Best currency exchange in pattaya

golf1here

Do people actually walk around finding the best rate?

It's usually there or there abouts so what's the point?

A few baht, 10bt, 20bt makes no difference to me.

I find it crazy & gives new meaning to the saying 'cheap charlie'

If you're that hard up or bored either get a job or get an interest

Really, next ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it's on the Internet, I look everyday, waiting on big jump on dollar, then il change everything, I have an app XE Currency app, if u r dealing in dollars, stupid not too watch now Edited by Nice Boyd

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not agree with you at all., Yenjit will give you the best exchange rates in Pattaya if you want to change big amounts. Before my vacation to the US I wanted to excange 100000 baht and checked all the branches in Pattaya. Yenjit in walking street were the only one willing to negotiate for a better rate. TT could not match that at all. So next time try Yenjit in WS.

Edited by balo

I do not agree with you at all., Yenjit will give you the best exchange rates in Pattaya if you want to change big amounts. Before my vacation to the US I wanted to excange 100000 baht and checked all the branches in Pattaya. Yenjit in walking street were the only one willing to negotiate for a better rate. TT could not match that at all. So next time try Yenjit in WS.

Sorry but I assumed the subject was about changing foreign currency to Baht where I had the opposite experience to you. You seem to think the subject is changing Baht to foreign currency. Although I have changed large sums of $ and sterling I have never had the experience of going the other way, so I cannot comment. It appears there could be some dependency on the staff manning the booths at the time of the inquiry. However it seems that most are of the opinion that either TT or Yenjit are the ones to narrow it down to which at the very least will help the OP to decide.

Den

Yes this was from baht to dollars but I also use them the other way . Always the best rates available , but avoid Yenjit in Jomtien soi 5, that branch do not follow the same exchange rate as in walking street ,

Yep Yenjit frequently better than TT although unless you're changing a big bundle either suit me. Always surprised TT have no Website

For "quite a sum of cash" (to be defined?) I would only use well known places in Bangkok, like SuperRich

You'd have to factor in the 6 hours of travel and transport costs to make an assessment of what's its worth it. Considering you're suggesting that travel to Bangkok is worth it, how much improvement on Pattaya rates are people likely to get, and now much is "quite a sum of cash"? Is it wise to turn up at a money changer with lots of cash, these days? Do some of you carry hundreds of thousands of dollars, Euros etc in your suitcase when you come through, hoping it won't be scanned.

• 2 weeks later...

TT is Best in Pattaya, Bangkok SuperRich is Best

Hi, my gf runs 12 exchanges in Pattaya

its CC Currency Exchange, (most is red color)

We buy higher then TT, and offten higher then Super Rich.

We hide our rates, you need to come close to see it, as we had TT send staff check our rates, and things like that.

Different locations we buy bit different rates, it depends on competition tho.

We are in Jomtien beach rd. around 5 boxes, 1 in Pattaya park, 1 in Soi Bukhao towards Tuk com, 1 in beach rd. soi 7 and 8, 2 by Ambasador hotel / Mimosa

For larger amounts you can call me 0997843134 mention thaivisa.com, currency and amount.

https://www.facebook.com/cccurrencyexchange?fref=ts

http://www.ccpattayaexchange.com/ (under construction, so not much there yet)

post-235369-0-05451500-1440223863_thumb.

post-235369-0-33042100-1440224280_thumb.

Really, next ....

We do that business, and I can tell you that almost all russians walk check every booth for rates, then walk back 150m to get 2 bath more. :)

Really, next ....

It makes a difference when buying 100,000 baht. You are welcome to do the maths if you are not too bored.

Really, next ....

It makes a difference when buying 100,000 baht. You are welcome to do the maths if you are not too bored.

I think people need to do the math. 100k baht is about 3000usd. As posted on this thread, the difference in exchange rates mentioned here is in the 100th decimal which equates to differences of 60 or 120 baht. Am I to understand somebody would risk carrying 3000 usd all over town for such a measly difference? Get real. I suppose there are posters here that still use travellers cheques too. Btw, my VISA Plus ATM gives a better exchange rate (no foreign transaction fees and the 180 baht is reimbursed).

Really, next ....

I think people need to do the math. 100k baht is about 3000usd. As posted on this thread, the difference in exchange rates mentioned here is in the 100th decimal which equates to differences of 60 or 120 baht. Am I to understand somebody would risk carrying 3000 usd all over town for such a measly difference? Get real. I suppose there are posters here that still use travellers cheques too. Btw, my VISA Plus ATM gives a better exchange rate (no foreign transaction fees and the 180 baht is reimbursed).
Dosent matter

Its psychology not math

95% russians walk around with 100USD

For example one exchange is 35.45

They walk 200m and check and tr here is 35.44 they will walk back. And its only 1THB

Really, next ....

Dosent matter

Its psychology not math

95% russians walk around with 100USD

For example one exchange is 35.45

They walk 200m and check and tr here is 35.44 they will walk back. And its only 1THB

Guess you are right, I was hoping posters here had more sense than inexperienced Russian tourists.

