new ford ranger 2015

curtt

The customer always comes first.

Am I missing something ... there is a problem with Fords in Thailand?

Keep up at the back, they have an absolutely appalling track record here, do not touch with a barge pole!

Woops ... I recently bought a Fiesta and am waiting delivery of an EV ... will you pray for me please ...............

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new Everest is among the top 2-3 new Thai made SUV's.

Hmmmm.

Thai made SUV's consist of the Fortuner, Pajero Sports, MUX and Everest......

Good to hear the Everest made the top 2-3 of that list.

Bwahahahahaha.

Edited by Don Mega

Hmmmm.

Bwahahahahaha.

Will it make you happier if I said 1 or 2? I guess the battle for top spot is between Pajero and Everest, the rest are left behind.

Hmmmm.

Bwahahahahaha.

Will it make you happier if I said 1 or 2? I guess the battle for top spot is between Pajero and Everest, the rest are left behind.

Interesting you think the battle for the top spot is with 2 vehicles that are not readily available to the public.

Ok the Mux we can dismiss but that speaks volumes about the Fortuner.

Interesting you think the battle for the top spot is with 2 vehicles that are not readily available to the public.

Well tests of the Everest keeps coming up on-line and furthermore IMHO made a list where he puts all the bells and whistles together in a comparison chart for the local made SUV's and it don't take a rocket scientist to make conclusions.

Well this is Ranger 2015 topic so perhaps we should go back to that, eh.

Lovely color on the new WT, I like it man but my wife don't.

Edited by guzzi850m2

Hmmmm.

Bwahahahahaha.

The Fortuner is the usual Toyota pig in lipstick. Doesn't come close to the Everest and neither do any of the other products made here.

According to the Sinakarin service the only problem was with the turbo charger. There wasn't any accidents or crazy driving. The problem occurred right after I dropped my 4 year old son off at school. There was a loud bang and a lot of smoke, the truck coasted to a full stop and than I called road side assistance. They took the truck to Ford Sinakarin, I left it there and they called me 3 days later to tell me it was the turbo and the part would be replaced in 2 weeks. About 1 month into this Ford Sinakarin called me to tell me they couldn't fix my truck and didn't know what was wrong with it. They gave me a entry level Toyota Vios and now they will not return my calls or emails. I have even contacted Ford Thailand and they also refuse to get in touch with me. I reported to posting on Ford Thailand's Facebook page but the no longer allow for public posting on their wall. Basically I paid 1,100,000 THB for a second hand Toyota Vios. Beware!

I went to Ford today and made a video to show my truck is still there. You can search for "My Trip to the Ford Service Center" or go to the link below.

One's that haven't been serviced properly? biggrin.png

My cousins Vigo is like that... I'm not sure how many services it's had, but it's not many. I make him park on the street (and my house has parking for 8 cars) wink.png

Not sure how bad servicing can cause oil leaks, unless an oil filter hasn't been tightened, or a sump plug. Doesn't explain a gearbox leak, what is done on a gearbox as part of servicing? Check fluid levels?

Not saying bad servicing, saying lack of servicing smile.png

According to the Sinakarin service the only problem was with the turbo charger. There wasn't any accidents or crazy driving. The problem occurred right after I dropped my 4 year old son off at school. There was a loud bang and a lot of smoke, the truck coasted to a full stop and than I called road side assistance. They took the truck to Ford Sinakarin, I left it there and they called me 3 days later to tell me it was the turbo and the part would be replaced in 2 weeks. About 1 month into this Ford Sinakarin called me to tell me they couldn't fix my truck and didn't know what was wrong with it. They gave me a entry level Toyota Vios and now they will not return my calls or emails. I have even contacted Ford Thailand and they also refuse to get in touch with me. I reported to posting on Ford Thailand's Facebook page but the no longer allow for public posting on their wall. Basically I paid 1,100,000 THB for a second hand Toyota Vios. Beware!

