Sex slaves sold by Islamic State, the younger the better

webfact

Sex Slaves Sold by Islamic State, the Younger the Better
by Sangwon Yoon

NEW YORK: -- A senior United Nations official says Islamic State is circulating a slave price list for captured women and children, and that the group’s ongoing appeal and barbarity pose an unprecedented challenge.

The official, Zainab Bangura, said that on a trip to Iraq in April she was given a copy of an Islamic State pamphlet, which included the list, showing that captured children as young as one fetch the highest price. The bidders include both the group’s own fighters and wealthy Middle Easterners.

The list shows the group’s view of the value of those it captures and surfaced some eight months ago, though its authenticity came under question. Bangura, who is the UN special envoy on sexual violence in conflict and was also in Jordan and Turkey, said she has verified that the document came from Islamic State and reflects real transactions.

“The girls get peddled like barrels of petrol,” she said in an interview last week in New York. “One girl can be sold and bought by five or six different men. Sometimes these fighters sell the girls back to their families for thousands of dollars of ransom.”

Full story: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-08-03/sex-slaves-sold-by-islamic-state-the-younger-the-better

-- BloombergBusiness 2015-08-04

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont think for one munute that ISIS does not have Thailand in their sights. Because they do. And will move to take the country as soon as possible. Their ultimate goal is the entire world. Ireally do think they are already here in the south in some strength.........

Islamic state's approach will be - "It was good enough for the prophet, it's good enough for us". What I mean by that is (and this is neither slander nor Islamophobia. It is fact based history, relevant to discussion of this trend) that slave ownership, buying, selling and exchange were as normal as camel riding in the prophet's own lifetime. With whom did he travel to Bosra with in his mid 20s? A slave boy, supplied by Khadijah. Slavery runs through the entire story of the Prophet, his dealings, his family, his post revelation ayings and guidance and crucially he never put an end to it, nor to Jihad.

Modifications were made, clearer instructions (manual) were made on treatment (good treatment, or inflicting your wrath for transgressions) and differing treatment depending on the circumstances of slaves coming into your possession (as booty from conquest in war, not great prospects), but crucially he never put an end to it and followers are instructed to emulate his life example, are they not. Nor did Allah via Jibreel, instruct an end to the taking, owning, trading of slaves, so I guess not all human beings are deemed equal in the eyes of Allah, never mind his chosen messenger. Allah clarifies this. To me, the core point is that while he condemned 'unjust' maltreatment of slaves, 'just' maltreatment of slaves is clearly permitted.

Islamic State has an idol in historical example, and this is a problem.

Their ultimate goal is the entire world.

Vision wise, yes, and not a goal to convert the world to Islam but have it under Islamic dominion. It has a long long uphill battle though. It can't even take Syria. It is no longer the environment of the middle ages and it simply cannot stand toe to toe with developed nations. It only takes one phone call and a nuke is dropped on a certain area, as in Japan. For this reason, I suspect ISIS will only ever thrive in sandboxes of existing chaos.

We could however see small scale terrorism in our nations (arguably, we already have) on its instructions, and 'recruitment' in nations in SEA. It seemed to have been missed on the forum that David Cameron was going around SEA last week creating an alliance on counter terrorism, and in Indonesia they had found that Islamists were communicating in minority languages.

I do believe there is a threat to these nations but also that something akin to a Bali 2002 is looming against western tourists holidaying in the region.

I am in Bali at the moment and noticed security at a larger hotel inspect vehicles entering into its under hotel car park, with one of those under car mirrors upon a trolley. It all looked good, until I noticed the guard was not looking down at the mirror at all as he went around, but the back seat.

Edited by Lissos

Dont think for one munute that ISIS does not have Thailand in their sights. Because they do. And will move to take the country as soon as possible. Their ultimate goal is the entire world. Ireally do think they are already here in the south in some strength.........

The Thais will slaughter them. I'm not talking about the army, I mean the people, even if it's with pitchforks.

Islamic state's approach will be - "It was good enough for the prophet, it's good enough for us". What I mean by that is (and this is neither slander nor Islamophobia. It is fact based history, relevant to discussion of this trend) that slave ownership, buying, selling and exchange were as normal as camel riding in the prophet's own lifetime. With whom did he travel to Bosra with in his mid 20s? A slave boy, supplied by Khadijah. Slavery runs through the entire story of the Prophet, his dealings, his family, his post revelation ayings and guidance and crucially he never put an end to it, nor to Jihad.

