Proof Of Income, Visa Renewal (Retirement)

UK passport holder. I will be doing a postal application to the UK Embassy in Bangkok for a Proof Of Income letter. It's not clear from the Consular Advisory https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/440413/Pension_01.07.15._Master.pdf what constitutes "Evidence of your current pension/income"

- UK Bank statements, how many months?

- Is a letter from my employer required? If yes, does it have to be original or will a scanned copy suffice?

As I'm doing this by post I want to make sure what boxes need to be checked.

Many thanks wai2.gif

I did this in June for my retirement extension. Previously I had got my letter from the Consulate in Chiang Mai, but now you have to apply by post to the Embassy in Bangkok.

I used a copy of a letter from my previous employer stating my annual pension for the next year, plus a copy of my notice of pension from the UK State Pension office. Copies, not originals. No bank statements.

Be sure that the figures, in GB Pounds, tally with the figures you state on the reverse of the application form.

They got the letter back to me within one week.

I send the most recent P60s from my pension providers, or in the case of the State Retirement Pension the several-years-old statement of my entitlement with a covering note pointing out that the figure is constant because it has never increased. I have on occasion sent a bank statement to demonstrate my house rental income, which automatically shows 3 months receipts. Never had a problem.

Bear in mind that if you send bank statements you will be providing proof of net income, which seems to me to be logical from the Thai Immigration point of view, although I have noticed that some people use their pre-tax figures which are apparently accepted. I'm not saying which is right or wrong it's whatever you feel comfortable with.

P.S. Unlike the previous poster I have always sent original documents, they send them back with the letter pretty quickly. If copies are accepted I will send copies in the future.

Edited by Eff1n2ret