Family Orientated Hotel in Pattaya-does it exist?

Deserted

Hi all, is there a hotel that caters well for young children especially? Our little one is coming up to the third birthday and we are thinking of going there if we can find a hotel with good play areas for children, and children's pool and so on. We stayed at the Dusit before which didn't cater for children. I've had a look around on the net but wanted to ask if someone has stayed somewhere which was very good for children. All personal recommendations welcome. Naklua and Jomtien are fine.

Thanks though prefer something less than 3k a night if possible. 6.5k is getting up there.

Was thinking of the Pattaya Park Hotel, which is the most obvious choice but the last time we went there most of it was closed for renovation. No plans to go back to that one.

Wish I could give you the name of the new hotel by the Water Park. Just south of Jomtien, maybe 10 kilometers, they just opened a new hotel across from the brand new water park built by The Cartoon Network. I would have to believe that they would cater to kids. Close by is Nong Nooch, and the Silver Lake Winery, which I would think even a child would enjoy seeing. Beautiful, nice tour to go on. Good luck.

Edited by stoli

Thanks though prefer something less than 3k a night if possible. 6.5k is getting up there.

Was thinking of the Pattaya Park Hotel, which is the most obvious choice but the last time we went there most of it was closed for renovation. No plans to go back to that one.

I wouldnt take kids to Pattaya Park ever. In 2009 and British teenager died there.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8147032.stm

You can visit the Centara water park without staying at the hotel. We have done it twice now with our kids - they love it. The last time was about a year ago and it has been 500 baht a person for the day. We would just go in and find the chairs we wanted and when the attendants came to us my (Thai) wife would let them know we were just there for the day and they'd charge us the 500 baht.

Forgive the self promotion guys, I have a condo in Park Lane, Jomtien,2 bed 2 bath...lagoon style pool, plus kids pool, shops restaurants,market etc. Family friendly, shuttle bus to beach. Condo no. 609/610 building 2.Google Pattaya capital property for prices, availability etc. Good luck..Kevbo

' Thanks though prefer something less than 3k a night if possible. '

so you want a cheap place where you can take the family and others have to accept screaming kids running up & down the foyer and all should be like a five start hotel ......

sorry .... I don't think that hotel exists !! .... whistling.gif

but just in case ... please let me know which hotel you choose so I can avoid it and enjoy my day !!

Edited by steven100

I have a condo in Jomtien so I dont use hotels here. As I dont like families I would probably avoid a family resort anyway!

I've eaten there and that was good.

You can probably find discounts online.

Hmmm sounds like a nice rounded individual!

Edited by yakyak

Wish I could give you the name of the new hotel by the Water Park. Just south of Jomtien, maybe 10 kilometers, they just opened a new hotel across from the brand new water park built by The Cartoon Network. I would have to believe that they would cater to kids. Close by is Nong Nooch, and the Silver Lake Winery, which I would think even a child would enjoy seeing. Beautiful, nice tour to go on. Good luck.

Maybe nice, but farang prices!!

Thanks that's great. I will look into that.

You can visit the Centara water park without staying at the hotel. We have done it twice now with our kids - they love it. The last time was about a year ago and it has been 500 baht a person for the day. We would just go in and find the chairs we wanted and when the attendants came to us my (Thai) wife would let them know we were just there for the day and they'd charge us the 500 baht.

Holiday Inn, north Beach Road caters to families and has a childrens pool and activity area. Beautiful rooms with view of Pattaya Bay plus nicely designed. (and away from the seedy part of Pattaya)

Hi yes, I was looking at that. Did you enjoy staying there?

I can second the Holiday Inn recommendation. We have stayed there and it is very kid friendly, as well as has excellent service and all the other attributes previously mentioned. If you decide to stay sign up online first for the loyalty program (free) - IHG Rewards - as that gets free internet and a bit of additional consideration service wise - such as preferential treatment with late check out requests.

We also enjoyed the Cartoon Network water park others have mentioned - but it is expensive by Thai standards.

We always like the Hard Rock Hotel with kids. Don't let the name put you off. It's full of families. They have a great kids pool, games and activities at the pool during the day (weekends at least) and kid type entertainment at night. Been going for years. You won't be disappointed

After you get the wife and kids safely established in a nice hotel...and pre-occupied with having great fun in the sun and water...you might consider slipping away to soi 6 Jomtein Beach Rd...for some personal attention by a young masseuse...you will not be disappointed...

After you get the wife and kids safely established in a nice hotel...and pre-occupied with having great fun in the sun and water...you might consider slipping away to soi 6 Jomtein Beach Rd...for some personal attention by a young masseuse...you will not be disappointed...

I enjoyed the above post which really summarises Pattaya

If you do not have enough money to stay at the top resorts and isolate family from the rest; choose elsewhere

Thailand has many beautiful resorts more suited to families try Cha Am, or Hua Hin to name but a few

Try here - Name may not seen kid friendly name but this goes back to the 90's and a famous Thai "Mr Condom" (Mechai Viravaidya) a Thai health minister - who stemmed back a potential Aids epidemic by promoting public acceptance of the ........... Its a great location can get to an adjacent beach from Hotel and they have a lot of stuff organised for kids. Not sure cost but it is time of year for good deals on the internet if not direct.

http://www.cabbagesandcondoms.co.th/Resort/Resort.php