small forearm problem, how to speed up recovery

h90

Stop playing with urself.

Thank goodness it was his arm that he hurt and not what he was playing with.

A teared .......I don't want to even think about that......I am happy it is my forearm that hurts and not the other bodypart.....

Didn't you know using having weights while doing it makes huge biceps because of the extra hormons gigglem.gif

The new Wank-Fit trainingwhistling.gif

I am intrigued. Is it a small forearm, problem or a small, forearm problem? blink.png The post title does not make this clear.

Now, before anyone berates my lateral thinking, I am short and compared to a tall person I would have a short forearm? gigglem.gif

I'm not a native English speaker. I am also a short person....but I have long forearms gigglem.gif A bit Orang Utan like....But good if you need to scratch yourself

Might be a daft question - or it might not. And we're talking stable door this time. But do you warm up sufficiently - or at all - pre-exercise, and stretch post-exercise?

yes I do good warm up, and this exercise was the last one, so even without warm up I would have been warm up at it.

I do not stretch....not at all. All my joints (exclude neck) are a bit loose and have the full range of motion (or even more...both elbows and knees I can move far beyond 180 degree but never do so with weight). So I never saw a reason to do stretching.

But one issue is that I have week muscles on forearm....always had and lacking behind on the over all development in my training.

From the picture it hurts where Extensor Digitorum goes from muscle into tendom. And there is one small "cable" that hurts when I press it, but as so much comes together there I am not sure at all.

I can't really tell exactly which movement is the problem. but when I grap something (right hand) and try to rotate it clockwise it hurts but it depends on wide of grap and other angles.

I did Upright Barbell Rows with lots of wheight when it happened and can't do that exercise at the moment (Anyway I am 3 weeks in Farangland at the moment so no exercise)

Massaging can be helpful...yes it can.

I have had a "pinched nerve" and or what would be described as muscle contraction or muscle tension deep inside my shoulder joint area and or running from the base of my skull to my shoulder......that nerve line and or the related muscles along that line...so to speak......several l times.

So...I went to the massage shop and I get the masseuse to specifically work on that particular area while really working the painful point that is aching or hurting and problematic.....using their fingers or thumb or ..their elbow....which really works great and commonly better than say the fingers or thumbs while working the point as hard as you can tolerate...because it hurts...but a sort of good hurt..... while you can feel the masseuse "Hit The Spot" .....so to speak.

You may think that you are making the problem worse or could make the problem worse while in some cases you may ...so after the first massage if you are hurting even more and the pain is growing worse you may want to go see a doctor...but in my experience, several times ...I tolerated the initial discomfort and low and behold after the 2 or 3rd time ( even 5 times ) the painful point was gone and I was back to normal.

The questions always are and always will be:

Could the massage make matters worse, considering exactly what you are actually doing to a sore or damaged area because when you think about it you could be making matters worse while bruising and damaging the sensitive and already painful area even more so than the origins of the injury.

The other question is: Would the problem have gone away on its own in the same amount of time relative to the several massages that you received and that amount of time involved...say over a 5 day to 10 day period...or when ever you get around to another massage...unless you have the time to go everyday and within the 2nd or 3rd time you will more or less know if the massage is working or not working.... or ...possibly making matters worse.

Another thing you can do on your own is continually stretching the area where the pain is located while surprisingly, stretching of the back muscles can and will help another area or the area that is giving you the problem.

I hope this helps

Cheers

I am intrigued. Is it a small forearm, problem or a small, forearm problem? blink.png The post title does not make this clear.

Now, before anyone berates my lateral thinking, I am short and compared to a tall person I would have a short forearm? gigglem.gif

I'm not a native English speaker. I am also a short person....but I have long forearms gigglem.gif A bit Orang Utan like....But good if you need to scratch yourself

Your English is good. Probably we would say 'small problem with my forearm" or "minor problem....".

Your English is good. Probably we would say 'small problem with my forearm" or "minor problem....".

Yup...if a lady ever refers to my nongchai as 'small', I correct her & tell it's 'minor'. Makes me feel better anyway. cheesy.gif

if there is no fracture, or serious tear, NO there isn't much to make it heal faster, you CAN make it heal slower, by Trying to make it heal faster, meanwhile RICE.

might wanna look at your ergonomics, if you are on a computer a lot, fwiw, and hopefully it is not your dominant arm ?

massage can cause http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/sport-injuries/thigh-pain/myositis-ossificans , in general.

where exactly, what is your age, etc

Don't massage. Just keep resting it (i.e. avoiding whatever movements cause the pain, otherwise can use the arm as normal -- but no heavy woirkouts).

If there is a tear in the tendon, it will take time to heal. Basic measures such as enough sleep and a healthy diet will help, but basically it is tincture of time.

Edited by chubby