how to you explain a man walked on the moon

opalred

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

...so whats so difficult about landing on the moon?

even had a landing (unmanned) on mars. As far as the moon goes, there is a reflector that was physically placed there....

several other missions flew near..or orbited. they can't all be fake.

you guys are really out of touch.

Edited by slipperylobster

even had a landing (unmanned) on mars. As far as the moon goes, there is a reflector that was physically placed there....

several other missions flew near..or orbited. they can't all be fake.

you guys are really out of touch.

Don't be too hard on them I believe they stopped teaching critical thinking skills in Western schools a while back.tongue.png

Apollo Missions 11, 14 and 15 planted laser ranging retroreflectors on the Moon. Various observatories around the world such as the Wettzel station in Barvaria, Germany send laser signals to these reflectors to monitor the moon's orbit. The Russians landed several unmanned rovers on the moon with similar laser ranging reflectors.

This is not something easily faked.

Perhaps it is just the critical thinking mechanism that she was taught in school finally clicking in and not believing everything she has been been told or seen on Thai television. There is such a thing as empirical reasoning. Until she has experienced it herself it does not exist. ...............facepalm.gif

Perhaps it is just the critical thinking mechanism that she was taught in school finally clicking in and not believing everything she has been been told or seen on Thai television. There is such a thing as empirical reasoning. Until she has experienced it herself it does not exist. ...............facepalm.gif

I quite agree. Afterall, the only thing that we can be certain of, is that we exist. Cogito etc....

Everything else is 'outside' & may be a dream.

Indeed, this whole forum could just be a clever computer & every other member, part of a program.

Edited by faraday

I quite agree. Afterall, the only thing that we can be certain of, is that we exist. Cogito etc....

Everything else is 'outside' & may be a dream.

Indeed, this whole forum could just be a clever computer & every other member, part of a program.

Can I delete some?

Haha this came into conversation with my girlfriend last week.. I was talking about people have travelled to the moon. She looked confused and said "but that's just fake photos" with a serious face..

Ah ok, back to your soaps then

Don't be too hard on them I believe they stopped teaching critical thinking skills in Western schools a while back.tongue.png

There is absolutely no question that NASA has published faked (or questionable) photos of the moon landings.

Shadows showing multiple light sources, grid lines on the lens going behind objects on the moon, photos duplicating backgrounds from different missions in different locations.

So why would they do that?

As I say, I'm not convinced they landed on the moon, because the fake photos cast doubt on everything they say they did.

Now I know a lot of the sheep without critical thinking ability want to believe everything the US government tell them, but it's not as if the US government hasn't been caught out lying before.

There is absolutely no question that NASA has published faked (or questionable) photos of the moon landings.

Shadows showing multiple light sources, grid lines on the lens going behind objects on the moon, photos duplicating backgrounds from different missions in different locations.

So why would they do that?

As I say, I'm not convinced they landed on the moon, because the fake photos cast doubt on everything they say they did.

Now I know a lot of the sheep without critical thinking ability want to believe everything the US government tell them, but it's not as if the US government hasn't been caught out lying before.

1. More than 1.3 million students drop out of high school every year in the US.
2. More than 20% of dropouts are foreign born. Another 17% are Hispanic students.
3. More high school dropouts are likely to believe NASA did not land on the moon.
4. A high-school dropout is ineligible for 90% of jobs in America.
5. Kids who don't read proficiently by 4th grade are 4 times likelier to drop out of school.

i think its a fighting fact to push with wife

as just returned a day trip with over 100 people dressed in white from local temple

to give luck to a small temple in the mountains in north on burma border

the road was so steep and winding the clouds were below us in the end

i joked we will soon be on the moon if we keep going

have you been fronted by a mob of old women in white staring at you

the moon means alot to them as wife never misses going to temple on full moon

so i think its flogging a dead horse

You need to do some research. Your girls correct and nasa even admitted some pics were fake. The faked pics were obviously fakes and the others were hard to proove but it's thought they are also fake.

I wondered how long it was going to take to get to that nonsense. Ye gods.

The tides are controlled by the gravity of the moon is a good topic to discuss with your Thai girl. See the look on her face when you tell her that shit.

