60 day tourist visa extension

Hi everyone,

I tried searching on the site and the more that I look, the more confused I get.

I came to Bangkok on the 26th of July but my tourist visa (60 day with 2 multiple 60 day entry)was issued June 18.

1- when do I need to extend my visa, 60 days from June 18 or 60 days from July 26?

2- can someone recommend a company to use for a Cambodia visa run and a way to contact them? I'm staying in Bangkok.

All help is greatly appreciated,

Gilligan

Take a look to the entry stamp on your passport, it says "admitted until" , I believe the date would be the 24th of september. Please be informed that you can extend you 60 days of further 30 days at the local immigration Office

Edited by Siriam

You extend the 60 day entry you got when you entered the country not your visa. A visa cannot be extended.

You will need to do the 30 day extension prior to the admitted until date on the entry stamp in your passport.

What is the enter before date on you visa. You must use the 2nd entry of your visa prior to that date.

This company does border runs to the Cambodia border. http://www.thaivisaservice.com

• Like 2

whistling.gif When you arrived in Thailand you were given a stamped "permitted to stay until" date that should have been 60 days after your arrival.,

If you go to your local immigration office before that stamped date you will be given another 30 day extension from that date to stay in Thailand.

The fee for that extension will be 1900 Baht.

The 30 day extension starts form that "stamped permitted to stay date" you were given on entry to Thailand.

Edited by IMA_FARANG

Wow, thanks so much everyone. I'll double check my passport but I'm pretty sure that it says till December 18, 2015. This is 6 months from the date the visa was issued. It is a 60 day visa with 2 x 60 day multiple entries which brings me to December 2015.

I went to the immigration complex in Bangkok 2 days ago and was told that they could do it there for 1900 baht, but he said it would only be for 30 days. He recommended that I leave and come back and that way I get 60 days.

Whether you get the 30 day extension or not depends upon how long you want to stay.

You can get a total stay of almost 6 months by getting the 30 day extension for each entry.

My understanding is that I have a maximum of 2 more entries so if I get a 30 day extension for each that would only give me 2 months total vs 4 months by leaving and re-entry.

I think that I may be missing something here

You only get 2 entries from your tourist visa. You only have one more you can do.

If you extend your current entry by 30 days that gives you 90 days of total stay without leaving the country. Then before the 30 day extension ends you will need to leave the country to use the 2nd entry that you can then extend it by 30 days giving another 90 days.

• Like 1

Whether you get the 30 day extension or not depends upon how long you want to stay.

You can get a total stay of almost 6 months by getting the 30 day extension for each entry.

My understanding is that I have a maximum of 2 more entries so if I get a 30 day extension for each that would only give me 2 months total vs 4 months by leaving and re-entry.

I think that I may be missing something here

Have a look at your visa sticker . There are two important things to note

1. The expiry or "enter before date"

2 The No. of entry's the visa permits. A tourist visa will indicate "S" for a single entry , "2" for two permitted entry's or "3" for three permitted entity's.

All entries have to be made before or on the "enter before date.

On entry to the country the immigration officer will place a stamp in your passport which allows a 60 day stay which can be extended by 30 days at an immigration office for a fee of 1900 Bht. You have to leave the country on or before 6o dys or if an extension is obtained 90 days.

For those holding double/triple entry tourist visas re-entering the country will result in anther 60 day permission to stay which can, again be extended.

Hi Gilligan

You asked about a visa run. I went to see Tanya at Bangkok Buddy for this.

She was very helpful and knowledgeable.

<contact by PM for contact info>

Edited by ubonjoe
removed phone number and email address not allowed by forum rules

Wow, thanks so much everyone. I'll double check my passport but I'm pretty sure that it says till December 18, 2015. This is 6 months from the date the visa was issued. It is a 60 day visa with 2 x 60 day multiple entries which brings me to December 2015.

I went to the immigration complex in Bangkok 2 days ago and was told that they could do it there for 1900 baht, but he said it would only be for 30 days. He recommended that I leave and come back and that way I get 60 days.

"I'll double check my passport but I'm pretty sure that it says till December 18, 2015"

That's when your visa expires ... you need to make your second entry before then.

You need to look at the stamp you got from the immigrations officer when you entered the country. That shows how long you can stay in the country on your first entry. You must either leave or get an extension before the date shown on the hand stamp put in your passport.

The visa allows you to enter the country only. The immigrations stamp permits you to remain in the country and shows you how long that permission to stay is.

You have to keep an eye on two different dates. The visa expiration and the permission to stay expiration. Not the same thing.

Edited by Suradit69

OK, my bad. I now see my confusion. I see the stamp when I arrived (on July 26, 2015) that was stamped on my visa. On a separate page, there is another stamp with July 26 admitted until September 23, 2015!

So if I understand you, I have until September 23, 2015 to make a visa run and my overall stay expires on December 17, 2015 as indicated on my visa.

Please confirm but I think I can relax for now. Thanks for your patience!

You must leave the country on or before September 23rd or apply for a 30 day extension.

The 30 day extension would allow to stay until the 23rd of October. Then you would need to leave an re-enter the country to use the 2nd entry of that would give you a new 60 day entry that you can extend for another 30 days.

December 17th is the last day you can use your visa for another entry it is not the last day you can be in the country.

Just to stress once again:

• You use a visa to enter the country. For a tourist visa, you have an enter before date which specifies the last date you can use the visa to enter the country. You also have a number of entries which specifies the maximum number of times (one, two or three) you can use the visa to enter the country. The enter before date and number of entries are clearly indicated on the visa.
  • When you enter Thailand, you receive a permission to stay that specifies a permitted to stay until date. You must either leave by that date or get an extension of your permission to stay. For a tourist visa, you are entitled to a single automatic extension of 30 days on each entry. The stamp in your passport on entry gives the permitted to stay until date. The stamp in your passport for an extension (if any) gives the revised permitted to stay date.

Terminology is important, as is not confusing a visa and a permission to stay.