Just a quick question for everybody.

I will be bring across sterling as I understand you can get a better rate in country.

Have been told to bring good condition notes but I was wondering which denominations are best?

Would rather bring £50 notes as these will take less space in the wallet but do they prefer £20 in the change kiosks?

Dave

Yes bring good quality notes, I had a tear in a £20 note and the guy I rented my condo would not take it, so I tried at exchange, same answer so someone said take it to a bank as they will end up sending it back to UK anyway and they wouldnt take it.

I'm a regular long term visitor here for over 20 years and I stay long periods of time. I walk for exercise and whilst I'm out and about I do notice the exchange rates. In the old days it was always Yenjit down walking street past the big tree on the right that was the best.

Now things have changed, there are several different companies offering to exchange your money but to cut the search down just go to a TT Exchange place (the yellow ones), they seem to be the best. Yenjit are still good and particularly good for buying foreign currency, and the 2 in soi Dianna near the Family Mart near the Mega Pool Billiards place are good too. But TT seems the best way to go and they are everywhere.

Edit: And yes I would walk backwards to another place not to far away. Look at it this way, if I have 1,000 USD to change and one place offers 35.60 and another offers 35.80 I'll take the 35.80 and keep the 200 baht for a nice breakfast for myself.

Edited by Ling Kae

I'm a regular long term visitor here for over 20 years and I stay long periods of time. I walk for exercise and whilst I'm out and about I do notice the exchange rates. In the old days it was always Yenjit down walking street past the big tree on the right that was the best.

Now things have changed, there are several different companies offering to exchange your money but to cut the search down just go to a TT Exchange place (the yellow ones), they seem to be the best. Yenjit are still good and particularly good for buying foreign currency, and the 2 in soi Dianna near the Family Mart near the Mega Pool Billiards place are good too. But TT seems the best way to go and they are everywhere.

Edit: And yes I would walk backwards to another place not to far away. Look at it this way, if I have 1,000 USD to change and one place offers 35.60 and another offers 35.80 I'll take the 35.80 and keep the 200 baht for a nice breakfast for myself.

CC exchange we buy higher in pattaya.

As we speak TT 35.60 usd

CC 35.62

Super rich 35.62

Other currencies higher too.

You missed the point, the differences between Yenjit and TT are in the 100th decimal place. One can be better one day and the other the next, in fact, the fx rates changes continually throughout the day and the time it takes you from one to the other the rate may have changed (unlike an ATM). It's an exercise in futility. As posted here, the rate for Yenjit on one particular day was 35.02 and TT, 35.01. Your 1000Usd would have yielded 35020 vs 35010,not enough to buy a cup of coffee.

As being in that business i can tell u yenjit rates are low most of the time.

I know rates live from pattaya

As we speak yenjit usd 35.58

CC 35.62

TT 35.6

U can check yenjit rates online

Nice business you have going here. So today CC has the best rate. What about tomorrow ? Do you want us to call you on the phone so you can give us a better rate, almost guaranteed ? Edited by balo

Your 1000Usd would have yielded 35020 vs 35010,not enough to buy a cup of coffee.

You're not joking - not even close LOL.

Good point about rates changing in the time it takes to travel from one exchange to another. You're pretty safe with TT being the best rate (or extemely close to) and they are now everywhere. They've taken money changing in Pattaya to a whole new level.

As being in that business i can tell u yenjit rates are low most of the time.

I know rates live from pattaya

As we speak yenjit usd 35.58

CC 35.62

TT 35.6

U can check yenjit rates online

Nice business you have going here. So today CC has the best rate. What about tomorrow ? Do you want us to call you on the phone so you can give us a better rate, almost guaranteed ?
All the time best ☺

Dont call me with ur 100usd if u know what I mean

Picture that.

I got higher aud rate then TT, just a bit, 100m futher there is TT.

Aussie comes to me with 1500aud he happily changes it then walk, while he walks aud rates changes globaly and before he just reaches TT they up a bit and its more then I gave him. Aussie comes back to be and ask his money back.

Even at the time he was doing transaction it was highest he could get.

Business ain't easy.

I'm a big user of Yenjit and TT

Unless I'm changing £500 plus I'll use either knowing they are the best invariably. Bigger amounts I'd recce what both were offering,

There is a better one but I dont know the name, even if it actually has a name !! Walking against the Traffic on 2nd rd turn into Soi Diana and on the left hand side around 150 metres down just past the Hotel theres a private exchange,

Many times I have walked past and thought hell they are higher than TT/Yenjit

Thats not you Beefslapper is it....??

Really, next ....

When doing the maths better not to use just a 0.01 example to force the point of one's argument because that's rare for most of us who actually don't wander round all day comparing the displayed rates. We have at least worked out that TT is better than any of the others most of the time and we are not talking small differences between TT and the regular banks.

Really, next ....

