Asthma attack kills Swiss expat in Kanchanaburi, police say

webfact

Asthma Attack Kills Swiss Expat in Kanchanaburi, Police Say
By Khaosod English

14388593171438859429l.jpg
Police said they found the discarded inhaler of a Swiss expat living in Kanchanaburi near to where he collapsed and died of an asthma attack early this morning.

KANCHANABURI - A Swiss expat living west of Bangkok died early this morning after he suffered a severe asthma attack while riding a motorcycle, police told reporters.

Motorists alerted police at around 3 am today that the man’s body was found on a road in the mueang district of Kanchanaburi province, local police said, and was believed to be traveling home after meeting friends.

“Suddenly, his asthma condition hit him, so he parked his motorcycle on the side of the road and tried to find his inhaler,” Police Lt. Chaiyan Srathongduang said. “But before he could use the inhaler, his breathing stopped and he dropped from his motorcycle.” He added that police officers found the inhaler near the motorcycle.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1438859317&typecate=06&section=

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-08-07

62 years isn't so old, either. RIP.

I had a friend who had to be intubated once due to heart failure at age 42 (he was diabetic and didn't keep track of his blood sugar). He told me the next day that suffocation was the worst feeling he'd ever had and that he'd rather go any other way when his time came. Less than 2 months later, he died instantly of a massive heart attack.

...where is this 'step-by-step' account coming from.....

...do we even know the 'inhaler' was his.....

...and does anybody die from an asthma attack.....

...case closed....

...no blood test or toxicology report.......???

...case closed....

Bring on the conspiracy theory ...again...yep , he was drinking Thai booze, served by a Thai bar man / bar lady in Thai restaurant, and it was Thai weather. He drove his motorcycle in Thailand on a Thai road...so obviously he was murdered by a Thai (insert ladyboy, girlfriend, wife, policeman, politician, etc.) or his death was caused by Thai manufactured inhaler perhaps?. Give it a rest and let the poor man rest in peace.

Maybe Thai Visa should add a "No Conspiracy Theory B@llsh!t" and "No Thai bashing" clause to their terms of service

...case closed....

Bring on the conspiracy theory ...again...yep , he was drinking Thai booze, served by a Thai bar man / bar lady in Thai restaurant, and it was Thai weather. He drove his motorcycle in Thailand on a Thai road...so obviously he was murdered by a Thai (insert ladyboy, girlfriend, wife, policeman, politician, etc.) or his death was caused by Thai manufactured inhaler perhaps?. Give it a rest and let the poor man rest in peace.

Maybe Thai Visa should add a "No Conspiracy Theory B@llsh!t" and "No Thai bashing" clause to their terms of service

I bet you are a big fan of Kim Jong-Un ...

As an asthma sufferer myself he must have been falling behind in his asthma management. Severe attacks are preceded by a worsening in one's condition indicating that medical attention is required. His drinking friends must have noted some distress (shortness of breath). For asthmas triggered by airborne allergies such as fine dust the months March and April are when I avoid visits to Kanchanaburi due to inversions over this 'bowl'. Recent rains would have cleaned up airborne contaminants so likely his asthma was triggered by some other cause.

...case closed....

From this article there is a risk for a fatal attack for Astma sufferers.

http://www.uptodate.com/contents/identifying-patients-at-risk-for-fatal-asthma

...case closed....

From this article there is a risk for a fatal attack for Astma sufferers.And is not only possible but common place.

http://www.uptodate.com/contents/identifying-patients-at-risk-for-fatal-asthma

As an asthma sufferer myself he must have been falling behind in his asthma management. Severe attacks are preceded by a worsening in one's condition indicating that medical attention is required. His drinking friends must have noted some distress (shortness of breath). For asthmas triggered by airborne allergies such as fine dust the months March and April are when I avoid visits to Kanchanaburi due to inversions over this 'bowl'. Recent rains would have cleaned up airborne contaminants so likely his asthma was triggered by some other cause.

I too have suffered long from Asthma, seasonal as you post above, so I just move out of the area during rice cutting, land burning seasons. Food alergies, whether known or not, can trigger asthma attacks compounded by the Anaphalyptic (sp) shock - happened to me on my way home from a dinner at a Chinese friends house..........I ate white rice only, they were careful to point out what had shrimp or crab in it as I am alergic to Shellfish. The attack hit while driving, I pulled over and used my inhaler, and chewed some Baby Benadryl tablets (antihistamine I keep in the car) then drove to the hoispital. So, I found out next day the cook always seasons the white rice with shrimp powder, colorless, and mixed with other tasty goodies, undetectable, until I had the reaction. . Sorry for the Old Chap , Rest in Peace.

Trust but Verify