Beer sales update CMU-Suthep.............

bangmai

None of the four 7-11s, west of Canal Rd., by CMU are now selling beer. Neither is Jampha (some hot-hot-hot girls in there, though), and the cancer has even spread to the TESCO at the Canal Rd./Suthep Rd. intersection.

I previously reported that the Hush Bar had closed and been replaced by CM Steak Love....correction. The restaurant moved in next door, and Hush Bar was open tonight, they were closed for about a month, but as I previously stated, they seem to have been, or are, very well connected (a favorite spot for EPL).

eggs are cheap..., what is your point LT? You need to get involved in internet marketing so you can make 20K per day and not bother people. Did it occur to you that being from such a small island might indicate that your parents were related?

BTW, eggs are now 200 THB per dozen in the US....does that meet the British guidelines for news?

Edited by bangmai

Huh?

Internet marketing? Small island gene pools? Commodity prices in The Colonies? British newsworthiness?

I'm usually able to follow all but the most opaque of your fevered ramblings, but I confess that this random string of oddball non sequiturs has me stumped.

Maybe someone else can answer my question?

Has this new policy affected the price of eggs (or other basic commodities) in the student housing ghetto areas surrounding the university?

TIA smile.png

Huh?

Internet marketing? Small island gene pools? Commodity prices in The Colonies? British newsworthiness?

I'm usually able to follow all but the most opaque of your fevered ramblings, but I confess that this random string of oddball non sequiturs has me stumped.

Maybe someone else can answer my question?

Has this new policy affected the price of eggs (or other basic commodities) in the student housing ghetto areas surrounding the university?

TIA smile.png

No, my neighbor told me they still charge Brits 2500 for a "soapy" plus 300 for being fat, 300 for being an inbred, and 100 for every tooth they are missing....so it still comes to about 6000. Land is still 100,000 THB per wah, so it hasn't really affected land prices.

landtrout strikes me as a troll with way too much free time. Then again, are there any other kinds?

On the subject of the CMU area, the Nimmanhamin update; bars that closed promptly at midnight last Saturday (lights off, finish your drink and clear out) stopped serving around a quarter to midnight tonight, maybe earlier--it was 11:45 when I tried to get one more beer at Rush Bar. Police also hit Rush Bar in force, six or more men in uniform, just to check a few ID's a little after 10 pm. I can understand random ID checks, but that many men just to check a few ID's in a moderate sized bar?

Infinity on soi 6 looked like it hadn't been open at all a little after midnight, but Tawan Daeng and Loft were doing a good business. I didn't wander down to check the other bars on soi 6 that usually ignore legal closing times.

I get the impression of a police force under pressure to give the appearance of dong their job, but, since they aren't clear on what the laws are, they are committing random acts of...whatever. Who knows how long this will last?

I actually visited Hush Bar, for a few four month old beers....I was informed that it was their last night. BiB showed up at 00:20, with lights flashing. I calmly hit the exit. Not a word exchanged...so a word to the wise..if it is an after hours check; just leave immediately. Maybe that job offer in Chongqing was pretty decent after all. Beers at PEK=1 USD.

I actually visited Hush Bar, for a few four month old beers....I was informed that it was their last night. BiB showed up at 00:20, with lights flashing. I calmly hit the exit. Not a word exchanged...so a word to the wise..if it is an after hours check; just leave immediately. Maybe that job offer in Chongqing was pretty decent after all. Beers at PEK=1 USD.

Thats cool you go to the hush bar man. I live about 1 minute up the hill around the corner. So actually the 3rd 7/11 back down the soi still sells booze. The one with no atms out front.

Thanks for sharing, banglander.

What can you tell us about the current price of eggs out your way?

If I recall correctly, you're definitely the guy with his finger on that particular pulse. So to speak.

Is Bangmai our old Thighlander? That explains so many things...

If I recall correctly, you're definitely the guy with his finger on that particular pulse. So to speak.

Has been for quite a while or is an excellent clone.

He certainly knows where to get his beer "fix".

who ever the deluded yank is he certinally doesnt like his cousins across the pond

landtrout strikes me as a troll with way too much free time. Then again, are there any other kinds?

On the subject of the CMU area, the Nimmanhamin update; bars that closed promptly at midnight last Saturday (lights off, finish your drink and clear out) stopped serving around a quarter to midnight tonight, maybe earlier--it was 11:45 when I tried to get one more beer at Rush Bar. Police also hit Rush Bar in force, six or more men in uniform, just to check a few ID's a little after 10 pm. I can understand random ID checks, but that many men just to check a few ID's in a moderate sized bar?

Infinity on soi 6 looked like it hadn't been open at all a little after midnight, but Tawan Daeng and Loft were doing a good business. I didn't wander down to check the other bars on soi 6 that usually ignore legal closing times.

