Australia JACC: Flaperon is from MH370

webfact

JACC: Flaperon is from MH370

14-8-2558-10-31-18-wpcf_728x409.jpg

KUALA LUMPUR: -- Australia's Joint Agency Coordination Centre (JACC) has confirmed that an aircraft wing part known as flaperon found on the French Reunion Island is from the vanished Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370, New Straits Times reported.

In a statement released on Wednesday, JACC said: “Subsequent examination has indicated that in all probability, the wreckage, a wing part known as a flaperon, was from MH370.”

A piece of the aeroplane wing was discovered on the Reunion Island coast on July 29 and was sent to France for further analysis. On Aug 6, Malaysian Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak confirmed that part of the flaperon found on Reunion Island was part of the aircraft.

Flight MH370 disappeared on March 8, last year after its departure from Kuala Lumpur with 239 passengers on board, among them 154 Chinese nationals.

On the search operation development, JACC said Fugro Discovery, the search and recovery vessel for MH370, had arrived in the Indian Ocean and commenced operations earlier Wednesday.

Mohamed Shareef, the Maldivian minister attached to the president’s office, was quoted by Agence France-Presse (AFP) as saying that three Malaysian aviation experts began examining debris found in the island on Wednesday to determine if it could be wreckage from MH370.

The three, led by Malaysian Civil Aviation Department director-general Datuk Azharuddin Abdul Rahman had met up with local authorities and inspected the debris after arriving on the honeymoon islands on Tuesday night.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/jacc-flaperon-is-from-mh370

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-08-14

What else could it have been? Its not like there is another B777 that's not accounted for. The good bit is at least they know they are searching for the rest of wreckage on the correct side of the globe but that's about it really

What else could it have been? Its not like there is another B777 that's not accounted for. The good bit is at least they know they are searching for the rest of wreckage on the correct side of the globe but that's about it really

Exactly. Once they confirmed it was from a B777, there were no other wreckages it could have been. Shame on the French BEA for creating confusion in the minds of the passengers' families.

Better to be safe than sorry with their official announcements.

Great that it's been confirmed, and subsequent testing may result in a better understanding of what happened. All current testing indicates a peaceful glide into the ocean, I believe. (no traces of an explosion or explosive residue, etc.

Exactly. Once they confirmed it was from a B777, there were no other wreckages it could have been. Shame on the French BEA for creating confusion in the minds of the passengers' families.

It wasn't the French BEA that caused the confusion but the PM of Malaysia who told the world that the flaperon was from MH370. The French wanted to be absolutely correct and as such they are correct.

Better to be safe than sorry with their official announcements.

Great that it's been confirmed, and subsequent testing may result in a better understanding of what happened. All current testing indicates a peaceful glide into the ocean, I believe. (no traces of an explosion or explosive residue, etc.

A peaceful glide would have been very unlikely. The leading edge (the curved bit) shows very little damage but it would have been badly damaged when it struck water in a landing position you have to keep in mind a landing in the ocean and one into a river like the Hudson are very very different

If anything it points to a vertical dive until the wings and and tail would have been pretty cleanly ripped off on the way down

^^^ I don't know all of the stuff about this but the lack of an explosion doesn't equal a water landing. If the plane got into too steep of a descent due to unconscious pilots or sabotage or anything, it could pick up enough speed to tear the wings off in midair. It may be a long time before they know anything at all about the cause.

Edited by NeverSure

This is a part. While there are not likely a lot of spares that have ever been sold, there certainly are spares around and it could have been an unaccounted for part. Find a bunch of floating parts or debris, and then there's a plane to account for. But find only one part and then you don't know what you've got.

So in all probability means definitely, must be a new age English definition. Not withstanding that all the usual Sherlock's on this forum have nailed it, I must ask if there is the slightest possibility of one small piece being removed by unknown persons and placed somewhere to be miraculously found? Guess not, not at all compatible with your psych so must be deemed a conspiracy theory, so much for thinking outside of the box. No wonder this world is going pear shape with what the latest generation has delivered us, narrow minded people with nose rings. The plane could be at the bottom of the ocean, then again it could be hidden away somewhere in one piece (sorry with a little of it's tail missing), Unfortunately for the passengers, either scenario isn't a good one.

Bild766 is absolutely correct in what he says. There was to be a joint conference with the Boeing, French experts and the Malaysians using the "in all probability" statement. Minutes before, the Malaysians jumped the gun and announced that it was. The French and Boeing did not wish to cause the terrible mess-up that the M's did in the hours and days that followed the disappearance and which cause such distress to the families. The Malaysian authorities don't seem to know their H from their A. It's reported that they took debris from the Reunion and had it shipped off.

