new ford ranger 2015

curtt

Son likes color, he's a Thai lad, daughter OK, wife wishes I'd contacted her first on color choice. The other colors are available in other Ranger's but Pride Orange is unique to WT.attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I've seen this colour also and like it more than the dull chili orange. How is the ride? Hard, soft? Good enough for the bumpy city roads?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not like the one the Kid called Goofie exept the color n red plate. That one had a chrome front with Wildtrac in big letter and Ghetto big wheels. That ain't at all Goofie as pictured.

Explains why I did not see "goofy" then I guess.

Some of those aftermarket grilles are hideous, Ford has done a great job with this one and I see no reason to be swapping it out.

So it’s been nearly 4 months since I sent my truck to Ford’s Sinakarin service center and I thought I should stop by and see how things are going since they won’t return my phones or emails. I found my truck spread out all over the floor and service bay with the windows down, if only had the radio been up.

I noticed the inside of my truck was covered with a thick layer of this oily dust so I took some pics, a lot of pics. I thought the world would want to see how well Ford takes care of your vehicle when you drop it off. It’s almost as good as the way they take care of their customers. I can’t wait to get my truck back now and take my 3 year old and 9 month for a ride in that dust. Maybe I should take my mother in-law as well, she only suffers from extreme asthma like most of my family.

My truck was less than 18 months old when I dropped it off and all the problems are covered by warranty and their 24 hour part guarantee. Hey it’s only 2,616+ hours so it’s close right? I think I could have fixed myself with 2,600+ hours and a few youtube videos.

Just a public service announcement for anyone looking forward to Ford’s service.

Anyone doubters, I will gladly make an appointment to meet at Ford Sinakarin to show in person the level of service they will give and all the paper work to prove its been nearly 4 months without a word despite over 20 phones calls and emails.

post-220438-0-60955000-1439553362_thumb.

So it’s been nearly 4 months since I sent my truck to Ford’s Sinakarin service center and I thought I should stop by and see how things are going since they won’t return my phones or emails. I found my truck spread out all over the floor and service bay with the windows down, if only had the radio been up.

I noticed the inside of my truck was covered with a thick layer of this oily dust so I took some pics, a lot of pics. I thought the world would want to see how well Ford takes care of your vehicle when you drop it off. It’s almost as good as the way they take care of their customers. I can’t wait to get my truck back now and take my 3 year old and 9 month for a ride in that dust. Maybe I should take my mother in-law as well, she only suffers from extreme asthma like most of my family.

My truck was less than 18 months old when I dropped it off and all the problems are covered by warranty and their 24 hour part guarantee. Hey it’s only 2,616+ hours so it’s close right? I think I could have fixed myself with 2,600+ hours and a few youtube videos.

Just a public service announcement for anyone looking forward to Ford’s service.

Anyone doubters, I will gladly make an appointment to meet at Ford Sinakarin to show in person the level of service they will give and all the paper work to prove its been nearly 4 months without a word despite over 20 phones calls and emails.

Why so long? gearbox/electricals/engine problems? Either way, that is far too long to be in a service center.

and depreciation faster than a falling brick

Depreciation varies by model, but for example a 2011/2012 3.2L Wildtrak sold for 1.1M and looked after ones still fetch > 800K now. That's no different depreciation to Toyota or Isuzu.

In the present climate that is quite good I think. On that basis I should get 700,000 on my very well looked after 3Ltr 2012 V-Cross ... I'd be happy at that...thanks was wondering what to ask for it

Depreciation varies by model, but for example a 2011/2012 3.2L Wildtrak sold for 1.1M and looked after ones still fetch > 800K now. That's no different depreciation to Toyota or Isuzu.

Asking price versus what they actually sell for are miles apart, you can sell a Toyota/Izusu very quickly for a good price, a Ford, forget it. Due to their crap service centres and extremely high spares cost.

Asking price versus what they actually sell for are miles apart, you can sell a Toyota/Izusu very quickly for a good price, a Ford, forget it. Due to their crap service centres and extremely high spares cost.

Just had a look at some recent dealer auction results - not lots of Ranger repo's, but last month a 2012 2.2L XLT Hi-Rider 4-door 6AT, 58,000 KM, TISCO finance repo, under the first car buyer scheme, sold for 502K Baht. That's a car that was 799K new, and will cost the dealer another ~83K Baht to get full title - so 585K Baht total... and he needs to sell that on at a profit, pay taxes etc. Even if he just on-sells it at cost recovery, that's still only 26.x% depreciation from new.

Edited by IMHO

I'll wait until the OP tells us a little more about what's wrong with the car first. For all we know, it could be one of these:

attachicon.gif11822363_977893252241434_5288905463672590282_n.jpg

biggrin.png

Source: http://community.headlightmag.com/index.php?topic=45801.0

Holy cow, 2 Wildtracks in a head on, that would something like a chance of 1 of of 10 mill, almost easier to win the jackpot in lotto.

Thankfully, it's not mine, I swear. biggrin.png

So IMHO, will the 2.2WT 4door hold its value as good as the 3.2?

Well I am not planning of selling it, I am very happy with it, but likely after 5 years, time to look for a new ride.