I get the impression of a police force under pressure to give the appearance of dong their job, but, since they aren't clear on what the laws are, they are committing random acts of...whatever. Who knows how long this will last?

i was around the neighbor bar last night and it had more police than customers wandering around, went to the maldives so peaceful great night.see infinity closed

Edited by true blue

I'm curious, does Thai Law have 'grandfathering'? I know I am stating the obvious in that these actions don't seem fair, but this policy must really be messing with some people's lives.. It would be brutal if someone made a big investment, and then sometime thereafter they are told their business is illegal.

i was around the neighbor bar last night and it had more police than customers wandering around, went to the maldives so peaceful great night.see infinity closed

That worries me, Neighborhood is one of my favorites. What time were the police there? Was Maldives open after midnight?

He certainly knows where to get his beer "fix".

We hosted a pool/BBQ party at our place a few years ago, and since we had plenty of space I encouraged my guests to bring along any friends of their own who might like to attend. Everybody was having a great time, but there was one guy there who nobody seemed to know, and after a couple hours of pounding beers, he started getting loud and abusive. Insulting the other guests, throwing F-bombs and racist epithets around and generally going out of his way to offend as many people as he possibly could. Not quite as egregious and obnoxious as the overtly sexist, racist, anti-Semitic, white supremacist garbage that "our old Thighlander" used to spread around these pages before he suddenly "disappeared", but much more offensive than any of our party guests were willing to put up with.

Eventually, I was obliged to take the guy aside and convince him that his language and behavior were not welcome, and that it would be in everyone's best interest if he would just toddle off down the road and never come back.

The difference between my place and this place is simple: If that guy had shown up again ten minutes later saying that his name was now 'Robert' instead of 'Earl', and that he was therefore entitled to a "fresh start", he would have become convinced rather swiftly that he'd made a serious miscalculation!

Whether it's the beer or the attention, some unfortunate souls just "gotta have it", and are apparently unable to stay away, even when asked politely.

As for the topic at hand? Surely someone must know of an appropriate spot where an upstanding gentleman such as this might acquire a drop of the nectar out 'round the arse end of the CMU campus? burp.gif

Hey Bruce,

These are among my favorite types of posts on this board, and a good reminder that I really ought to drop in here more often than I do.

You gotta love it when the guy who's averaged better than a post per day for nearly a decade is telling the guy who's posted roughly once a month for eight years that he's the one with "too much free time".

Priceless, and thanks for the chuckle!clap2.gif

LT, beer sales on Suthep is an important subject to many TVF members. You had to butt in with an idiotic statment, and I retaliated with a comment about the inbreeding problems the British have, that was aimed directly at you. I don't hate the Brits. It does seem like the ones on here, who declare how many square meters one's apartment should be, how many times per week they should eat street food, and what constitutes proper economic discussion happen to be British. At least the ones, who are willing to identify their nationality.

Perhaps, next Friday night, you will keep your hand where it usually is, and not place it on the keyboard.

Thighlander was amember for 9 years, without a problem. The change occurred here, and appears to have changed again for the better. Meanwhile, you've accumulated 70 "likes" in 8 years....you should start you own blog...you might get 50 satang per day in ad revenue.

Edited by bangmai

John's wasn't selling alcohol between 2 and 5pm yesterday.

According to last nght's Thai expert, Moon Mueang won't be affected, but the perimeters of CMU, Payap, and Rajaphat will be no go. However, one of the owners of an LK bar told me they had been given notice. It seems like you got the Metro Tech at the south end of MM, and Yupparaj at the North end, which would wipe out most of MM in a severe crackdown. There is a copy of the order on a bare shelf at TESCO, if anyone would like to interpret the specifics.

Hey Bruce,

These are among my favorite types of posts on this board, and a good reminder that I really ought to drop in here more often than I do.

You gotta love it when the guy who's averaged better than a post per day for nearly a decade is telling the guy who's posted roughly once a month for eight years that he's the one with "too much free time".

After midnight you jumped on a topic of interest to some of the community to post sarcastic, off-topic drivel. I called you a troll, should I have accused you of being drunk instead?

Hey Bruce,

After midnight you jumped on a topic of interest to some of the community to post sarcastic, off-topic drivel. I called you a troll, should I have accused you of being drunk instead?

I don't know why you'd want to choose between them, unless you've decided that the two conditions are somehow mutually exclusive!

In any case, you're the first person to ever accuse me of being either, despite the fact that I've been involved with online discussions since 1983, and of legal drinking age for much longer than that. I guess that it's about time that some internet genius finally discovered my true nature! facepalm.gif

Are you sure that your real name is not 'Earl'?

Because (to quote Puwa in his earlier post), "That explains so many things". gigglem.gif