I went to Ford today and made a video to show my truck is still there. You can search for "My Trip to the Ford

Interesting video.. not sure where the 'accusations' you refer to have been coming from, but it's not here ;)

I find it interesting that they supplied you with a rental car - the only other brands I've heard of that supply loan vehicles in TH are BMW and Benz. There's no way the dealer is paying for that out of the goodness of their hearts - Ford HO have approved the expense - so what does HO have to say about your case?

Wait until the Aussie comparison reviews come though in October... Then what you'll read is them all agreeing the Everest it is a daylight first against the Fortuner, PJS, MU-X and Trailblazer, but the other thing they'll also agree on though is that it's a hard price to swallow - based on currency and model price conversions, Aussies have to pay the equivalent of around 2.1-2.2M Baht for the 1.6M Baht Titanium+

Edited by IMHO

4 months in the service centre ! Ford 3.2 Ranger, I thought Ford were supposed to have got their act together in Thailand, obviously not,

Head Office not responding to emails is incredible, thanks for putting the video up, I really like the look and spec of the new Fords, especially the new Everest, and I've been tempted to place an order, I'm over it now, whatever was I thinking ?

I'll be sticking with my boring inferior Tuna for now, it Just Works. Surprised the replacement car they gave you was a Toyota and not a Ford, but at least it won't be breaking down.

My cousins Vigo is like that... I'm not sure how many services it's had, but it's not many. I make him park on the street (and my house has parking for 8 cars) wink.png

Not sure how bad servicing can cause oil leaks, unless an oil filter hasn't been tightened, or a sump plug. Doesn't explain a gearbox leak, what is done on a gearbox as part of servicing? Check fluid levels?

So, how does lack of servicing cause oil leaks from engine and gearbox?

Edited by giddyup

So, how does lack of servicing cause oil leaks from engine and gearbox?

A mechanic can tell you - I'm a cause and effect guy :)

I didnt really make any accusation, only stated a fact that my truck has been at the Ford Sinakarin service center since April 21st 2015. The point of the video is to show that I am an actual owner of a Ford vehicle and not a shill working for a Ford competitor.

As for Ford HO, I dont know what they have to say about it. Ford HO will not reply to the more than 20 emails and voice message I have left over the past 3 months. I have two numbers one that I got from the "contact us" page on Ford Thailands website and one I was given by Ford Sinakarin. If you press 2 to continue in English you wait on hold for a few minutes and are than forced to leave a voice message and wait for a call back. I have been waiting 3 months. If you continue in Thai sometimes someone will answer but they always tell me that they will investigate the matter and call me back but again I never get a call back.

As for the loaner car ALL brands are required by law to provide one for extended maintence. This can be read on the Thai Consumer Protection agencies website. I also had a BMW 320D and when I needed any service for it they gave a BMW 320D not a Toyota Vios. I sold the BMW because I needed more space for a second child but the BMW had more room than this Vios. My wife drives a Harrier and the grey market dealer she bought it from says they would also provide a loaner and Honda has provided her mother with a loaner for her CRV which was a CRV. The loaner is a not a sign of good customer service its a standard practice.

Bottom line I bought a Ford Ranger 3.2 Wiltrak in Oct 2013 and in April 21st 2015 Ford forced me to trade it in for a used Toyota Vios and to this hasn't told if or when I will be able to trade it back.

A mechanic can tell you - I'm a cause and effect guy smile.png

Ahh! The old "a mechanic can tell you" escape clause. Comes in handy when you really don't know what you are talking about.biggrin.png

OK, please enlighten me what the effects of not changing oil are. I'm pretty sure they're in the 'catastrophic' category. I have already given a case study - unless you think it's normal for all Vigo's to leak oil? :P

A mechanic can tell you - I'm a cause and effect guy smile.png

Ahh! The old "a mechanic can tell you" escape clause. Comes in handy when you really don't know what you are talking about.biggrin.png

OK, please enlighten me what the effects of not changing oil are. I'm pretty sure they're in the 'catastrophic' category. I have already given a case study - unless you think it's normal for all Vigo's to leak oil? tongue.png

It was actually a Wildtrak, and as the car was less than 12 months old with very low K's, I doubt failure to change the oil (which didn't happen) would have caused an oil leak, two from the motor, one from gearbox.

