ACH transfers

Im ready to set up my first ACH transfer from my US bank to the BB US branch. I have a couple questions first.

Our US bank is a joint account. Our BB account here is a joint account also. Our account here has my name in English and my wifes name in Thai. When setting up the transfer details, what do I write down if my US bank asks for the name of the account?

Also, after the transfer is made and I call Bualoung phone 1333, to confirm the transfer, will I talk with a machine or a person?

Thanks, Z

It's the account number that counts. The name could actually be wrong. In the evening in BKK (morning in the States) I've wired both to my name, and at other times, to my wife's name (in English), and the money is always there in the morning.

I don't know the answer to your second question, I just go to the ATM and take out the money and view my balance.

If you are confirming your transfer of two small amounts for your bank in USA then you will need to call bank and will talk to a person not a machine. I have set up sms messages that they will send details of any transfer so you can try that instead unless you are in USA. If you have internet banking then you can calculate what the original amounts were relatively easily. Note the time of the actual transfer and get the correct TT exchange for that time from the BKK bank website.

It's also possible to set your BB account up to send an SMS automatically to your Thai phone everytime your account receives a transfer from abroad. That SMS show the details of the amount received in dollars, the Thai baht amount credited, and the conversion rate. You have to enable this service via phone call. It can't be enabled online. If you have enabled the SMS before your initial, identifying deposits from abroad, you will have all the info you need for your US bank and won't need to call BB.

It's also possible to set your BB account up to send an SMS automatically to your Thai phone everytime your account receives a transfer from abroad. That SMS show the details of the amount received in dollars, the Thai baht amount credited, and the conversion rate. You have to enable this service via phone call. It can't be enabled online. If you have enabled the SMS before your initial, identifying deposits from abroad, you will have all the info you need for your US bank and won't need to call BB.

Exactly the best way to do it, don't have depend upon operators and it is automatic so in the future so you will always be able to keep track of exactly what exchange rate you are getting