Immigration / police visiting foreginers houses

Try this one for size.....

Farang, been coming here for years, stays under a retirement extension.

Retirement extension expires on 27th August and he returns to his home country on 29th August (for 3 months).

Not a problem...... normally. BUT, if they want to put him "under consideration" he is likely buggered.

My advice is bowl over to Kap Choeng Immigration and put his situation to them. I would be interested to see if others have better advice.

NB: Can't take his wife with him as she, and their child, are in his home country!

That's a good question. I wonder what percent of the retirement extensions at Kap Choeng are put, "Under Consideration."

Since the object of this thread is to emphasize the negative (Under Consideration) I doubt if we would get a straight answer to the actual percent that are done in the normal way. Of course, I could be wrong.smile.png

So my question is has anyone received a retirement extension on the same or next day from Kap Choeng?

Kwaibah is the best person to answer that - but I am aware of some retirement extensions being done normally.

The question arises from a small town in Buriram province where the last four retirement extensions were al put under consideration.

Your last four retirement extensions were put under consideration?

Sorry, I wasn't clear.

The last 4 retirement extensions undertaken recently, by 4 different people in this town, were put under consideration.

In democracy you are innocent until proven guilty.

For Thai immigration, farangs are guilty until proven innocent

Truly scary.

Sensationalist. Please provide some facts to back up your assertion.

Not at all.

First of, in a democratic country, the police should be dealing with domestic abuse, not immigration.

This is not their job nor are they trained for it.

It just sounds like they are looking for excuse for harassing people.

Then in a democratic country, police cannot come and barge in your house and accuse you of mistreatment or domestic abuses based only hearsay.

Even when police have a strong case against someone, for domestic abuse they don't just barge in,they request you to come to the police station for interview. They would also start an inquiry before and also they would need a police order requesting forced entry to your house.

So no facts to back up your assertions? Can you please give me some links to these events actually happening?

What he forgets in Thailand immigration are Police, that's why their full title is " Immigration Police "

In democratic countries they do barge into houses and even shoot innocent suspects who have committed no crimes,

in democratic countries the Police harass and intimidate people in cars and on the street and some even threaten to shoot motorist in head as a result of a minor traffic violation

Yes democratic countries are so bloody superior

Edited by Soutpeel
  • Like 1

Truly scary.

Not at all.

First of, in a democratic country, the police should be dealing with domestic abuse, not immigration.

Then in a democratic country, police cannot come and barge in your house and accuse you of mistreatment or domestic abuses based only hearsay.

Even when police have a strong case against someone, for domestic abuse they don't just barge in,they request you to come to the police station for interview. They would also start an inquiry before and also they would need a police order requesting forced entry to your house.

So no facts to back up your assertions? Can you please give me some links to these events actually happening?

It's not any event.

It's the LAW.

Domestic violence in the UK for example,but also in any democracy,is never handled by immigration services.

The police needs a court order to enter a private property; It's the LAW.

The police cannot just questions you just because of hear say, it's the LAW.

In other countries immigration are a "service" In Thailand they ARE Police

Truly scary.

Not at all.

It's not any event.

It's the LAW.

Domestic violence in the UK for example,but also in any democracy,is never handled by immigration services.

In other countries immigration are a "service" In Thailand they ARE Police

In the UK the Border Agency regularly harasses people "suspected" of being illegals, at their place of employment or in their homes. Failure to satisfy the BA's demands for correct paperwork results in handcuffing and removal to a detention facility .

That is democrasy in Action !

• Like 1

It's not any event.

Not at all.

It's the LAW.

Why are you quoting the law from the Uk? We are talking about Thailand in this thread.

UK or any democratic country,it was just an example.

Because Thailand still pretends to be a democracy, this clearly shows that is not the case anymore.

In democracies people cannot be harassed by police like so.

That's a good question. I wonder what percent of the retirement extensions at Kap Choeng are put, "Under Consideration."

Since the object of this thread is to emphasize the negative (Under Consideration) I doubt if we would get a straight answer to the actual percent that are done in the normal way. Of course, I could be wrong.smile.png

So my question is has anyone received a retirement extension on the same or next day from Kap Choeng?

Kwaibah is the best person to answer that - but I am aware of some retirement extensions being done normally.

The question arises from a small town in Buriram province where the last four retirement extensions were al put under consideration.

Your last four retirement extensions were put under consideration?

Sorry, I wasn't clear.

The last 4 retirement extensions undertaken recently, by 4 different people in this town, were put under consideration.

How about your last 4 retirement extensions; were they put under consideration?

Retirement extension expires on 27th August and he returns to his home country on 29th August (for 3 months).

Not a problem...... normally. BUT, if they want to put him "under consideration" he is likely buggered.

My advice is bowl over to Kap Choeng Immigration and put his situation to them. I would be interested to see if others have better advice.

NB: Can't take his wife with him as she, and their child, are in his home country!

Jip99,

can you divulge this small town's name ?

It's not any event.

Not at all.

It's the LAW.

Why are you quoting the law from the Uk? We are talking about Thailand in this thread.

UK or any democratic country,it was just an example.

Because Thailand still pretends to be a democracy, this clearly shows that is not the case anymore.

In democracies people cannot be harassed by police like so.

In democracies people cannot be harassed by police ?

You clearly have been living in a cave then, harassment, beatings and shootings is a tok regular occurance by police in some democratic countries

Jip99,

Ban Kruat - and all 4 were long-stayers with numerous previous retirement extensions.

• Like 1

Yes they have. It can be a crap shoot. I personally thank if your living in a rural area you have a bigger chance to be investigated. Just to add extra fuel back in June when this started individuals that I personally know were told during their interview that immigration was looking for those that were working and for people from eastern Europe and the middle east. Ties into the bombing in Bangkok. This 30 day is not a local discussion they have said it came from higher up.