When doing the maths better not to use just a 0.01 example to force the point of one's argument because that's rare for most of us who actually don't wander round all day comparing the displayed rates. We have at least worked out that TT is better than any of the others most of the time and we are not talking small differences between TT and the regular banks.

My point is fx rates for the baht are highly volatile right now and change multiple times throughout the day. To say A is better than B is ludicrous. The businesses mentioned in this thread are highly competitive and historically give a better exchange rate than the big banks. To say TT is better than Yenjit is an unknown unless two people are standing at each business respectively with their mobiles comparing rates simultaneously. The differences are inconsequential and walking from one to the other searching for the highest rate is just dumb. Location and perceived safety would be the determining factors for me for those businesses being discussed. For reference, here are some recent rates but I would not place too much faith that these places update their Web rates regularly. http://daytodaydata.net/

Just a quick question for everybody.

I will be bring across sterling as I understand you can get a better rate in country.

Have been told to bring good condition notes but I was wondering which denominations are best?

Would rather bring £50 notes as these will take less space in the wallet but do they prefer £20 in the change kiosks?

Dave

Yes bring good quality notes, I had a tear in a £20 note and the guy I rented my condo would not take it, so I tried at exchange, same answer so someone said take it to a bank as they will end up sending it back to UK anyway and they wouldnt take it.

I had the number 3,000 written on a $100 bill Nobody would Accept it

My point is fx rates for the baht are highly volatile right now and change multiple times throughout the day. To say A is better than B is ludicrous. The businesses mentioned in this thread are highly competitive and historically give a better exchange rate than the big banks. To say TT is better than Yenjit is an unknown unless two people are standing at each business respectively with their mobiles comparing rates simultaneously. The differences are inconsequential and walking from one to the other searching for the highest rate is just dumb. Location and perceived safety would be the determining factors for me for those businesses being discussed. For reference, here are some recent rates but I would not place too much faith that these places update their Web rates regularly. http://daytodaydata.net/

Better not to force the point of one's argument by just using Yenjit and TT and the idea that we are all wandering around like zombies constantly comparing hour after hour. I will say it again: for many of us its just TT and don't bother any more with the mainline banks in the area. As for rates changing throughout the day, that also is an irrelevance as rates can go up or down. How it works when we are considering changing our wedges is to have a figure we want to change at. Changing significant amounts on each transaction means that one has sufficient reserve to wait. Once the marker is reached then change. I don't care if anybody uses Yenjit rather than TT. TT is convenient for me. The main office on Second Road opposite the small Mike's Shopping Mall my usual destination.

Better not to force the point of one's argument by just using Yenjit and TT and the idea that we are all wandering around like zombies constantly comparing hour after hour. I will say it again: for many of us its just TT and don't bother any more with the mainline banks in the area. As for rates changing throughout the day, that also is an irrelevance as rates can go up or down. How it works when we are considering changing our wedges is to have a figure we want to change at. Changing significant amounts on each transaction means that one has sufficient reserve to wait. Once the marker is reached then change. I don't care if anybody uses Yenjit rather than TT. TT is convenient for me. The main office on Second Road opposite the small Mike's Shopping Mall my usual destination.

Yes rates are changing. But exchanges monitor them and get signals from the same sources same time so they change rates almost simultaneously.

And they got groups on messenger Line.

Im in them thats why I know everyones rates and I put always bit more. Somethimes its much sometimes not depends on day and currency.

For example now TT usd 35.67

CC me 35.68

Not much but thats usd

Pound eur rub i got all higher.

Yingit I dont even bother with.

They low from my experience.

And I tried change with them over 1milion twice they refused said no bath.

We are all happy TT works out for you and if I lived in area and was forced to use a foreign exchange booth I would probably use them also. But folks can use the other places mentioned (Yenjit, CC) without making a special trip to TT with confidence they are getting a competitive rate(or perhaps better). With some of these numbers thrown around on this thread ($3000) I personally feel people are nuts risking carrying that kind of cash. I simply use my VISA PLUS ATM card at any ATM knowing I am getting the best exchange rate. After I make my withdrawal I take two steps to the right and make a cash deposit to my local Thai bank. I don't risk carrying excess cash on my person.

We are all happy TT works out for you and if I lived in area and was forced to use a foreign exchange booth I would probably use them also. But folks can use the other places mentioned (Yenjit, CC) without making a special trip to TT with confidence they are getting a competitive rate(or perhaps better). With some of these numbers thrown around on this thread ($3000) I personally feel people are nuts risking carrying that kind of cash. I simply use my VISA PLUS ATM card at any ATM knowing I am getting the best exchange rate. After I make my withdrawal I take two steps to the right and make a cash deposit to my local Thai bank. I don't risk carrying excess cash on my person.

The TT Exchange at the southern end of Second Road isn't just a booth. Its also a walk-in office which also provides a security box service. Whether you feel comfortable carrying $3k around is not the topic. What is the topic is whether using TT (or Yenjit, or Superrich etc) makes any significant difference over that of using the main banks. And it does.