THAI WIFE/MARRAIGE VISA RENEWAL

I will go to renew my Thai Wife extension in a few days and wanted to double check the checklist. Here is my most updated list:

1. Application form T.M. 7 with one photograph size 4x6 cm. and Visa Fee 1900.-Baht
2. Copy Marriage Certificate
3. Copy Kor Ror 2 from amphur office
4. Child's birth certificate (if any)
5. Copy wife’s house registration
6. Copy wife’s identity card
7. Copy passport, non-Im visa, arrival card.
8. Interview the husband and wife for confirming status of husband and wife
9. Map to residency
10. Picture of house and family, in house and outside showing house number.

11. 400k in bank for 3 months (my name only)

12. Letter from bank confirming above

I try to keep up, but has there possibly been anything else added to the list that I might have missed...?

Thanking you in advance.

1 thai witness with id card, tabian ban, 2x photos together with the witness, if your marriage is childless

your birth certificate recently read about two cases, it depends of course on the officer.

tm 30 @ rental contract, sales contract for your residence

wbr

roobaa01

1 thai witness with id card, tabian ban, 2x photos together with the witness, if your marriage is childless

your birth certificate recently read about two cases, it depends of course on the officer.

tm 30 @ rental contract, sales contract for your residence

wbr

roobaa01

Not all offices require a witness.

If they are living where his wife's house book is for a rental contract would not be needed.

Many offices do not ask for the TM30.

• Like 1

Hi UbonJoe,

We will be going to Chiang Wattana, Bkk (as we have done continuoisly for the past 12 years).

We have never needed a witness (however...TIT)

We own our Condo (same Condo 12 years)...I have my Yellow Book, Wife has her Book

We have a daughter with Thai Birth Certificate and Thai ID Card

Are we 'good to go'...?

New on my list.

13. Copy house book from residence (signed by owner and a signed copy of their ID Card, as this may not be the wife in some cases) or rental contract.
14: Copy of the letter from the MFA showing you were able to marry

Also Samui immigrations want a new Kor ror 2 from the Amphur every year.

New on my list.

13. Copy house book from residence (signed by owner and a signed copy of their ID Card, as this may not be the wife in some cases) or rental contract.

14: Copy of the letter from the MFA showing you were able to marry

Also Samui immigrations want a new Kor ror 2 from the Amphur every year.

He is doing his extension at Chaeng Wattana.

13. You need to add. Not needed if living in your own home or condo.

14. Not all offices want that for an extension. Some only want it for the first extension. I think you mean the affirmation of permit to marry you got to register your marriage.

Most offices want an updated Kor Ror 2. I have my wife get a new one very year. Not sure my office really want it but best to get one rather than finding out immigration has changed their mind and wanted one.

I got non immigrant O with Thai child but in NZ embassy, needed my passport , Thai child birth certificate showing name of father, address in thailand of my rented house, 2 photos fill out application form, copy of mothers ID, no money in bank needed to be shown. Twice now for multiple one year entry.

Must be harder in LOS. Fee $250 NZ.

I got non immigrant O with Thai child but in NZ embassy, needed my passport , Thai child birth certificate showing name of father, address in thailand of my rented house, 2 photos fill out application form, copy of mothers ID, no money in bank needed to be shown. Twice now for multiple one year entry.

Must be harder in LOS. Fee $250 NZ.

This thread is about extenstions of stay which can only be obtained in Thailand and are NOT "VISAS"

You have a visa which if single entry will only permit a stay of 90 days. A multiple entry visa allows, for a one year period, successive 90 day entries which require a person to leave the country at the end of each 90 day period.

Having just got my 1yr extension based on marriage from Chaeng Wattana, I can confirm the 400k bank book requirement has indeed gone down to 2 months prior to application.

The bank letter,[bt100] and book update, should be sorted on the same day as app.

Easy enough due to most major banks being positioned in the basement.

Due to the way the dice rolled, we fortunately ended up with the same friendly lady officer as per the last 4 yrs.

Time spent sorting the stuff; 5 min. Followed by 10 min. chat with the Mrs. She was glad not to be on the 30 day extension counter. And no wonder after seeing some of the scruffy blimps waiting.

She was fully aware she looked damned smart, in tailord uniform with knife edged creases.

But back to the mundane stuff.

CW require a min of 4 pics, preferably 5. Both of you should be in all pics.

Outside house showing number / Inside yard etc / Living room / Kitchen / Bedroom, sitting on bed, showing open wardrobe with his and her clothes.

I kid you not..

• Like 1

Just arrived in LOS on my first marriage visa, can somebody tell me the process from here on?

Do I need to apply for anything or do I just run out my 9mths Or is it 12, before applying for for all of the above?

Also do I need to physically do a border run every 3 mths or do I just go down to the local Amphur with the wife?

Thanks!

Just arrived in LOS on my first marriage visa, can somebody tell me the process from here on?

Do I need to apply for anything or do I just run out my 9mths Or is it 12, before applying for for all of the above?

Also do I need to physically do a border run every 3 mths or do I just go down to the local Amphur with the wife?

Thanks!

You apparently have a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage. You have to leave the country every 90 day to get a new entry,

You can apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage at an immigration office during the last 30 days of any of the 90 day entries you get from the visa. You do not have to wait for your visa to expire.

An Amphoe has nothing to do with visas or extensions immigration handles them.

OK have to ask seen this mentioned everywhere what is a Kor Ror 2 thanks new to all this

Kor Ror 2 is a copy of the ledger entry that the amphur records (and you get a copy) when you get married. Kor Ror 3 is the colourful marriage certificate. Most immigration offices want an updated Kor Ror 2 which is not more than six months old which you can get each year at the amphur for 10 or 20 baht which you can include in your supporting documentation you apply for a new extension of stay based on marriage .

Edited by mxyzptlk

Thanks for explaining that so do I have to go to amphur where we registered marriage (chonburi) we will be living in Khon Kaen when the next renewal comes around????

I think the KR2 can be obtained at any amphur.

Edited by mxyzptlk

Just redid our (my) non-O at Chochensao last week so not sure if it will happen for others but, we had to bring mom again as they were required to take a photo with 1 of the diligent immigration staff interviewing the 3 of us. They also required my wife and I to sign 2 forms, 1 stating that we were aware of the new penalties for overstay and the other stating that we understood how and why said visa (extension) could be nullified.