Lets face it half of the Thai population thinks that the world stops at the border ,let alone know about if man has walked on the moon

I taught many years in Thai schools and have never met a Thai person who thought the world ended at the border. Especially since there is a globe in every classroom.
Come on I did not mean it literally,,it was a generalization

Lets face it half of the Thai population thinks that the world stops at the border ,let alone know about if man has walked on the moon

I taught many years in Thai schools and have never met a Thai person who thought the world ended at the border. Especially since there is a globe in every classroom.

A generalization of what? Thais are more ignorant than the folks who think the moon landing was a fake? I don't think so.
First I think conspiracy theorists,just need to keep wearing the tin hats,as for Thai people I love it here and do not wish to denegrate them ,but I have been here 10 years living full time before that I had business here and was here living 23 years ago ,and many many Thai people are very unaware of anything that has gone on in the world and on the whole the level of education is abysmal ,sorry if the truth hurts ,in many ways its not their fault

Funny really, as I have been asked on two separate occasions in the past "what's the Moon like where you come from" and "Is the Sun the same there" ? (possibly this one is about the heat) kind of makes you think if some individuals believe we actually come from another Planet.

A generalization of what? Thais are more ignorant than the folks who think the moon landing was a fake? I don't think so.
First I think conspiracy theorists,just need to keep wearing the tin hats,as for Thai people I love it here and do not wish to denegrate them ,but I have been here 10 years living full time before that I had business here and was here living 23 years ago ,and many many Thai people are very unaware of anything that has gone on in the world and on the whole the level of education is abysmal ,sorry if the truth hurts ,in many ways its not their fault

The truth would only hurt if one compared education levels of people who thought the moon landings were faked. I find it odd to talk about the Thai education system being abysmal in a thread with Western educated (if that is possible) fellows discussing if the moon landings were faked.

The two kids Thai next door know Neil Armstrong was the first man on the moon and he was from America. They are 6 and 10 years old.

Below is a photo of Neil Armstrong visiting Surin. Sorry to disappoint you but most Thai children read about Armstrong.

Edit to add. I thought you people might think I faked the photo so here is a video too.

post-232807-0-64333000-1439174635_thumb.

Edited by lostoday

The truth would only hurt if one compared education levels of people who thought the moon landings were faked. I find it odd to talk about the Thai education system being abysmal in a thread with Western educated (if that is possible) fellows discussing if the moon landings were faked.

Degree+Postgrad, all my pals in the UK had at least a degree, we were about 50/50 on the faked/true moon discussions.

As I said, I'm not convinced they landed on the moon (which is different to don't believe)

I'm not convinced about God or Evolution either.

But can argue either side much better than most of the believers/non-believers.

Educational level really doesn't relate to credibility levels.

But does enhance your ability to produce a coherent argument.

Most of your posts on the subject seem irrelevant.

I'm only to assume age and dementia play their part.

What you taught in schools over 30 years ago .......<deleted>?

Edited by MaeJoMTB

Degree+Postgrad, all my pals in the UK had at least a degree, we were about 50/50 on the faked/true moon discussions.

As I said, I'm not convinced they landed on the moon (which is different to don't believe)

I'm not convinced about God or Evolution either.

But can argue either side much better than most of the believers/non-believers.

Educational level really doesn't relate to credibility levels.

But does enhance your ability to produce a coherent argument.

Most of your posts on the subject seem irrelevant.

I'm only to assume age and dementia play their part.

What you taught in schools over 30 years ago .......<deleted>?

God and evolution ceased to be meaningful subjects in college in the 1890's. You must be older than I thought. wai2.gif

I wasn't going to compare UK degrees with Thai Prathom students but since you brought it up. I met one drunk in a bar in Thailand who thought the moon landings were fake he also went on and on about Perry finding a tunnel to the middle of the earth or some such thing.

The existence of god and evolution and fake moon shots are not the subject of any college courses I know of. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The Thais I know all are aware that an American landed on the moon. They have a poster in almost every grade school classroom that has a photo of it. College in the UK I don't know. I would be interested if you have any information on college courses on the fake moon landings.cheesy.gif