Democrats pledge common goals with Suthep

webfact

so it starts again? One side the "Red's" other side the "Yellow's". Means no change in Thailand? They need Suthep to escalate the hate again and to give the army any reason to stay longer in power? If the army would act neutral and guarantees fair and free elections Thai have to accept whatever outcome it will be. And...the army has to accept as well. That is the meaning giving power to the people. But I see I'm dreaming only...?

Did it ever really stop? The army suppressed the conflict, but it would be difficult to list even a single action done since that would be a good faith attempt at real reconciliation.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so it starts again? One side the "Red's" other side the "Yellow's". Means no change in Thailand? They need Suthep to escalate the hate again and to give the army any reason to stay longer in power? If the army would act neutral and guarantees fair and free elections Thai have to accept whatever outcome it will be. And...the army has to accept as well. That is the meaning giving power to the people. But I see I'm dreaming only...?

Did it ever really stop? The army suppressed the conflict, but it would be difficult to list even a single action done since that would be a good faith attempt at real reconciliation.

It certainly wasn't reconciled nor stopped nor any good faith attempted during the three years Yingluck was supposedly in charge.

Nor did Yingluck overthrow a democratically elected government on the premise of reconciliation, so your point is not really relevant.

Dear Mark,

Give it up, politics that is, you're always going to be a loser and spineless one at that

Love from

He's not spineless. He didn't do a runner when charged with murder and didn't take the easy way out and take Thaksin's "shilling".

However, he's no more the real leader than Yingluck was. One a photogenic pretty the other an Old Etonian Oxford graduate. Nice window dressing. good for appearances.

He's more intelligent than Yingluck and can debate and present far better, but probably has little if any more power than her.

If he's got any sense and alternatives he should quit and get out the cesspit.

Abhisit's views on the incompetence and authoritarianism of the miltary regime are not that much different from those of any intelligent person.Needless to say however he doesn't recognise his own errors in bringing about the current debacle.

http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/thailand-has-to-find-new-model-of-stability

Dear Mark,

Give it up, politics that is, you're always going to be a loser and spineless one at that

Love from

Ahbisit never have the fortitude and boldness to be a leader. He will always be a follower or just be subservient to higher powers and that include Sutherp; major financier to the Dem Party. Yes, he should give up being a pseudo leader of the Dem Party and allow other credible people to helm the party and hopefully regain their glory days when they are the people representative and critics of the military.

Your lady who just lost power and was thrown out was also a follower, but it was from The desert. Amazing memories you lot have.

It certainly wasn't reconciled nor stopped nor any good faith attempted during the three years Yingluck was supposedly in charge.

Nor did Yingluck overthrow a democratically elected government on the premise of reconciliation, so your point is not really relevant.

Yingluck did absolutely NOTHING that's why she said quote " I did nothing wrong"...cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Dear Mark,

Love from

He's not spineless. He didn't do a runner when charged with murder and didn't take the easy way out and take Thaksin's "shilling".

However, he's no more the real leader than Yingluck was. One a photogenic pretty the other an Old Etonian Oxford graduate. Nice window dressing. good for appearances.

He's more intelligent than Yingluck and can debate and present far better, but probably has little if any more power than her.

He was the leader of a political party that is very much a part of the current problem in Thailand, and pulled his party from participating in the elections February last year, and was poised to do it again in July.. that's pretty spineless.

It's like not bothering to turn up for a job interview, despite having good credentials. because you know you wont get the job, but you'll never know how badly the other interviews went!!

You would of thought the Thai electorate were there for the taking during the protests. The dem's could of participated in that election pledging and outlining a clear reform campaign while highlighting the failures and corruption of the PTP. They backed the PDRC who claimed to have the 'masses' on side and refused to join in an election.

Surely that would of been a better option than the current state of affairs? It's just a fantasy though as most of us know what's really going on. Still, I'd have a lot more respect for the dems if they at least attempted something.

Elections--I am all for them if stability is good, as for the elections you are talking about --a no go... No one in the world elections are held with an thrown out government, who cheated the country be allowed to stand----GET IT. therefore your election you talk about was to be a joke.

Yingluck did absolutely NOTHING that's why she said quote " I did nothing wrong"...cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Why do people think this is about Yingluck. She's been gone for a while, army are in charge, what changes for the better have they made, how will it be better in future, what reforms are they talking about.

