'Anna Reese' rejects Bt6.2mil settlement sought by dead cop’s family

webfact

I would never had considered any amount of money, i would rather he gone to prison instead, if the police had charged her for the crime then she would have offered the said amount, what happened to all the tears and Buddha, and everything else, she is full of crap, like most others in her shoe's

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it was a young biker that was in question here, what would the settlement be...?

Why is the payout from insurance capped at 1.2mn? The policies cost the same as the west?

The offence is worth more than 5mn...someone died. This is the start of evening up Thai society.

Because life here is cheap, I have seen as little as 100,000 paid for a wrong full death, eg a tourist European killed by an elephant at a elephant show was paid out a 180,00 after refusing. 100,000..

The only the thing the family are thinking is rich bitch, and the same happens to all farangs here involved in tragic accidents, not saying she is a farang but is viewed the same as you and I would be.. Been there done that got the t shirt, lucky for me and thank god the guy did not die, walked away pretty unscathed but boy was I hounded for money.

I will start with what a Thai Judge told me in Thai Court: - "Do you realise this is Thailand?"

Furthermore I absolutely refuse to put a price on a human life. Anywhere.

Next question has to be asked - whether this lady had a comprehensive car insurance.

Judging that she was driving a Mercedes - I assume she did.

TIT being what it is - somehow the Thai Insurance company values this victim's life at 1.2 M baht.

Bingo! This lady ups it to 2.0 M baht out of her pocket! Do not know why, but it is decent...

Any other considerations?

Please Note: victims wife, two kids, their education, pain and suffering, etc. - all this is Insurance Company's business!

If there are criminal circumstances involved - like this Reese woman was under the influence or something else - she should go to jail.

If not - why so much hate here in poster's remarks?

Edited by ABCer