how to get a work visa and visa to live in thailand long term

Hi we have israeli citizenship, my boyfriend is 53, and i am 43 years old, with a child of 2 years old. I would like to work and maybe he would too. How do we go about getting work visas and if not at least visas to be able to stay long term?

thanks

You have to be working for a Thai company to get a work permit and a non immigrant B visa.

You boy friend could get a on year extension of stay based upon retirement if he can put 800k baht in a Thai bank or show proof of 65k baht income or a combination of the 2 totaling 800k baht.

If he was to get the extension and you were married you could get an extension as his dependent. If he is father of you child they could get a extension also.

Other than that getting tourist visas would be the only option.

• Like 1

You will need a job first to qualify for a business visa.

If your boyfriend has 800,000 baht in a bank or have an income of 65.000 baht/month he would qualify for a retirement visa and you as dependent if you marry.

Other option you have is tourist visas or enroll in a language school for an education visa.

• Like 1

You must either

A. Open a Company and employ at least four Thai people. OR

B. Obtain legitimate jobs. Your employer will provided the paperwork required to obtain a visa and work permit. OR

C. He can obtain a retirement extension of stay if the requirements can be met. If those requirements can be met you could obtain an extension based on dependency if you are married .

Or you could both buy into the Thai Elite visa program

Edited by nowretired

thanks for all the replies, what is a the Thai Elite visa programme?

demonstrate you have a whole bunch of cash and are prepared to spend it in Thailand - by handing over a bunch of cash :-) and they'll give you a no-frills long-term visa.

5 year and 20 year options exist.

See:

www.thailandelite.com

Edit:

Joe beat me to it.

Edited by dickyknee

thanks all of you for such replies!!

if i have a european passport as well as israeli would i be better off getting work visa or regular visa with the european one?

also if i was to be married and joined my husband on his retirement visa does that mean i cannot work if i found a job, cause if so better to go on a tourist visa as i definitely want to work and be busy...

To the best of my knowledge there is no European passport. Each member state of the EU issues its own passports.

To get a visa to travel to Thailand and to apply for a work permit, it does not matter which of your two passports you use.

You would not be able to get a work permit with a permission to stay as a dependant of a husband who is on a retirement extension of stay. Therefore, you may as well enter Thailand with a tourist visa, look for a job and once you have a firm job offer, apply for your work permit, then when the permit is ready to be picked up go to a Thai consulate in a nearby country and get a non-immigrant visa category B (non-B visa, for short), then back in Thailand pick up the work permit, start working, and get annual extensions for the reason of employment.

• Like 1

I am on a visa exempt extension 30 days which runs out on 17 August. I have applied already following the very excellent instructions of Ubon in another thread and am waiting for the one year extension based on retirement. I was told to turn up at Jomtien on 17th August. I suppose at that time I will get the extension into my passport. Now my questions are, and I guess Ubon will know the answer:

1. Can I leave the country and come back between now and 17th. August.

2. After I get my extension can I leave and come back as I wish or are there restrictions.

I guess I should have asked at the immigration while I was there but I forgot.

Thanks in advance

Den

1. Can I leave the country and come back between now and 17th. August.

2. After I get my extension can I leave and come back as I wish or are there restrictions.

With a re-entry permit, you can.

• Like 2