Is this the best value in Pattaya? BBQ seafood and unlimited Beer. B399

johninbkk

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen guys, the op went with his family and really enjoyed it and thought it was good value. A recommendation that's all to fellow TV members. Why so negative suggesting its his wife's restaurant jeez

I'm over next week, I'll deffo take the Mrs to try it out and I'll post back here what it was like.

Reminds me of a place in Budapest city centre where for about the equivalent of £12 you could eat and drink ALL you wanted inc champagne lol for 2 hrs. We tipped our waitress and stayed 3 hrs. Going there again Sept 15 :-)

Will try this place out on Sukhumvit, opposite Makro thanks mate

this is the OK restaurant that I mentioned recently where they had and still have excellent dim sum at a promotional B39 a steamer. Fresh and very good. It is Chinese owned and their market is the Chinese tourist coaches therefore sometimes busy lunchtimes. Our typical Pattaya Chinese tourists drink water. Great value indeed.

Sounds too good to be true doesn't it.

Low season at the moment so enjoy it while you can. Likely it's popularity will improve and prices will go up, and the unlimited policy change.

I would not want to share a buffet with Chinese tourist coach groups though.

Not much point arriving after them either unless you are cleaning staff.

Be sure to let us know if this free advertisement on thaivisa.com resulted in an uptick of customers for your wife's restaurant.

Some people cannot stop themselves from being miserable ars£holes. Pack up and go be miserable in the farang land you come from. The guy is just letting others know where they can go and enjoy themselves and get a good deal

Enjoy it while it lasts.

They'll soon figure out they can make more money if they take cost out of the product and the quality and selection will take a nosedive.

In fact, at 399 a head, I suspect they'll find out they're going broke- based on the cost of the stuff in your photos.

But post back occasionally to let us know if it's still as good next time I come to Pattaya for a weekend.... Looks great.

We are going down on 22nd so I will check it out for sure.

Be sure to let us know if this free advertisement on thaivisa.com resulted in an uptick of customers for your wife's restaurant.

Some people cannot stop themselves from being miserable ars£holes. Pack up and go be miserable in the farang land you come from. The guy is just letting others know where they can go and enjoy themselves and get a good deal

You are right they got nothing else to do but pull others down. I thank the guy for his recommendation.

You are right they got nothing else to do but pull others down. I thank the guy for his recommendation.

Correct.

]

I just wanted to share, AND, support the owner who is putting on a great relaxing care free evening. I didn't mention there is also live music, AND, I also forgot to inform the meat lovers, they do have marinated pork and chicken.

Yahoo!

Hope to meet some of you there. I'll buy you a beer

LOL

hours of operation please?????????????

Sorry, no idea.

But I assume being the BBQ style I so often see they tend to operate late arvo till late.7 days.

I'm guessing..

Oh! I must mention, it's behind the OK restaurant, just yards behind. Hard to miss.

Beer was Chang - Draft, They served by the jug. and yes, the waiter didn't do me any favours. I left with a sway, but so, so happy. There is NO limit. There's no holding back here. Bye the way, the service was excellent. I tipped him 200B, Hmm! I must have been a little pissed. LOL.

Yahoo, support so I can visit on a regular basis. Oh! Children only 189. but no beer. LOL.

And the price for adults is ?

399 baht ??????????????????????coffee1.gif

touchy na

Beer was Chang - Draft, They served by the jug. and yes, the waiter didn't do me any favours. I left with a sway, but so, so happy. There is NO limit. There's no holding back here. Bye the way, the service was excellent. I tipped him 200B, Hmm! I must have been a little pissed. LOL.

Yahoo, support so I can visit on a regular basis. Oh! Children only 189. but no beer. LOL.

BBQ seafood and unlimited Beer. B399gigglem.gif

Total price 399 + 20.000 DUI and 1 month jail. Now come on police do your job and stand outside that restaurant. Let them drive 1 meter and lock them up.

Besides that promotion alcohol is now also against the law for bars and restaurants. Any schools nearby?