It is moronic to just keep going on about Yingluck and Thaksin. If the people want to vote for whoever the reds put in as leader then thats a matter fir them, and if they do the yellows and the army should just suck it up and look in the mirror as to why the people dont want them.

Elections--I am all for them if stability is good, as for the elections you are talking about --a no go... No one in the world elections are held with an thrown out government, who cheated the country be allowed to stand----GET IT. therefore your election you talk about was to be a joke.

"No one in the world elections are held with an thrown out government, who cheated the country be allowed to stand-"

what the hell does that mean? can you repeat in English?

"no one in the world elections"?

"with an thrown out government"?

"who cheated the country be allowed to stand"?

it's pure gibberish even for you "my friend" as your rightwing mate djjamie calls everyone

Dear Mark,

Love from

Abhisit's views on the incompetence and authoritarianism of the miltary regime are not that much different from those of any intelligent person.Needless to say however he doesn't recognise his own errors in bringing about the current debacle.

http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/thailand-has-to-find-new-model-of-stability

Absolutely. Abhisit should have given in to terrorists, layed down and play dead for the UDD and let Thaksin the Saviour come back.

Anyway,

""We are independent from each other but we share the common purpose of reforming the country and fighting against ill power,''"

Abhisit and suthep couldn't agree on the colour of dog <deleted>, all they have in common is both want to be top dogs in a party that couldn't win a raffle holding the only ticket sold!!

what's with the winning? The Democrat party attracted close to 12 million votes in 2011 with the largest party close to 16 million. In a democracy it isn't so that 'winner takes all'

Abhisit and suthep couldn't agree on the colour of dog <deleted>, all they have in common is both want to be top dogs in a party that couldn't win a raffle holding the only ticket sold!!

what's with the winning? The Democrat party attracted close to 12 million votes in 2011 with the largest party close to 16 million. In a democracy it isn't so that 'winner takes all'

Yes an election is nothing to do about winning....

In fact i have no idea what you are trying to say, and i suspect neither do you.

In fact i have no idea what you are trying to say, and i suspect neither do you.

Just keep trying, my dear smutcakes and you'll get there.

BTW 'winning' and 'winner takes all' is not the same. Furthermore in democracies multi-party elections AND multi-party coalition governments seem to give both that wonderful democratic feeling and reasonable cooperation, stability and slow progress without too abrupt changes with every change of government.

BTW 'winning' and 'winner takes all' is not the same. Furthermore in democracies multi-party elections AND multi-party coalition governments seem to give both that wonderful democratic feeling and reasonable cooperation, stability and slow progress without too abrupt changes with every change of government.

So what is your actual point in relation to Thailand? or the actual thread? "Democrats pledge common goals with Suthep" I know you are stickler for staying on topic.

Suthep fought against corruption.

Democrats fight for their share in the corruption

Not same same

Are you taking the piss? suthep a champion of corruption?

Palm oil scandal? Property scandal? Police station scandal?

You're right it's not the same same, it's worse!!!

They didn't attract enough voters to secure a win over their nearest rivals at the time of a general election!!!

Your comments sound like the captain of a losing team on cup final day getting beat 3-1 saying " we almost won, but at least we got a goal, and gave a good account of ourselves"

Yeah but you still LOST!!!!

Edited by Fat Haggis

So what is your actual point in relation to Thailand? or the actual thread? "Democrats pledge common goals with Suthep" I know you are stickler for staying on topic.

No need to try to annoy me, my dear smutcakes. It's a nice Saturday afternoon, no rain, not too hot.

Just read the posts before and all should be clear to you.

No need to try to annoy me, my dear smutcakes. It's a nice Saturday afternoon, no rain, not too hot.

If someone calling you out to explain one of your posts is an attempt to annoy you, then maybe you should not make posts full of holes, innuendoes and lies so no one will call you out. If you keep to facts you might enjoy your TVF experience better without people trying to 'annoy' you.

I am on holiday at the moment where it is not a particularly sociable hour, but thanks for the thought.

Suthep fought against corruption.

Democrats fight for their share in the corruption

Not same same

Are you taking the piss? suthep a champion of corruption?

Palm oil scandal? Property scandal? Police station scandal?

You're right it's not the same same, it's worse!!!

Property scandal is clearly only propaganda.