Figuring out this part came from MH370 didn't take a rocket scientist. Maybe they were thinking Martians are making 777's and this part came from them.

Figuring out this part came from MH370 didn't take a rocket scientist. Maybe they were thinking Martians are making 777's and this part came from them.

Give me $500,000 and 12 months and I guaranty you I can find you 3 or 4 777 flaperons on the replacement or used (or stolen) parts market. And I'm nowhere near to being an expert.

Which is peanuts to any entity that wants to point the search in a different direction.

In all probability, it's exactly what it's being presented as. But it's not a sure thing, even if it had a serial number. Because for $10,000- I can buy the machine that makes the serial number tags.

Edited by impulse

This is a part. While there are not likely a lot of spares that have ever been sold, there certainly are spares around and it could have been an unaccounted for part. Find a bunch of floating parts or debris, and then there's a plane to account for. But find only one part and then you don't know what you've got.

You have got to be kidding. That is some pretty bad logical thinking. I'd have better odds winning a multi-state lottery than the odds you are right. Probably a billion to one I'd say.

You have got to be kidding. That is some pretty bad logical thinking. I'd have better odds winning a multi-state lottery than the odds you are right. Probably a billion to one I'd say.

You have no more information about the topic than the guy you're ripping into, and obviously have no concept of what "a billion to one" means. Carmine6's logic is much better than you have shown here. And more polite.

There are dozens of ways that could be a part that was never anywhere near MH370's 777. Some of them far fetched, some nefarious and some pretty innocent.

Is it likely? Maybe not. But the consequences of getting it wrong are so expensive and painful that no stone should be left unturned.

Edited by impulse

You have no more information about the topic than the guy you're ripping into, and obviously have no concept of what "a billion to one" means. Carmine6's logic is much better than you have shown here. And more polite.

There are dozens of ways that could be a part that was never anywhere near MH370's 777. Some of them far fetched, some nefarious and some pretty innocent.

Is it likely? Maybe not. But the consequences of getting it wrong are so expensive and painful that no stone should be left unturned.

Remember that the part had barnacles on it. Their age, size and population can be used to determine the time the part was in the water. Biological examination determined that the presence of the barnacles coincided with the time of flight of MH370. That can't be duplicated after the fact.

Odds that I'm right? Where did I say anything about this not being from MH370 or something similar that has odds attached to it? Note, I said "could have been," in the past tense. Even among the professionals on the pilot and airline industry enthusiast websites, there is no one claiming any knowledge whether the loss or disposal of a part like this is always reported.

The "bad logical thinking" is thinking that having only one 777 missing then means a single part found must be from that missing plane.

Say a red car kills a pedestrian and takes off, and they find a Ferrari bumper on the ground but without identifying info. Every other red Ferrari is accounted for, therefore the guy who's Ferrari is missing must be the guilty one. Is that what they'd do? Or would they also try to make sure there wasn't one with a replaced bumper on it? Accounting for parts is different from accounting for entire vehicles.

The odds have always been that this was from MH370. But if some official stood up in front of a camera and said, "well this is from a 777, so it must be from the missing one" they would have been criticized for jumping to conclusions.

Air Austral is based on Reunion island and they have 777's. At least one of their airline mechanics did go look at the part. So it is likely that day they knew it was from a 777 even before the media took up the story.

Most Airplane engines are constantly in touch with its makers, They transmit if there is any wear or tear on most parts of the engine, So it should be easy to track the engines to its last known destination , but then this plane obviously did not have them , Or did they.

Remember that the part had barnacles on it. Their age, size and population can be used to determine the time the part was in the water. Biological examination determined that the presence of the barnacles coincided with the time of flight of MH370. That can't be duplicated after the fact.

No, not after the fact. But if a spare flaperon rolled off the back of a ship, or someone wanted the world to believe the plane crashed in some area of the sea, they had over a year to "age" the part.

Give me $500,000 and 12 months and I guaranty you I can find you 3 or 4 777 flaperons on the replacement or used (or stolen) parts market. And I'm nowhere near to being an expert.

Which is peanuts to any entity that wants to point the search in a different direction.

In all probability, it's exactly what it's being presented as. But it's not a sure thing, even if it had a serial number. Because for $10,000- I can buy the machine that makes the serial number tags.

My comment about another entity was removed. Funny that.