since he took over. I remember where we were before he took over and never want to go back to that. Democracy is overated in a third world country. Thailand will get there soon enough. Once democracy is restored, the usual characters get their hands back into the till and everything reverts back to where we were before the coup. Prayuth isn't in there to enrich himself like every politician in Thailand.

I blame America for not realizing what Prayuth has done to this point. And I commend American for pointing out what still has to be done.

Too MUCH pinot I think. Pinot Noir Pinot blanc. OPEN YOUR EYES to news apart from that in Thialand. This government has made things worse and I never thought I would say that either.

Talk is CHEAP and by god he can talk. Action is something still being searched for in the cupboards

Whereas they were in quiet a unique category before. No other country was governed by a non elected fugitive convicted criminal.

Here we go again.A mindless reference to Thaksin in a thread where he has no relevance.I suppose these people can't help themselves.

Wow..fair play to him. My feeling on the PM is still on the fence but if he means that hats of to him. It's not easy in the Thai psyche

to be admitting this. Long may it continue. To be fair rightly or wrongly how he came into power he inherited a absolute mess which hasn't just happened and is ingrained in Thai society. If he keeps following up with positive action and most important sackings and prison sentences then I will take my hat of again to him

your not a Max Clifford fan by any chance,shouldn't you be on the KT murder forum