I don't know the details of the others but I never heard of any evidence that Suthep got some money into his pocket.

But even if: It would be a magnitude smaller than only the airport.....

But even if2: He cut off all his political connections, he can't get elected again, so he cut himself off the feeding trough, that would be good enough for me. He clearly put the good for the country before his own bank account. I am sure Thaksin would have paid him a large amount if he stopped the demonstrations or let the election happen. Obviously he didn't take the money.

They didn't attract enough voters to secure a win over their nearest rivals at the time of a general election!!!

Your comments sound like the captain of a losing team on cup final day getting beat 3-1 saying " we almost won, but at least we got a goal, and gave a good account of ourselves"

Neither democracy nor elections are a sport, my dear chap.

If educated westeners don't understand that, what chance do reforms in Thailand have ?

If someone calling you out to explain one of your posts is an attempt to annoy you, then maybe you should not make posts full of holes, innuendoes and lies so no one will call you out. If you keep to facts you might enjoy your TVF experience better without people trying to 'annoy' you.

I am on holiday at the moment where it is not a particularly sociable hour, but thanks for the thought.

Strange idea of holiday you've got.

stating you don't understand a post and postulating that I didn't even knew what I wrote down? Try to solve your ignorance by asking questions in a somewhat more polite way.

It started with our FatHaggis writing

"Abhisit and suthep couldn't agree on the colour of dog <deleted>, all they have in common is both want to be top dogs in a party that couldn't win a raffle holding the only ticket sold!!"

and me replying

"what's with the winning? The Democrat party attracted close to 12 million votes in 2011 with the largest party close to 16 million. In a democracy it isn't so that 'winner takes all'"

Now if you think I should explain that to you I fear you do not understand democracy and I would have to go back to basics, or as the topic mentions reforms, but in the form of education. Somehow I think I have a better chance to educate Thai than some posters here.

Enjoy your holiday,

uncle rubl

Neither democracy nor elections are a sport, my dear chap.

If educated westeners don't understand that, what chance do reforms in Thailand have ?

No they are not, but democracy allows voters to vote for whatever party they want come election time.

What exactly was your point about the democratic party attracting close to 12 million people?

The other party attracted 16 million, that would make the other party holding the majority yes?

The democrats got 35% of the vote

Their Rivals got 48% of the vote

Ergo, the still had the majority.

Bottom line, Dr. Spin, is that 65% of the 65% turnout, didn't favour the democrats, now I'm not that smart at times, but this would STILL make them a minority.

Banding figures about attracting voters means absolute nothing till it's time to vote... 12 million would as well being 12, you just don't seem to be able to accept that them dems, they just ain't that popular enough to actually do something ...unless it's throw teddies, spit dummies, and take to the streets, and stomp your feet, then, when all the propagandist tell you the opposition are the minority, you still bottle out of proving it!!

Strange idea of holiday you've got.

stating you don't understand a post and postulating that I didn't even knew what I wrote down? Try to solve your ignorance by asking questions in a somewhat more polite way.

It started with our FatHaggis writing

"Abhisit and suthep couldn't agree on the colour of dog <deleted>, all they have in common is both want to be top dogs in a party that couldn't win a raffle holding the only ticket sold!!"

and me replying

"what's with the winning? The Democrat party attracted close to 12 million votes in 2011 with the largest party close to 16 million. In a democracy it isn't so that 'winner takes all'"

Now if you think I should explain that to you I fear you do not understand democracy and I would have to go back to basics, or as the topic mentions reforms, but in the form of education. Somehow I think I have a better chance to educate Thai than some posters here.

Enjoy your holiday,

uncle rubl

Uncle Rublsick.gif

You trying to 'educate' someoneclap2.gif

Uhh H90 Suthep's corruption is so bad that he had a government dissolved. Christ almighty take the blinkers off! Even the hardcore PDRCers I talked to during the protests knew how dirty he is.

He is the don of the south going against the don of the north/north east. Thailand is still pretty medieval with warring clans.

The Democrats should write a book, "How to alienate everyone". Suthep is a scumbag, a friend of Thaksin, when it became clear that it was to his advantage to do so, he called Thaksin a "former friend" and stated that he was no longer welcome in his house. I truly believe that all these politicians should be banned, and none of their relatives should be allowed to run for office. Seems like the voters will be faced with a choice of who they don't want the most....instead of who they do, sad.