Are the other thai cities as advanced as bkk?

Howitzer

You know take the US for example. The capital city is washington DC but they have NYC in the east and LA in the west and both these cities stand head to head with each other. Same with probably Chicago and Las Vegas and other major US cities.

Next you know in China Beijing is the capital but the other cities like Shanghai for example are on par with it.

Is this the case with thailand too where say korat can match BKK in terms of buildings and infrastructure etc.

]Bangkok is the only westernized "super city" in Thailand that I know of.

No sky scrapers and the like in Korat...

But things like Malls up the ying- yang.

post-147745-0-20394700-1438560868_thumb.post-147745-0-06052400-1438560910_thumb.

I don't think I need to label the cities.

The difference is obvious.

Edited by willyumiii

You have to remember that Thailand is much smaller in land mass - and population than USA or China - in very few countries are there major cities that match up to the capital… London, Paris, Tokyo… or look at Singapore - not much land, you can barely tell the city from the country...

It's long been a bone of contention by those living outside Bangkok that everything is concentrated there whilst the rest of the Country is left to rot. It's slowly changing though, and in a hundred years time Bangkok will probably be under water.

No.

Thailand is an extremely centralised country with no useful development policy for the rest of the country.

All functions/headquarters etc. pp. in one overcrowded place.

Financials, company headquarters, guess some 9x % in Bangkok.

Maybe we see a change within 20 years or so, if all the development plans come true (just dreaming).

You have to remember that Thailand is much smaller in land mass - and population than USA or China - in very few countries are there major cities that match up to the capital… London, Paris, Tokyo… or look at Singapore - not much land, you can barely tell the city from the country...

What are you talking about?

Thailand has an area about the same size as California except Thailand's population is almost double that of California.

However, California has a number of large cities with skyscrapers - San Diego, San Francisco, Sacremento, LA.

Thailand only has one. The reason is obvious. The urbanization rate in Thailand is much much less than California/USA. This mean most Thais live in rural areas not in cities.

But whoever said Bangkok was advanced? Compared to where, Dhaka?

my title thread i was making a comparison are they as advanced as the other area it certainly doesn't mean i mean bkk is advanced. You know it's english language like say 3 people are from 1.2 to 1.5m then you would ask is person A as TALL as person C even though the max height between them is only 1.5m.

Anywhere is advanced compared to dhaka but comeon bkk and dhaka are like heaven and hell literally.

Thais enjoy bragging that their's is a country never subjected to being a foreign powers' colony. But examine that pride a bit further - the entire country was colonized by BKK for centuries. I would suggest that colonization plays a large - and continuing - role in BKK's place as the "hub" of Thailand.

Thailand is an extremely centralised country with no useful development policy for the rest of the country.

Maybe we see a change within 20 years or so, if all the development plans come true (just dreaming).

Under the present circumstances, a CEO, would find it very difficult to convince his shareholders,

to make new / further investments in Thailand.

Bangkok , is sinking . and so is the Thai economy .

The best years have gone for LOS.wai2.gif

Edited by elliss

my title thread i was making a comparison are they as advanced as the other area it certainly doesn't mean i mean bkk is advanced. You know it's english language like say 3 people are from 1.2 to 1.5m then you would ask is person A as TALL as person C even though the max height between them is only 1.5m.

Anywhere is advanced compared to dhaka but comeon bkk and dhaka are like heaven and hell literally.

Huh?

There's only .3 of a metre isn't there?

advanced is very vague.

Well yes.....Living in Bangkok and have a weekend house in the South.

I can get the same fast mobile phone internet or landline in the south, I find my favourite products at tops and in the south I can go with the bicycle.

So that small city is more advanced in my opinion. High buildings and traffic jam is not an advantage for me.

advanced? Well, probably no, depending on how you define it. Most cities of any size have a mall. To me that makes some like a USA Huntsville Alabama. Most have some bus or baht bus public transit service. Phuket, Chiang Mai, Korat, Kon kaen, Pattaya, Udon Thani, etc. Most cities are not any where as near as large as Bangkok. Electricity and bottled gas for sure. Public water? I wouldn't drink out of the tap anywhere. Internet, and wifi common. Sewage treatment and water drainage is poor at best in my opinion. Universities and community colleges only in the bigger cities. Airports not in all the cities, except for commuter size planes.

What are you talking about?

Thailand has an area about the same size as California except Thailand's population is almost double that of California.

However, California has a number of large cities with skyscrapers - San Diego, San Francisco, Sacremento, LA.

Thailand only has one. The reason is obvious. The urbanization rate in Thailand is much much less than California/USA. This mean most Thais live in rural areas not in cities.

But whoever said Bangkok was advanced? Compared to where, Dhaka?

I find this funny...Bangkok is more advanced than any city in the UK bar London.

I guess most people can't see past the fleshpots of lower Suk.

Please please please tell me I misunderstood this post, but to me it reads that London, Paris and Tokyo are the only major cities in their respective countries?

Under the present circumstances, a CEO, would find it very difficult to convince his shareholders,

to make new / further investments in Thailand.

Bangkok , is sinking . and so is the Thai economy .

The best years have gone for LOS.wai2.gif

@elliss ,,,,,,,,,, So very true. Just look at the Major company's closing or moving out of Thailand.

coffee1.gif

Thailand is a one trick pony. The only thing approaching a city is Bangkok. In reality though Bangkok is more of a large, densely populated and disorganized village. Thais don't do proper cities with planning and convenience and organization