Edited by khwaibah

He could apply for his extension 30 days early so that the under consideration period would end before he leaves the country.

If he has his tickets already he could show them to immigration as a reason to apply early.

• Like 1

He could apply for his extension 30 days early so that the under consideration period would end before he leaves the country.

If he has his tickets already he could show them to immigration as a reason to apply early.

Unfortunately, he wasn't aware of KCI's new approach and has left it too late to do that. He was going to KCI in the last week of his stay - like he has always done.

Unfortunately, he wasn't aware of KCI's new approach and has left it too late to do that. He was going to KCI in the last week of his stay - like he has always done.

Sorry I got the dates mixed up a bit.

He should go to immigration as soon as he can and try to get it sorted out. Having the tickets would help.

i've had enough scam artists (try) to get through my gate over the last few years so they won't be putting one foot on my families' property until they have been independently verified. and no, i won't be "inviting them in for dinner" either

Jip99,

Ban Kruat - and all 4 were long-stayers with numerous previous retirement extensions.

Jip, where did you do your last 4 retirement extensions?

Yes they have. It can be a crap shoot. I personally thank if your living in a rural area you have a bigger chance to be investigated. Just to add extra fuel back in June when this started individuals that I personally know were told during their interview that immigration was looking for those that were working and for people from eastern Europe and the middle east. Ties into the bombing in Bangkok. This 30 day is not a local discussion they have said it came from higher up.

Where did you do your last four retirement extensions?

The current situation with the recent bombings in Bangkok is a great example why immigration should keep tabs on immigrants and know that they are located where they claim to be and that they are who they claim to be.

Unfortunately, Thailand's world wide reputation does make it a magnet for not so good people who expect to get away with their not so good life styles here.

If the creep or creeps responsible for the bombings are foreigners, immigration should and could be a great help in identifying them and locating them.

Edited by willyumiii
  • Like 1

The current situation with the recent bombings in Bangkok is a great example why immigration should keep tabs on immigrants and know that they are located where they claim to be and that they are who they claim to be.

Unfortunately, Thailand's world wide reputation does make it a magnet for not so good people who expect to get away with their not so good life styles here.

If the creep or creeps responsible for the bombings are foreigners, immigration should and could be a great help in identifying them and locating them.

Unless there are 'sleepers', do you really think a foreign 'terrorist' is going to put themselves on immigration's files ??

Virtually anyone can come to Thailand for 30 days and if were a foreign terrorist I would probably use a variety on non-descript hotels or resorts.

Jip99,

I have only ever done two extensions - I come under Kap Choeng.

Jip99,

Did you do your extensions at Kap Choeng and did you get an "Under Consideration?"

Did you do your extensions at Kap Choeng and did you get an "Under Consideration?"

My extensions were issued on the spot (as with everybody else on a retirement extension) - the under consideration for retirement extensions is a recent move by KCI.

My extensions were issued on the spot (as with everybody else on a retirement extension) - the under consideration for retirement extensions is a recent move by KCI.

Looking back this thread was started by a facebook link which is no longer available and we have no one in person here who has been issued an Under Consideration stamp for a retirement extension. Forgive me for being skeptical but I don't believe it.

If there was a person or persons here that we could ask some questions I'm sure the answer would become obvious.

I don't buy the hearsay evidence as I think is a good rule of thumb in Thailand because everyone has an angle they are playing.

Looking back this thread was started by a facebook link which is no longer available and we have no one in person here who has been issued an Under Consideration stamp for a retirement extension. Forgive me for being skeptical but I don't believe it.

If there was a person or persons here that we could ask some questions I'm sure the answer would become obvious.

I don't buy the hearsay evidence as I think is a good rule of thumb in Thailand because everyone has an angle they are playing.

There certainly seems to be many confused people who enjoy relating an anecdote which was told to them by a friend of a friend !

The only time I know of when retirement extensions where placed "under review" was when an office lacked the presence of a senior officer to authorise the extension.

Out of interest. Does anyone know why marriage extensions are put under consideration but retirement extensions aren't?

Decisions about Extensions made on the basis of retirement are a local matter. Those for marriage have to be referred up the chain of command for a decision.

Look at post 21. I was issued with an under consideration stamp on August 10!

Edited by tlcwaterfall
  • Like 1

Then you are foolish.

I don't give a flying fart what you believe but Kwaibah is on the spot and has close links with KCI.

The Ban Kruat extensions are friends of mine.

Try reading some of the posts again - I doubt that Ubon Joe has 'an angle'.....coffee1.gif

Now that is a good point. I don't know Kwaibah. I asked if he did a retirement extension at KCI and if he got an "Under Consideration" stamp. I may have missed it but I don't think he answered. So who is he that he is information is to be trusted? What kind of links to KCI does he have? Does he run a Visa service? It is in his interest for the process to be complicated enough to employ a professional? Maybe you know the answers to this stuff but I think they are valid questions.

This thread is based on a Facebook link that is no longer available does that strike you as odd? It does me.

I believe Ubon Joe said it was the work of a rogue officer - well good- point him out and lets report him. I might have to report to KCI someday and I'd be doing myself a favor it the office was on the up and up.

Out of interest. Does anyone know why marriage extensions are put under consideration but retirement extensions aren't?

Decisions about Extensions made on the basis of retirement are a local matter. Those for marriage have to be referred up the chain of command for a decision.

Ok but why is it necessary for the extra level of approval?

Ok but why is it necessary for the extra level of approval?

I have no idea but I guess the Thais had / have a reason...............................