BBQ seafood and unlimited Beer. B399gigglem.gif

Total price 399 + 20.000 DUI and 1 month jail. Now come on police do your job and stand outside that restaurant. Let them drive 1 meter and lock them up.

Besides that promotion alcohol is now also against the law for bars and restaurants. Any schools nearby?

Oh the envy.

Sorry, no idea.

But I assume being the BBQ style I so often see they tend to operate late arvo till late.7 days.

I'm guessing..

Oh! I must mention, it's behind the OK restaurant, just yards behind. Hard to miss.

Thanks for the tip !!! I love buffets...Is this one of those places where you cook yourself at your table, using some hot charcoals ?

Sorry, no idea.

I'm guessing..

Thanks for the tip !!! I love buffets...Is this one of those places where you cook yourself at your table, using some hot charcoals ?

Do you see the photos of all the Bain Maries? That means the food is cooked and being kept warm. Jeesh!

Sorry, no idea.

I'm guessing..

Do you see the photos of all the Bain Maries? That means the food is cooked and being kept warm. Jeesh!

Oh my god, I notice just now also.

We will have to inform them right away that ICE in bain maries with cooked food is a big no no to keep it warm.

We will have to inform them right away that ICE in bain maries with cooked food is a big no no to keep it warm.

That's not a Bain Marie, it's a blue plastic tub, I know it's not too easy to tell them apart, what with one being shiny stainless steel and the other blue plastic.

That's not a Bain Marie, it's a blue plastic tub, I know it's not too easy to tell them apart, what with one being shiny stainless steel and the other blue plastic.

So how do they do it at Hilton, Dusit Thani, Royal Cliff or other 5 star hotel restaurants?

So how do they do it at Hilton, Dusit Thani, Royal Cliff or other 5 star hotel restaurants?

How do they do what?

How do they do what?

Keep their buffet food warm.

If it was so yikes, I think 5 star hotel restaurants wouldn't do it.

How do they do what?

Keep their buffet food warm.

If it was so yikes, I think 5 star hotel restaurants wouldn't do it.

You do know what a Bain Marie is? All the buffets that I've ever been to keep their cooked food warm in Bain Maries, unless they also have a carvery or a cook your own steak, or they do it for you.

You do know what a Bain Marie is? All the buffets that I've ever been to keep their cooked food warm in Bain Maries, unless they also have a carvery or a cook your own steak, or they do it for you.

I reread your original comment, where I was mistaken that you considered that food in bain maries is Jeesh, you just wanted to ridicule the question of the other poster where he asked if the food was cooked at the table.

Since all the seafood is on ice, it is not clear though if it is cooked on request or by the customer himself at the table, so the other poster had a very valid question.

Edited by Anthony5

I reread your original comment, where I was mistaken that you considered that food in bain maries is Jeesh, you just wanted to ridicule the question of the other poster where he asked if the food was cooked at the table.

Since all the seafood is on ice, it is not clear though if it is cooked on request or by the customer himself at the table, so the other poster had a very valid question.

Sorry, I could be wrong, but I have never heard of, or been to a buffet where you need to cook your own food. I have been to Korean restaurants where the meat was raw and you had to cook it yourself, but I didn't consider that a buffet. Even if the seafood has been cooked, like prawns, it can still be kept on ice. If I'm wrong, I apologise.

Sorry, I could be wrong, but I have never heard of, or been to a buffet where you need to cook your own food. I have been to Korean restaurants where the meat was raw and you had to cook it yourself, but I didn't consider that a buffet. Even if the seafood has been cooked, like prawns, it can still be kept on ice. If I'm wrong, I apologise.

Such places are common here. There must be dozens of them in and around Pattaya, usually priced between 200B and 400B, depending on the quality of the food. Usually a mixture of raw things you can cook over coals or in soup at your table, or at a larger BBQ station, and things that are pre-cooked and served in trays. Also salads, fruit etc.

This place is the same style only it includes the beer.