All In A Sudden Happy With Windows 10 And How To Install " Move To" And " Send To"....

lostinisaan

Hello and Swasdee khrap,

I've just finished my fourth W 10 installation and was really missing the "send to" and move to" option.

Here's the link to install it within a minute.: http://cdn9.howtogeek.com/wp-content/uploads/gg/copyto_moveto.zip

Website: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/add-copy-to-move-to-on-windows-vista-right-click-menu/

Unfortunately,did I do a huge mistake and tried to install a pirated ( I apologize I know it's illegal ) MS Office 2015/16 version. What came with the installation was the worst nightmare since the WW 2 !!!

I'd like to warn all of you to keep your fingers away from that crap and better buy one.....

I finally needed the help of various programs, Malwarebytes, Spy Hunter and Kaspersky Anti virus 2015 to get rid of all that stuff.

All three machines are faster with Windows 10 and I start to like it. Should something go wrong with your installation of Windows 10 and you don't have your former system backed up, ( which would be idiotic) Windows gives you the option for one month to roll back your system where it was before.

Thanks to SpyHunter, Malwarebytes and Kaspersky. I had around 150 serious issues that no other program could even find.

Best of luck for your installation. thumbsup.gif

The benefits of using libreoffice were mentioned in a recent post http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/847369-libreoffice-anyone-flicked-ms-opinion/?hl=libreoffice.

Sounds like you would be better off doing a clean install of win10 - I do this from a usb containing the penultimate preview build (10162) - nice operating system. AA

Office 2016 is free until the end of the year.

The preview of Office 2016 is free until the end of the year at which point you will have to buy the release version.

Once it's final I might take a look. Too many bad experiences with previous versions of pre-release Office to waste time there again. Sticking with 2013 for now which is fairly solid.

Good job. I like a program called Should I Remove It? It lists every program on the computer, tells what it is, and rates it as to importance. I find a lot of crap after an installation and this proggy gets rid of it.

Cheers.

Not for W10..... Not supported.

No idea what you did wrong, but Should I Remove It works well on Windows 10.

P.S. Thanks Never Sure, a brilliant way to see and uninstall unnecessary programs. Cheers- thumbsup.gif

Edited by lostinisaan

I'm right now installing W 10 on my older Dell Notebook and I found out that it's like a racehorse now.

I don't know why, but I've got the feeling that I was using W 10 already for a long time. Really love it. Done seven upgrades now and found various ways to make it very simple. thumbsup.gif

Thumbs up for Windows 100 !!! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

I just installed 10, as per Microsoft's instruction. Just getting used to it. I have one problem though. I really like the new Edge browser program, but I can find no way to manage and organize bookmarks. Can someone help me?

It's not that difficult. Please click on the three points in the upper right corner and go to settings. Click the "Show My Favorites Bar" on.

When you scroll down, you'll have the option to go to "view advanced settings". Very useful to manage your passwords, block Pop Ups, privacy settings and a lot more.

Please see attached images. Best of luck.

P.S. Thanks for your question. I've tried a few things and think the browser is incredible. You can "zoom" the particular page you're on, use a pen to wrote something on the screen, plus a highlighter. Of course is there also an eraser.. Seems like I'm switching to this browser now.

You can also "Import your favorite Websites from other Browsers. same menu.

Cheers.- M.M. wai2.gif

post-158336-0-25608900-1439709064_thumb.

post-158336-0-24296600-1439709959_thumb.

Edited by lostinisaan

4 day experiment installing win 10 via update.

Day 1 12% stop.

Day 2 13% stop.

Day 3 17% stop.

Day 4 20%stop.

No Mathematician but looks like day 365 will get to 99%, and Microsoft will try to bill me for the use of windows 10 lol.

And before anyone asks yes my firewalls and security programs are all off,

Day 1 12% stop.

Day 2 13% stop.

Day 3 17% stop.

Day 4 20%stop.

No Mathematician but looks like day 365 will get to 99%, and Microsoft will try to bill me for the use of windows 10 lol.

It took me about an hour to download and another two to install. It did seem to be sticking but it was in fact progressing. If you have a shaky internet connection, you can down load it on to a DVD and install later.

Day 1 12% stop.

Day 2 13% stop.

Day 3 17% stop.

Day 4 20%stop.

It took me about an hour to download and another two to install. It did seem to be sticking but it was in fact progressing. If you have a shaky internet connection, you can down load it on to a DVD and install later.

Been there done it got the tee-shirt blah blah, even with a shaky connection it will restart as per Microsoft's word, same as u torrent that I use almost daily with no issues with connection problems but thx for the input.

Failed to download error code not recognised via help lol would you believe because I do.

Edited by Brit_Doggie

I just installed 10, as per Microsoft's instruction. Just getting used to it. I have one problem though. I really like the new Edge browser program, but I can find no way to manage and organize bookmarks. Can someone help me?

It's not that difficult. Please click on the three points in the upper right corner and go to settings. Click the "Show My Favorites Bar" on.

When you scroll down, you'll have the option to go to "view advanced settings". Very useful to manage your passwords, block Pop Ups, privacy settings and a lot more.

Please see attached images. Best of luck.

P.S. Thanks for your question. I've tried a few things and think the browser is incredible. You can "zoom" the particular page you're on, use a pen to wrote something on the screen, plus a highlighter. Of course is there also an eraser.. Seems like I'm switching to this browser now.

You can also "Import your favorite Websites from other Browsers. same menu.

Cheers.- M.M. wai2.gif

I Imported my favorites in Edge, but I dont seem to be able to manage them

All I can do is ,

open new tab

create new folder

rename

remove

How do I move a favorite to a new file I created?

Drag and drop dont work in Edgesad.png

Day 1 12% stop.

Day 2 13% stop.

Day 3 17% stop.

Day 4 20%stop.

Been there done it got the tee-shirt blah blah, even with a shaky connection it will restart as per Microsoft's word, same as u torrent that I use almost daily with no issues with connection problems but thx for the input.

Failed to download error code not recognised via help lol would you believe because I do.

Forget the Windows Update method of upgrading. It wastes your time.

Just download the ISO appropriate to your current system and upgrade from that. The end result is exactly the same - but it's much faster.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/techbench

Day 1 12% stop.

Day 2 13% stop.

Day 3 17% stop.

Day 4 20%stop.

My wife told me that you seem to have some tiny little ghosts in your machine. Make a merit, invite the whole neighborhood buy them some decent food and alcohol and when you come back it works.

Of course without guarantee.

Good job. I like a program called Should I Remove It? It lists every program on the computer, tells what it is, and rates it as to importance. I find a lot of crap after an installation and this proggy gets rid of it.

Cheers.

P.S. Thanks Never Sure, a brilliant way to see and uninstall unnecessary programs. Cheers- thumbsup.gif

I didn't do anything with it... I took the link to the website where it states the latest supported OS is 8.1. If it supports W10 they haven't updated their website.

Cheers.

I didn't do anything with it... I took the link to the website where it states the latest supported OS is 8.1. If it supports W10 they haven't updated their website.

I don't think that you've read anything that said W 10 isn't supported..............laugh.png