Speeding tickets Pattaya to BKK and back.

bellabenji

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone driving on Motorway 7 To Swampy for instance, if you look closely at the large lampposts in the middle of the motorway you will see that the bottom of the post is very big,and the covers are removed, and you will see cameras inside,pointing straight at your vehicle, depends on which way you are travelling it does not matter because they get your speed, and on very busy days you will see the Highway Police at the Toll booths once you have paid they stop you show you the picture, then you have to pay.

Anyone driving on Motorway 7 To Swampy for instance, if you look closely at the large lampposts in the middle of the motorway you will see that the bottom of the post is very big,and the covers are removed, and you will see cameras inside,pointing straight at your vehicle, depends on which way you are travelling it does not matter because they get your speed, and on very busy days you will see the Highway Police at the Toll booths once you have paid they stop you show you the picture, then you have to pay.

Edited by whiteelephant

do you have an actual proof of this? Or was this observed at 120kmh?

This week I noticed new cameras in the median around KM53 pointing at both outbound and inbound traffic, these are very low, at your eye level, I don't know if these are speed camera or the ones that take your picture and put the picture of your car up on the LED board on the gantry, I had a photo of my car's windshield and roof up (my license plate was out of frame, maybe I'm going too fast for the camera?) on the board a couple of time about Monday-Tuesday,

went in to Bangkok on Friday and just came back today... no more car photo on the LED boards, back to normal announcements

Also noticed the LED boards have CCTV camera down below in the median pointing at them, presumably for the operators to see if they are functioning

Thanking all the people who contributed to this post in a positive manner. The post was asking help with knowledge in driving from Pattaya to Bangkok and back.

It was a driver to driver posting. Help was asked in how to avoid speeding tickets from point A to point B.

Those people got it! The people who were critical about speeding, off subject, and theorists. They just didn't get it!

The Thaivisa is here for expats to help each other out in a foreign country, is it not?

Yes. And speaking as a frequent driver in Thailand, my PRIMARY advice when asked how to avoid speeding tickets in any country is slow down.

Get it yet?

This week I noticed new cameras in the median around KM53 pointing at both outbound and inbound traffic, these are very low, at your eye level, I don't know if these are speed camera or the ones that take your picture and put the picture of your car up on the LED board on the gantry, I had a photo of my car's windshield and roof up (my license plate was out of frame, maybe I'm going too fast for the camera?) on the board a couple of time about Monday-Tuesday,

went in to Bangkok on Friday and just came back today... no more car photo on the LED boards, back to normal announcements

Also noticed the LED boards have CCTV camera down below in the median pointing at them, presumably for the operators to see if they are functioning

Yes, I noticed those LED panels over the fast lane changing from some government or police logo to a picture of the front of a car. First noticed it on a night drive so it only showed headlights and then a few days later on a day drive. I am not sure what triggers the camera as I can't say I saw my front-end on the big screen but I tend to slip over to the third and even the second lane when there's plenty space and leave the 4th lane solely to the tailgating speed demons.

Thanking all the people who contributed to this post in a positive manner. The post was asking help with knowledge in driving from Pattaya to Bangkok and back.

It was a driver to driver posting. Help was asked in how to avoid speeding tickets from point A to point B.

Those people got it! The people who were critical about speeding, off subject, and theorists. They just didn't get it!

The Thaivisa is here for expats to help each other out in a foreign country, is it not?

Yes. And speaking as a frequent driver in Thailand, my PRIMARY advice when asked how to avoid speeding tickets in any country is slow down.

Get it yet?

Thank you for your profound advice. I had no idea that slowing down would help one to avoid tickets. So glad there are people like you on TV to help us out.

Its people like you that make reading Thai Visa so enjoyable. What would we do without the Mr obvious people of the world like you?

Edit: Sorry I called you Mr. obvious. After thinking about it, I realized that a man would never make such a comment about slowing down to avoid tickets. Clearly you must be a woman, My apologies.

Edited by 1BADDAT

Why don't you just stick to the limit?? Have you seen the results of speeding drivers. Bits of bodys everywhere. 120 or 130 or 140. first set of lights you get to and they catch you up anyway. GO to spain and speed. 500 euros 1KMH over the limit. In France they take your car away now if you are excessive. They just sold of a few sports cars in auctions they had taken., Inc lambo's etc

Why don't you just stick to the limit?? Have you seen the results of speeding drivers. Bits of bodys everywhere. 120 or 130 or 140. first set of lights you get to and they catch you up anyway. GO to spain and speed. 500 euros 1KMH over the limit. In France they take your car away now if you are excessive. They just sold of a few sports cars in auctions they had taken., Inc lambo's etc

In case you had not noticed this is not Spain or France......

Since you appear not to have read the thread I will recap that in many cases people are not referring to excessive speed. 130 on highway 7 (limit of a French toll road if I remember correctly) which is 120 limit gets you a fine here.

If you want to compare here to Europe one issue is that on many roads the limit here is unclear which is not the case in most of Europe.

Get it yet?

Thank you for your profound advice. I had no idea that slowing down would help one to avoid tickets. So glad there are people like you on TV to help us out.

Its people like you that make reading Thai Visa so enjoyable. What would we do without the Mr obvious people of the world like you?

Edit: Sorry I called you Mr. obvious. After thinking about it, I realized that a man would never make such a comment about slowing down to avoid tickets. Clearly you must be a woman, My apologies.

And who rattled your cage? I was responding to a post by someone who apparently can't correlate driving beyond the published and signposted speed limit with the higher risk of getting a speeding ticket.

Edit: Admit it, you didn't really think this through before posting.

Get it yet?

And who rattled your cage? I was responding to a post by someone who apparently can't correlate driving beyond the published and signposted speed limit with the higher risk of getting a speeding ticket.

Edit: Admit it, you didn't really think this through before posting.

I through my post before I sent it. I responded to your post because I shared the same sentiment as marmaduke. He stated very clearly that he did not need any responses like yours, but you chose to respond directly to his post doing exactly the opposite of what he asked. I am quite sure he can understand the basic concept you presented.

I am so sick of reading threads where over half the content is off topic or not useful at all. Your posts on this thread have done nothing to contribute to what the OP posted. Anyone with a license or even remotely familiar with driving knows that the best way to avoid a speeding ticket while driving is to slow down.