Modifications were made, clearer instructions (manual) were made on treatment (good treatment, or inflicting your wrath for transgressions) and differing treatment depending on the circumstances of slaves coming into your possession (as booty from conquest in war, not great prospects), but crucially he never put an end to it and followers are instructed to emulate his life example, are they not. Nor did Allah via Jibreel, instruct an end to the taking, owning, trading of slaves, so I guess not all human beings are deemed equal in the eyes of Allah, never mind his chosen messenger. Allah clarifies this. To me, the core point is that while he condemned 'unjust' maltreatment of slaves, 'just' maltreatment of slaves is clearly permitted.

You are misunderstanding and confusing the readers.

The problem is (take a pick):

- IS is not really Islamic;

- Islam is good, IS Jihadis are bad;

- There are 'good' and 'bad' Muslims;

- What is wrong in general with 'the younger - the better' concept?;

- If the Prophet approved of slavery, who are you to object?;

- If the Prophet never put an end to slavery and Jihad, - can you really?;

- How do you classify sex slavery as 'maltreatment'?;

And finally, putting 'historical' aspects of Islam as remote, obscure and misinterpreted by infidels, let me quote a more up-to-date authority:

" The future must not belong to those who slander the Prophet of Islam".

We should all be mindful of "... Islam's role in advancing justice,progress, tolerance and dignity of all human beings".

" We have Jews, Muslims, Hindus, atheists, agnostics, Buddhists, and their own path to grace is one that we have to revere and respect as our own".

Sounds like the Catholic Church in the 70s and 80s.

coffee1.gif

I know that the Catholic Church had problems with Peado Priests.

I do not recall any price lists of children for sale.

Or throwing gays off tall buildings to braying mobs with piles of rocks to make sure they were dead.

Or loping heads off.

So what point were you actually failing dismally to make ?

Note that rich Middle Easterners are currently buying slaves sold by ISIS. This should tell anyone paying attention that the religious texts cited by ISIS justifying slavery are also accepted elsewhere in the Muslim world, and why not for any who believe the Quran is the literal word of God?

coffee1.gif

Or throwing gays off tall buildings to braying mobs with piles of rocks to make sure they were dead.

Or loping heads off.

One that seems to have struck a nerve with you. whistling.gif

giggle.gif

It would appear that some of the esteemed members are upset that their favorite group is being tarnished. You simply have to learn to put a proper spin on this. ISIS has evolved from a barbaric, killing machine to a kinder, gentler social group, who now feeds and protects the young and innocent until they can find a proper home for them; some place where they will truly be loved and appreciated.

I wonder if you can order on line or if you have to go to the Slave Market to pick one up?

Edited by Credo

Congratulations on the daftest post this year

coffee1.gif

Or loping heads off.

giggle.gif

Edit; the following is in reply to your post doubting the factual nature of a news source because it's American.

How predictable, source policing to airbrush away facts you find inconvenient. Seeing as ISIS has declared a Caliphate it may be of interest how previous Caliphates have dealt with the matter of slavery.

http://atlantablackstar.com/2014/06/02/10-facts-about-the-arab-enslavement-of-black-people-not-taught-in-schools/

P.S There's also some choice reading matter here for Louis Farrakhan and the Nation of Islam.

Edited by Steely Dan

coffee1.gif

Or loping heads off.

giggle.gif

Not struck any nerve with me.

What I find utterly amazing is that you find it something that you find rather amusing.

On top of that, there is actually a 2 watt lightbulb that agrees with you.

coffee1.gif

The Catholic church bought and sold sex slaves? News to me. Yours is one of the more idiotic comments I've read lately. Congrats.

Edited by giddyup

coffee1.gif

Or loping heads off.

1. Still has problems, as donJehovah Witness.

2. Doesnt mean they dont exist, but priests are not known for spending large when they have it on tap.

3. True, but rare, so Islam is not 'Known' for it. ISIS probably.

4. Its the preferred method of execution, the US uses drugs, some countries shoot. Some Islamic countries behead. ISIS is not known as following islam by Muslim countries.

Try not to mix Islam with what ISIS does as muslim countries are also fighting against them.

Note that rich Middle Easterners are currently buying slaves sold by ISIS. This should tell anyone paying attention that the religious texts cited by ISIS justifying slavery are also accepted elsewhere in the Muslim world, and why not for any who believe the Quran is the literal word of God?

Because you are wrong. The muslim world does not justfy slavery and it is not accepted in the majority of muslim countries.