Edited by giddyup

Have you considered putting in a personal appearance at Ford Thailand's head office in Bangkok and waiting in reception until someone will see you?

I have a career and why should I need to do this? I would rather pay some lawyers and go through a long, very public legal battle so the world can see what Ford Tough really means.

I was hoping Ford had finally got it together in Thailand, as I really rated The New Everest on spec alone and that there was finally a competitor to The (boring and inferior) Fortuner, but alas, it seems like the same old Ford reliability, service and parts problems that have put me off them before will put me off now too.

What a shame, hope you get your truck back soon, I'd be creating hell for Ford if it was me, I'd have done what Bubba suggests, and kept on doing it, I think they would have given me a New Truck to avoid the adverse publicity, stories like this costs Ford sales, I was sorely tempted by The Everest, this story has smacked some sense into me, good luck.

Posted before your post, you have a Career so of course it's not possible for you to protest at Ford HO, good luck anyway.

Edited by Broken Record

Have you considered putting in a personal appearance at Ford Thailand's head office in Bangkok and waiting in reception until someone will see you?

I have a career and why should I need to do this? I would rather pay some lawyers and go through a long, very public legal battle so the world can see what Ford Tough really means.

I agree, you shouldn't have to have your case escalated just to receive baseline service - especially under warranty, and as you attest, without driver abuse or an accident being a factor.

As one poster noted in one of the other/many threads you've posted your video in, kudos to Ford for giving you a loaner - no other Jap or Amercian brand I know of would do this.

One thing that I do wonder about is why you haven't put the windows up yourself - from your video, the battery is connected, and you obviously also have the keys? Are you leaving them down so you can continue to track just how much dust a parked and open car can collect, or are the electric windows faulty too? tongue.png

Edited by IMHO

I agree, you shouldn't have to have your case escalated just to receive baseline service - especially under warranty, and as you attest, without driver abuse or an accident being a factor.

As one poster noted in one of the other/many threads you've posted your video in, kudos to Ford for giving you a loaner - no other Jap or Amercian brand I know of would do this.

One thing that I do wonder about is why you haven't put the windows up yourself - from your video, the battery is connected, and you obviously also have the keys? Are you leaving them down so you can continue to track just how much dust a parked and open car can collect, or are the electric windows faulty too? tongue.png

I rolled them up in the past but they keep rolling them down. The day before I shot the video I went to Ford and saw that only one window was down but in the video there are at least two down.

The real questions: Why didn't I just buy the ugly boring Toyota in the first place.

I rolled them up in the past but they keep rolling them down. The day before I shot the video I went to Ford and saw that only one window was down but in the video there are at least two down.

The real questions: Why didn't I just buy the ugly boring Toyota in the first place.

I hear you... I had a Chev go into the service bay at 3 months old, and it didn't come out until after it's first birthday. Long story, but in the end they had to change pistons and the whole head - for what began as only a mis-diagnosed crank angle sensor fault. Did it burn me? You bet. Never buying a Chev again. That said, for every person I've told the story too, there's thousand stories of couldn't-be-happier-owners too. Lucky them.

At least Ford are giving you a loaner - I got nothing out of Chev except an eventually fixed car, and the final courtesy of a broken tail lamp as they crashed it into another car when bringing it out of the service bay after 9 months.

I could also tell you the story of my 2006 Fortuner, which while on an upcountry trip, fell due for routine servicing. What should have been a couple of hours out of my day, turned into 6 weeks in the bay, because they reversed it into a truck, at speed, when bringing it out. That one was super convenient, as the dealership was ~500KM from home. Forget about a loaner, or even transport to and fro - these guys even wanted me to claim the damage on my own insurance(!). And I could go on... that particular car ended up back in the bay 4 times for faulty front brakes, until finally Toyota came out with a "special service campaign" (recall) to replace them in 2008.

I replaced that Fortuner with a PJS in 2010, which to this day, and 170,000KM later has only ever had a single fault - a dead front AC blower fan - which luckily for me happened just 2 weeks outside of the 5 year warranty.. but only cost 1200 Baht. I was going to trade it in on the Everest, but now I'm just going to keep it, along with the new Everest, JIC wink.png

Edited by IMHO

At least that suggests something is happening. That's much better than visiting your car every week and not seeing as much as a finger mark in the dust around the door handles (like my chev).

