Devoted Thai burglar arrested for 7th time

webfact

Devoted Burglar Arrested for 7th Time
By Khaosod English

14394625711439463027l.jpg
Police said hyper-recidivist burglar Chaturong Komolpanik pried open this safe in Buriram province to make off with jewelry and cash worth more than 1 million baht.

BURIRAM — If at first you don’t succeed: Try, try, try again.

A serial burglar outdid that popular proverb several times over, according to the police who arrested him yesterday for the seventh time.

Chaturong Komolpanik, 45 of Lopburi, was taken into custody in Buriram province for allegedly making off with jewelry and cash worth more than 1 million baht from the home of a physician, Police Maj. Gen. Chartchai Taeng-iam said today.

The remarkable thing about Chaturong’s arrest? According to police, it was the seventh time they’ve busted him for the same thing.

1439462764_burglar2.jpg
Chaturong Komolpanki is given the perp sit-down by police in Buriram with the tools of what police said is the extremely recidivist burglar's committed trade. Convicted six times for burgarly before, Chaturong is suspected of stealing more than 1 million baht worth of jewelry and cash from a physician's home.

Chaturong was arrested and jailed six times in the past on related charges and was most recently re-released from prison in 2013, Chartchai said.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1439462571&typecate=06&section=

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-08-14

You got to give it to some very lucky criminals in this world where often you hear how they circumvent the law

and avoid jail time and when the finally jailed, the get paroled after serving a small portion of their

sentences, I have rad and see that happening in all cases ranging from the worst convicts to the

occasional crimm....

Probably a 500 baht fine the first 5 arrests, a short stay in jail the last arrest.

We shall see what the outcome is with this arrest. 1 million baht in booty is

substantial. I doubt he will stop. whistling.gif

So I guess their early release programs are not working? One has to wonder how many times someone has to break the laws before a judge can see he will always break the law.

In the Sheriff Court in Glasgow I heard a young social worker explain her teenage ' client's ' lengthy previous convictions by saying they wouldn't be so bad if the police would only stop arresting him !

The Sheriff threw her out of his court and suggested the social work dept review her suitability to hold her job.

Anyone know the brand of safe this is? I know safe's are only designed to slow someone that really wants to get into it, but simply prying open the door like this? Looks like a poor quality bolting mechanism!

Edited by DirtyDan

If the prisons put this type on chain gang duty, clearing and cleaning road way drainage canels, naional forest roads etc instead of laying aroun a prison yard learning more ways to make a dishonest living, tTey might learn that hard work is required to get their fair ration of food, if volume of frood is based on what5 they achieved each daY..

Layabouts only require 1000 calarue per day to maintane body nutritional needs, make them worek and they nwill become smarter crooks or go earn a honest wage to support their lifestyle.

Anyone know the brand of safe this is? I know safe's are only designed to slow someone that really wants to get into it, but simply prying open the door like this? Looks like a poor quality bolting mechanism!

He probably didn't realize all he had to do was turn it upside down and remove the cardboard base put there in case the owner forgot the combination or lost the key.

You got to give it to some very lucky criminals in this world where often you hear how they circumvent the law

and avoid jail time and when the finally jailed, the get paroled after serving a small portion of their

sentences, I have rad and see that happening in all cases ranging from the worst convicts to the

occasional crimm....

Recidivism is fairly common in most countries. These data from the US are dated (comparing 1994 to 1983), but a more recent study shows the results remain similar or are worsening.

Rearrest within 3 years - from 68.1% to 73.8% for property offenders - from 50.4% to 66.7% for drug offenders - from 54.6% to 62.2% for public-order offenders.

• An estiamted 67.5% of prisoners released in 1994 were rearrested within 3 years, an increase over the 62.5% found for those released in 1983.

• The rearrest rate for property offenders, drug offenders, and public-order offenders increased significantly from 1983 to 1994. During that time, the rearrest rate increased:
  • The rearrest rate for violent offenders remained relatively stable (59.6% in 1983, compared to 61.7% in 1994).