I'll wait until the OP tells us a little more about what's wrong with the car first. For all we know, it could be one of these:

biggrin.png

Holy cow, 2 Wildtracks in a head on, that would something like a chance of 1 of of 10 mill, almost easier to win the jackpot in lotto.

Well I am not planning of selling it, I am very happy with it, but likely after 5 years, time to look for a new ride.

The only thing I have to work on is dealer prices, and I cant see any recent sales of a Wildtrak 2.2L.. I would assume it'll have about the same depreciation as the other two examples I've posted, but it obviously varies depending on age, condition, mileage, and finding a buyer..

Okay then stick to Toyota or Izusu, up to you, but when a very car knowledgeable person like IMHO says they hold their value pretty good, I believe him.

So do you also work in the car industry or are you just a self proclaimed expert? We have quite a few here on the forumcheesy.gif so welcome to the club.wink.png

I had pretty good service at Ford Pattaya, no complaints so far.

I don't know what spare parts cost generally compared to the rest?

biggrin.png

The only thing I have to work on is dealer prices, and I cant see any recent sales of a Wildtrak 2.2L.. I would assume it'll have about the same depreciation as the other two examples I've posted, but it obviously varies depending on age, condition, mileage, and finding a buyer..

An orange double cab, 2.2L Wildtrak, went through the dealer auctions in June. Reserve price was 520K, winning bid was 600K. IIRC, that was 869K when new. That's 31% depreciation, but bear in mind this is a dealer price.

That's probably a good indication of what you can expect for a trade-in price, or selling to a tent. But OTOH, used, non-crashed, WT's are rare in the used car market - so all it takes to get a better price is to find a buyer...

Edited by IMHO

So the choice is either buy a boring, outdated POS like a Dullota which you might make a little more money on when you try to sell it in a few years time or buy a truck that you enjoy driving and are happy knowing it's the best available even though you might lose a little more than an inferior truck when you come to sell.

I know what I did.

A friend bought the Wildtrak, still has very low klms, but has two oil leaks from the motor and one from the gearbox.

So why hasn't he had it repaired? Wildtrak's weren't delivered until 2012, so most are still under factory warranty.. And it only costs a few thousand Baht to extend the basic 3 year/100K warranty to 5 years/150K.

Unless you're talking about the previous shape, which was a Mazda with Ford badges?

Edited by IMHO

A friend bought the Wildtrak, still has very low klms, but has two oil leaks from the motor and one from the gearbox.

So why hasn't he had it repaired? Wildtrak's weren't delivered until 2012, so most are still under factory warranty.. And it only costs a few thousand Baht to extend the basic 3 year/100K warranty to 5 years/150K.

Unless you're talking about the previous shape, which was a Mazda with Ford badges?

Didn't say he wasn't getting it repaired, the oil leaks have only shown up recently, but what new cars leak oil these days?

Edited by giddyup

Didn't say he wasn't getting it repaired, the oil leaks have only shown up recently, but what new cars leak oil these days?

One's that haven't been serviced properly? biggrin.png

My cousins Vigo is like that... I'm not sure how many services it's had, but it's not many. I make him park on the street (and my house has parking for 8 cars) wink.png

Edited by IMHO

One's that haven't been serviced properly? biggrin.png

My cousins Vigo is like that... I'm not sure how many services it's had, but it's not many. I make him park on the street (and my house has parking for 8 cars) wink.png

Not sure how bad servicing can cause oil leaks, unless an oil filter hasn't been tightened, or a sump plug. Doesn't explain a gearbox leak, what is done on a gearbox as part of servicing? Check fluid levels?

The customer always comes first.

Am I missing something ... there is a problem with Fords in Thailand?

Yes. The aftersales service and support provided by the Ford Dealerships.

I guess there's gonna be a lot of unhappy new ranger and everest owners out there..laugh.png Silly fools should have bought a boring toyota lol

Lots of comments about their poor service (as have all the other Thai based manufacturers), but Ford seem to get singled out as being the worst even if that's not the case. I think many Ford bashers are just a little envious that their cars top virtually every class they have a product in in Thailand.

Lots of comments about their poor service (as have all the other Thai based manufacturers), but Ford seem to get singled out as being the worst even if that's not the case. I think many Ford bashers are just a little envious that their cars top virtually every class they have a product in in Thailand.

You are very correct sir,

This forum always had a lot of Ford bashers, hell some have even called me stupid because I choose a Ford truck.

Ford have really managed turn the ship around and make some vehicles people wants and also the Ecoboost engine was/is a very smart thing to develop from them.

The new Everest is among the top 2-3 new Thai made SUV's.

The F-series Ford truck in the US is a best seller for a while now, they sells like hot cakes over there.

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2015/06/sa-pickup-truck-sales-figures-may-2015-ytd.html

I will not hesitate to buy a Ford again when the time come to sell my Ranger and I normally keep my 4 wheelers for min 5 years so the price drop have leveled somewhat out.

I normally buys what I like and also check on-line tests and make a decision based on a mix of the two, if you want good re-sale in Thailand, you will have to stick with Toyota and I am not willing to do that.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Toyota but if they don't make any vehicles I like, I don't buy them, period.