Just a suggestion. I have a career as well, but I would also squeeze out a few hours away from the office to try and get this sorted had I reached your level of frustration. If you would rather pay lawyers and drag it out for months in a vendetta to "show the world" that is certainly your prerogative but I doubt the world will notice or care.

As an aside, we have turned out to be a two Ford family. Yes, I admit it - one Focus and one Fiesta. Found them to be much better value for money than comparable and boring Toyotas. Never had anything serious go wrong but service at our dealer (Phaholyothin) has been totally responsive and competent.

At least that suggests something is happening. That's much better than visiting your car every week and not seeing as much as a finger mark in the dust around the door handles (like my chev).

The Mechanic probably put the widows down as it gets too hot when he's sleeping on the back seat during his lunch break. biggrin.png

Edited by Broken Record

Yes, ford is best of the best! I went into see the new ford ranger with my son and there was not a soul in sight not even the gaurd was there. We went in and looked at the truck, looked under the hood, inspected the drive train, sat inside, started the engine and then left... Didn’t notice anybody sleeping in the back seat. Maybe they were in the all new ford Focus..cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Just a suggestion. I have a career as well, but I would also squeeze out a few hours away from the office to try and get this sorted had I reached your level of frustration. If you would rather pay lawyers and drag it out for months in a vendetta to "show the world" that is certainly your prerogative but I doubt the world will notice or care.

As an aside, we have turned out to be a two Ford family. Yes, I admit it - one Focus and one Fiesta. Found them to be much better value for money than comparable and boring Toyotas. Never had anything serious go wrong but service at our dealer (Phaholyothin) has been totally responsive and competent.

It seems you are a Ford apologist and/or don’t even live in Thailand. In an ideal world Ford would simply reply to my emails/phone calls but that is just a fairytale much like the idea of being able to drive from anywhere near Sinakarin road to Ford’s HO on Sarthon road in just a few hours during Ford’s business hours. That doesn’t even take into account getting out of the car and actually dealing with ford. Not to mention why should I have to do this? Is that acceptable customer service to you? Your standards are that low?

This isn’t about a “vendetta”, I am not naive: I realize I have nothing to gain from this. No matter how I handle this Ford will just take their time and do as they please and offer me nothing to resolve the issue. This is more of a public service announcement and judging by the number of personal messages I am getting, some people do appreciate it. Oh and by the way, you care. If you didn’t you wouldn’t keep posting replies.

I have to thank you as well, you have inspired me. I will take a day off work (a day I could spend with family on holiday) and I will go to Ford’s HO. I will also record the entire thing and post it on YouTube. What better way to show Ford’s service than by going to their head office and being completely ignored or thrown out.

I hope you have better luck with your cars, I hope you have the kind of luck I had with my previous Ford. A Ford Explorer I bought in 2002 and it ran like a champ until 2010 when I sold it and moved to Thailand. Of course that was in America so perhaps that had something to do with the different experience. Actually when I posted on Ford Thailand’s Facebook page Ford USA sent me a message and tried to help me but ultimately told me there was nothing they could do on their end.

I had gone back to Ford Pinklao a couple times after getting my 2015 3.2 Ford Wildtrak top model. Soon following my purchase, they put another Orange 4X4, 4 dr on display like mine. I think they sold it, then the main display spot was empty and the Blue Fiesta on promo was gone too.

Last week when I stopped off to give them registration paperwork, they had brought in a White Wildtrak Highrider but it was the 2.2.

When I drove to a noodle soup stand last week one of the Thai vendors had one WT in 2.2 White and threy liked it.

I am thinking Ford is having a good sales run and are selling pretty good right now.

I guess I'll think different if I end up with with a blown motor, but driving the 3.2 WT, I can compare it to the 3.8 Pajero LWB gas engine, (not Thai spec) and there is no comparison powerwise, the 3.2 diesel just has so much more power on the road.

Edited by BigA