Chaos at Don Mueang airport as Nok Air's computer crash strands passengers for hours

webfact

Chaos at Don Mueang airport as Nok Air's computer crash strands passengers for hours

Screenshot_2015-08-12-12-38-19-wpcf_728x

BANGKOK: -- Don Muang international airport turned chaotic early this morning when hundreds of passengers could not check in for their morning flights of Nok Air after its computer crashed.

The crash caused the airline’s all flights which were scheduled to depart the airport from 6.00-8.00 am to be stranded and could not take off, causing its passengers to complain of the delays.

Passenger queues waiting for turns to check in at Nok Air counters since 4 am stretched longer and longer and later obstructed traffic inside the airport.

Nok Air chief executive Patee Darasin was alerted of the crash and later posted on his Twitter at 8 am apologising for the inconvenience and flight delays from the computer crash, saying the problem was being fixed.

At 8.30 am he tweeted again saying the problem has been fixed and the system is now back normal.

He apologised again for the inconvenience, saying he wished not to see it happen but it still happened, and he felt bad about it.

He said he woke up at 4 am and was very upset for what happened, adding this would serve as a reminder for Nok Air to learn and resolve in future.

Nok Air later officially apologised on Twitter saying “We apologize for the computer system crash this morning and the delays especially on Mother’s Day … Really sorry about this #nokair.”.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/chaos-at-don-muang-airport-as-nok-airs-computer-crash-strands-passengers-for-hours

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-08-12

Nok Air to compensate affected passengers for delays

162534-wpcf_728x411.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Nok Air chief executive Patee Sarasin said today that the airline is considering compensation for passengers who were affected by its computer crash this morning that caused several flights to delay.

The chief executive said the airline was gathering names of passengers affected by flight delays and they will be compensated.

He expected to work out the compensation measure by tomorrow and will notify the affected passengers afterwards for compensation.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/nok-air-to-compensate-affected-passengers-for-delays

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-08-12

Really Really Really sorry.

Compensation ?? Really Really Really sorry.

And the boss woke upset cheesy.gif

In Nok airs defence a few years ago i was booked in a Nok flexi or what ever the more expensive seats are called and they had over booked the flight and i was bumped to a normal priced seat on that flifht and they gave me a single leg credit ie a one way ticket to anywhere in Thailand on Nok

So once again an all knowing TV farang expert posting crap again

In Nok airs defence a few years ago i was booked in a Nok flexi or what ever the more expensive seats are called and they had over booked the flight and i was bumped to a normal priced seat on that flifht and they gave me a single leg credit ie a one way ticket to anywhere in Thailand on Nok

Yes, and also this:-

"BANGKOK: -- Nok Air chief executive Patee Sarasin said today that the airline is considering compensation for passengers who were affected by its computer crash this morning that caused several flights to delay.

The chief executive said the airline was gathering names of passengers affected by flight delays and they will be compensated.

He expected to work out the compensation measure by tomorrow and will notify the affected passengers afterwards for compensation."

Some people just can't wait, can they?

In other news Nok Air executives announced that the company was currently negotiating the purchase of brand new check-in system software with the owner of Winthai Superstore, Miss Mam, in Bangkok's Panthip Plaza, insisting that the new system software will be "100% genuine and legitimate and work without a hitch".

Yes, and also this:-

"BANGKOK: -- Nok Air chief executive Patee Sarasin said today that the airline is considering compensation for passengers who were affected by its computer crash this morning that caused several flights to delay.

He expected to work out the compensation measure by tomorrow and will notify the affected passengers afterwards for compensation."

Some people just can't wait, can they?

What? Wait? And lose a chance to trash Thais... u should know, some TV posters by now...

Chaos at Don Mueang airport?

When isn't there chaos at Don Mueang airport.....

Some of you just can't resist making unfounded remarks against all that is Thai! I use Don Mueng several times a year and have never found it to be chaotic. Even the long taxi queues disperse quickly. I remember the days of low cost travel from Luton and Gatwick, in the UK, with endless delays in high season and the only place to sleep being the floor! Don Mueng is a paradise in comparison!

162534-wpcf_728x411.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Nok Air chief executive Patee Sarasin said today that the airline is considering compensation for passengers who were affected by its computer crash this morning that caused several flights to delay.

He expected to work out the compensation measure by tomorrow and will notify the affected passengers afterwards for compensation.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/nok-air-to-compensate-affected-passengers-for-delays

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2015-08-12

so means, this airline dont know names of their passengers per flight ?

So means this airline is no memeber of IATA or similar,

which have compensation standards ß

Is this just a bush - jungle - related airline ??

No safety controls by any authority and so on ??

Some of you just can't resist making unfounded remarks against all that is Thai! I use Don Mueng several times a year and have never found it to be chaotic. Even the long taxi queues disperse quickly. I remember the days of low cost travel from Luton and Gatwick, in the UK, with endless delays in high season and the only place to sleep being the floor! Don Mueng is a paradise in comparison!

Dont include me in the 'Always making unfounded remarks against all that is Thai' brigade. I happen to love living in Thailand, it's people and its way of life - I'm of the thinking I'm not from here and if I dont like it I can bugger off.

I say what I say as I use Don Muaeng on a regular basis and the majority of the time when I'm there it's chaos.

162534-wpcf_728x411.jpg

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2015-08-12

Another all knowing farang talking poo as usual, if you dont know what Nok Air is then do you even live in Thailand ?

Or a 2 week Millionaire who comes over to get felt up by one of the natives

Dont include me in the 'Always making unfounded remarks against all that is Thai' brigade. I happen to love living in Thailand, it's people and its way of life - I'm of the thinking I'm not from here and if I dont like it I can bugger off.

I say what I say as I use Don Muaeng on a regular basis and the majority of the time when I'm there it's chaos.

I am in and out that airport at least twice a month and can say i have ever seen chaos, ia it busy at times ? yes....chaos ? No....i

162534-wpcf_728x411.jpg

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2015-08-12

Another all knowing farang talking poo as usual, if you dont know what Nok Air is then do you even live in Thailand ?

Or a 2 week Millionaire who comes over to get felt up by one of the natives

You mean a local pickpocket ... clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif or RTP maybe ...

162534-wpcf_728x411.jpg

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2015-08-12

I would imagine the reason the flights were delayed was that they couldn't verify the passengers ID against the crashed database. That said though, there must be some sort of procedure in place for manual input? You would think anyway.

Even in this technological world in which we live, survive and operate, shit sometimes happens.....................wink.png

They gave you a one way ticket to anywhere hoping you don't come back...

The last sentence soured the rest of the post.

The last sentence soured the rest of the post.

Not really part of the premise of my post was state the poster was talking crap, so not soured in the least it was factual

Archived