Uruguayan applying for thai visa, 0 idea of where to start

Hey there,

Im a 24yo uruguayan thats arriving to Hong Kong this Nov 20.

My plan is to go to Thailand a couple of days after and settle down on Pattaya to work for as long as possible wo inflicting any law or visa requirement.

Could you help me (or point me to some articles/websites that can) on what should I do in order to apply for my visa?

I read some posts on here but I get more and more confused w each one and im uncertain on how to even start. Hope this post is not redundant or 'a repost' somehow.

Thanks in advance!

RB

The first and most crucial point is that, if you are going to work legally, you will need a work permit. To qualify for a work permit, conditions and limitations laid out in the Alien Employment Act must be satisfied. Briefly, first you need a job offer. Based on this, you apply for a non immigrant visa. Then you apply for the work permit. A Google search for "Thailand work permit" will yield a number of links with further information. If, as I suspect, you intend to look for a job on arrival, come initially with a tourist visa.

Unfortunately it seems to be quite the opposite.

Uruguayan citizens need a visa (!) for entering Thailand.

Its on no list of visa exempt and not on the list of South American countries with 90 day exempt.

If you are in Uruguay, try to contact this consulate general:

http://www.embassypages.com/missions/embassy19874/

Hard to believe:

Thailand in Uruguay: Thailand's consulate general in Montevideo is the only Thai representation in Uruguay.

No embassy in Montevideo?

http://www.doyouneedvisa.com/visa/Uruguay/Thailand

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requirements_for_Uruguayan_citizens

The visa will not be the hurdle, but finding a legal job.

Thailand is very restrictive with the employment of foreigners.

Edited by KhunBENQ

You will need to get a tourist visa to enter the country,

There is a honorary Thai consulate in Montevideo where you should be able to apply for it

Uruguay Ellauri 1249, Montevido Mr. Alberto O. Perciavalle Tel (005982) 775779, 775780
[email protected]

If not you can get at the embassy in Buenos Aires, http://www.thaiembargen.org/contactos.php

You will need to get a tourist visa to enter the country,

There is a honorary Thai consulate in Montevideo where you should be able to apply for it

Uruguay Ellauri 1249, Montevido Mr. Alberto O. Perciavalle Tel (005982) 775779, 775780

[email protected]

If not you can get at the embassy in Buenos Aires, http://www.thaiembargen.org/contactos.php

That's copied and pasted from your link,Joe.:

Consulado General Honorario de Thailandia en Montevideo

Dirección: Luis Alberto de Herrera 1248, World Trade Center-Torre 3 Oficina 370

Montevideo, Uruguay

Tel./Fax: (598-2) 628-1881

E-mail: [email protected]

As another poster has already mentioned, getting a ( tourist) visa isn't the problem.

But finding employment in Pattaya? Settle down in Pattaya as a 24 year old Uruguayan? De nada.

Edited by lostinisaan

Thanks a lot for your answers

Forgott to tell you that im actually a freelance worker so definatley what I need is a tourist visa.

What id love to know is the steps needed to get one, to keep extending it and how many times can I do that until is no longer possible.

Thanks a lot again.

Thanks a lot for your answers

Forgott to tell you that im actually a freelance worker so definatley what I need is a tourist visa.

What id love to know is the steps needed to get one, to keep extending it and how many times can I do that until is no longer possible.

First of all it would be better that you avoid saying (here or any other place) that you want to work as freelancer in Thailand while on a tourist visa. Doing that will only attract people telling you that you will need a non-imm 'B' visa, a work permit and pay taxes, but in practice you can't do neither of these three things.

Then. you can extend each of your tourist visa entries once, for 30 days at any immigration office, cost is Bt 1,900. You will need to check with the Thai embassy in Montevideo if they will issue single, double or triple entry, and please report here.

After your original visa has been completely used you can travel to Laos (many, many threads about that) and obtain again a double entry tourist visa. Cost is bt 2,000, plus Laos Visa about USD35. These two entries can also be extended 30 days each, as explained above. There is no firm limit to the number of times you can do this if you prepare and present your application correctly.

Edited by paz

Thanks a lot paz, thats exactly what Ive been looking for.

Let me see if I get this straight, but if they give me a single entry visa here I have to do the visa run once per month wether if they give me a -say- triple entry visa I have to do the run once every three months?

Also, the visa run HAS to be to Laos or can it be to a different destination?

Finally, can I get my visa right now and will begin to count once I get to Thailand or starts counting once they approve it and I have to wait closer to departure date to apply for it?

Thanks again

Thanks a lot paz, thats exactly what Ive been looking for.

Let me see if I get this straight, but if they give me a single entry visa here I have to do the visa run once per month wether if they give me a -say- triple entry visa I have to do the run once every three months?

Also, the visa run HAS to be to Laos or can it be to a different destination?

Finally, can I get my visa right now and will begin to count once I get to Thailand or starts counting once they approve it and I have to wait closer to departure date to apply for it?

Thanks again

The border hops (re-entry) while have to be done every 90 days. You can go anywhere, but from Pattaya most people goes to Cambodia. Others like to Fly to Malaysia which is visa exempt for most countries, including Uruguay.

The allowed days counting start the the day you enter Thailand. There is also a last valid date to enter (not to stay) which is be stamped on your visa when issued. If you can get a triple entry visa in Montevideo you will need this date to be 6 months after date of issuance, so ask explicitly. For this reason in case of double and triple entry it is better to apply a the last useful time. For single entry it doesn't really matter.

Great, thanks a lot for all the explanations.

Ill contact the consulate here and will report what do they tell me. Also will ask any further questions itt if you dont mind.

Thanks for your kind assistance one more time!