Large and Dangerous Hole appears on Pattaya Beach Promenade

webfact

I just scratch my head in disbelief that a sand foundation was used, and will be used again and again and again, irrespective of whether or not heavy rains will fall.

What explanation can the constructors / city hall / engineers have ? No money ?

And this is just 1 deep-cratered section of many.

And they want to keep the image of Pattaya high.

The end of Beach Rd, Walking Street end, has looked like a "bomb-site" for a long time now.

What goes on in those "empty-heads" ??????

Simply graft , how long have you lived here ?

Obviously there are no engineer's specifications , nor project management with hold points in the program so the quality of the work can be signed off on at particular stages and no retention money withheld to be paid after the work is completed satisfactorily and again after a 12/24 month period.

30 years I've watched them mess about with beach road and it's still just that, "a mess". Biggest contractors money maker in all of Pattaya. They must have spent $millions on it by now and still can't call it finished.

Anybody taking bets on whether or not the foundation of the beach road is on sand ?

if there was a proper foundation it wouldn't matter if build on sand. but obviously there is none.

I don't think there are any foundations under most of the roads round here

Dear Thai "engineers"

It is absolutely clear to all of us, what you are trying to achieve here... But I'm really, really sorry to tell you that there is still a very long way to go until you can also claim to be the hub of dangerous holes!

We all know you can do much better and appreciate your relentless efforts to achieve your final goal. Your actual tunnel project is a huge step in the right direction.

Keep up your promising work - You can do it!!! We believe in you and your excellent, well documented workmanship!

Just for comparative purposes: That's what we call dangerous holes.

post-208463-0-66205000-1439291989_thumb.

post-208463-0-75607700-1439292003_thumb.

post-208463-0-90950200-1439292013_thumb.