The bible is literal, if a Christian does not follow the bible word for word a bad Christian? Same for muslims.

coffee1.gif

Or loping heads off.

giggle.gif

Edit; the following is in reply to your post doubting the factual nature of a news source because it's American.

How predictable, source policing to airbrush away facts you find inconvenient. Seeing as ISIS has declared a Caliphate it may be of interest how previous Caliphates have dealt with the matter of slavery.

http://atlantablackstar.com/2014/06/02/10-facts-about-the-arab-enslavement-of-black-people-not-taught-in-schools/

P.S There's also some choice reading matter here for Louis Farrakhan and the Nation of Islam.

I have no doubt this is happening, there are some sick people in the world. ISIS is top of that list.

Because you are wrong. The muslim world does not justfy slavery and it is not accepted in the majority of muslim countries.

The bible is literal, if a Christian does not follow the bible word for word a bad Christian? Same for muslims.

Historical record demonstrates slavery was part and parcel of Islamic societies. Here is some background to scripture which justifies it. The modern consensus position is open to debate, but it was 1970 before Saudi Arabia abolished slavery

http://answering-islam.org/Silas/slavery.htm

Interesting that the "...If it's good enough for the prophet, it's good enough for us" school of thought is so conveniently selective. It apparently doesn't cover things like automobiles, televisions, mobile phones, air conditioning, computers, internet, automatic weapons and a virtually endless list of other 'not officially endorsed' items.

Edited by Hayduke

Shower of Pedos time this evil prophet and his Muslim followers are wiped out and confined to the history books.

ISIS will never get Thailand in their quest for world domination, once these submarines get here they won’t stand a chance against the next Thai cunning ideas.

I think that it is common among Islamists to desire that the SOUTHERN part of Thailand that has Muslim legacy to become ruled by Muslims again. That's kind of obvious, isn't it?

Not obvious at all.....I'd be surprised if many Islamists are even aware of what's happening here. The Southern insurgents are separatists, not Islamists.

ISIS' claims to hegemony are non-negotiable, violent, intolerant, regressive, repressive and close to pretty much unprecedented in the the last hundred or so years. That they want to propagate slavery is no more or less surprising than their predilection for group beheadings and burning alive. As close to a scourge as it's possible to get.

You are misunderstanding and confusing the readers.

The problem is (take a pick):

- IS is not really Islamic;

- Islam is good, IS Jihadis are bad;

- There are 'good' and 'bad' Muslims;

- What is wrong in general with 'the younger - the better' concept?;

- If the Prophet approved of slavery, who are you to object?;

- If the Prophet never put an end to slavery and Jihad, - can you really?;

- How do you classify sex slavery as 'maltreatment'?;

And finally, putting 'historical' aspects of Islam as remote, obscure and misinterpreted by infidels, let me quote a more up-to-date authority:

" The future must not belong to those who slander the Prophet of Islam".

We should all be mindful of "... Islam's role in advancing justice,progress, tolerance and dignity of all human beings".

" We have Jews, Muslims, Hindus, atheists, agnostics, Buddhists, and their own path to grace is one that we have to revere and respect as our own".

-Can you quote Meccan verses that prove IS is not Islamic?

-Can you provide examples of where Islam is a source of good and peace in this world?

-Can you provide examples of the good Muslims being proactive against the bad Muslims? And don't trot out examples of reactive action in the protection of their rule.

-When the perfect man who's example is to be emulated married and raped a prepubescent child who he physically assaulted it's a bit hard to defend the younger is better isn't?

-If a religion arises that states non-new-religionists (to include Muslims) should be fought against, slaughtered, their women raped and children sold into slavery...who would you be to question it?

-The West did a pretty good job of stopping the slavery in the Muslim world.

-This has to be your most jaw dropping comment. The debasement of being a slave compounded by the violation of rape is truly sickening. And Muslims know that. Hence the rape of the Yazidi women, Qyadifi, the US ambassador, etc.

How is a self described Christian living in a western country an expert? Especially one who studied constitutional law and yet still thinks that limits on freedom of speech are ok?

Edited by dave_boo

ISIS' claims to hegemony are non-negotiable, violent, intolerant, regressive, repressive and close to pretty much unprecedented in the the last hundred or so years. That they want to propagate slavery is no more or less surprising than their predilection for group beheadings and burning alive. As close to a scourge as it's possible to get.

No, they are exactly a scourge.

However, we do have to keep a little scepticism of all Western media. It is not unusual for any media to beat the tune that governments want.