want to change networks ,how long does it take ?

finally thrown in the towel on ais

have a choice of dtag or true

both full strength in my area :)

my internet and voice package is valid until the 15th but id like to change to a new providor ASAP because of being consistent;y overcharged

and customer service tells me il get credited next month for the stolen credit etc but i never get the credit back :(

ive read old stories about 3 days downtime between a network port but they were from 2011 etc

is there still such crazy delays ? i cant be offline or uncontactable for 3+ days and dont want to change my number either if i dont have to

is this still the how they do things or has it been modernised ?

Are you pre-paid or post-paid with your current provider?

If the process is smooth (clean account, accurate ownership records) it should take three business days (not including a holiday like this Wed., or weekends).

You should initiate the process today.

You should be contactable for all but a few minutes, either on the old provider, or the new one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was on Dtac but got a bit tired of their spotty signal while travelling here up north.

True has promotion if you move networks with 12 months 50% off any plan. I took 5 GB and 300 mins for 700 or something which is now half price. They do all network transfer for you, took a couple of days.

Archived