90-Day Report Online... Yes!

FolkGuitar

I thought the purpose of the 90 day report was so that they would know where you're living but they don't even require your address when you do it online interesting

You do have to enter your address on the second page before it gets to pending.
Thanks for that

Sent from my LG g3

Thanks but that's all my browser brings up and it is Internet Explorer strange

Sent from my LG g3

That's because you have to fill in the information on the first page, hit enter, then it goes to the next page.

But only if it accepts the information that is entered in the first page. If any errors on that page or if you are not in the database it will not go to the 2nd page and usually will get a message contact your immigration office.

Thanks but that's all my browser brings up and it is Internet Explorer strange

Sent from my LG g3

That's because you have to fill in the information on the first page, hit enter, then it goes to the next page.

But only if it accepts the information that is entered in the first page. If any errors on that page or if you are not in the database it will not go to the 2nd page and usually will get a message contact your immigration office.

Many thanks after I added the captcha and hit submit it told me to see the Immigration office did not take me to page - there were no errors and when I went down to do my 90 day in person they told me I was now in the computer whatever that means and I would be able to complete it next time many thanks for your explanation

Sent from my LG g3

Surely if you make the report online and its accepted in the "pending" stage. You have done your part and its up to immigration to complete the process. If it takes the 1 month or more for them to do it or not all its not your fault. I dont see how you could be fined or blamed for immigration not doing their job.

Try telling that to immigration.

90-day is a strange requirement. It doesn't pay the government (directly), because there is no associated fee. There's no evidence anyone really cares about what address is submitted. It's possible to circumvent the process entirely by leaving the country on a regular basis. All it seems to do is employ too few government processors and aggravate mostly long-stay ex-pats. It's been suggested, and logic would seem to bear this out, that the only people who actually benefit are the services that charge for facilitating the unnecessary bureaucracy. One might further wonder, if one were curious, who is further up that money stream.

90-day is a strange requirement. It doesn't pay the government (directly), because there is no associated fee. There's no evidence anyone really cares about what address is submitted. It's possible to circumvent the process entirely by leaving the country on a regular basis. All it seems to do is employ too few government processors and aggravate mostly long-stay ex-pats. It's been suggested, and logic would seem to bear this out, that the only people who actually benefit are the services that charge for facilitating the unnecessary bureaucracy. One might further wonder, if one were curious, who is further up that money stream.

On a 90 day report your address should be on the TM47. If you leave the country and reenter, your address should be on a TM6.