Salaries in Thailand expected to go up by 5.9 per cent

webfact

that means - fast food prices minimum up for 20%,

and meat - fish with the prion reduced by 50%

thats what i realiced;

Slowly we back like the pictures we seen from Biafra -

1 hand of rice per day -

ok, here we allowed for the halv of hand to pay 40,- thb !!

I am deeply hurt. I always thought I worked very hard for my salary and deserved my raise which was a bit above the 5.9% quoted, but now I know I am really only a "Bangkok Blood-sucker".

I have lived here 11 years and it amazes me how the ordinary working Thai can manage on the basic wage of 300 Baht a day.

It really is slave labour for a 6 day week.

Plenty of new Mercedes and BMWs about though....I bet the owners don't live on that pittance!

Lunacy. In these times wages growth should be limited to CPI/Inflation index, at most. One could bet much of this increase relates to the Bangkok blood-suckers rather than those who need it most.

What blood suckers in Bangkok ? People moan about Bangkok all the time while there are many normal people living here, they make up the majority. With propaganda like that no wonder the reds wanted to burn down Bangkok and now even foreigners demonize Bangkok.

You should look up the statistics and see how many normal people work here.

"while there are many normal people living here, they make up the majority."

The majority of what? Priviledged class?

From various 2014 and 2015 Thai population searches is the following DATA:

- 35% of the population is urban and of that amount about 63% of the urban population is in the Bangkok area.

- birth rate in urban areas is declining in comparison to nonurban areas.

- 32% of employed workers are in agriculture.

- Central and Northeast regions have the highest unemployment rates.

- Bangkok has one of the highest population densities but is the smallest regions.

attachicon.gifpopul1.gif

<anti junta comment removed - please be careful with posts>

You obviously haven't lived or worked in BKK and have no idea about it. Real stupid actually to think that the majority of working people in BKK are government and government employees and military. I wager you that the majority is private businesses and those people are no different from other people around the country. I have lived in the outskirts of BKK for a long while and your statement is absolutely B.S. No way it could be so top heavy there are 15 million or more people in Bangkok lets assume 40% is working that would make 6 million people. To say that 50% is government employees makes that 3 million.

Comparing that with the PDF of how how work is divide shows you how stupid your remarks are. That would leave no government officials or teachers anywhere else in the country.

http://web.nso.go.th/en/survey/data_survey/070815_summary_July58.pdf

I live and work in Bangkok, so I do have a little knowledge. I think what the poster was trying to say was not that the majority of people in BKK are bloodsuckers, but that the majority of bloodsuckers reside in Bangkok. Those are two very different statements.

The majority of the government bureaucracy, the very wealthy, and others of their ilk, live and work in the Bangkok region. For obvious reasons.

On the other hand, the vast majority of people living in Bangkok are hard-working, normal folks who are here either because this is their home, or because they could not find opportunity where they grew up. These people work hard for small incomes, but still have to deal with the high expense of living in Bangkok. I have met many of these people over the years, and to call them lazy would be a mistake. They work hard to try to improve their lives and the standard of living of their family. I have nothing but respect for these folks.

I don't know how Thailand keeps doing it. I don't think there will ever be a real estate crash here,

Since I met my girlfriend 2 years ago she got 3 different jobs with the average salary increase of 15% for each job. She also got a severance from a previous employer in the amount of 600,000 baht.

This severance would be unheard of in Canada even for a top level employees and she was just an admin assistant.

Just as in the last pay rate increase it mostly applied to gov workers and factories and in big cities. Out in the rural areas no wage increase was noticed. Just an observation though.

Also, the last wage increase brought about increases in market prices as well as a 5-10 baht increase in prepared foods with less portions.

Maybe I am getting paranoid but I am noticing less portions all over the place. Just opened a new box of Corn Flakes this morning the bag was half empty. Food sellers are now asking do you want the 35-45-55 baht size? plate of food. Even my once weekly donuts shop is making smaller donuts. Tuesday and Thursday salad bar price increased 40%. Milk and eggs seemed to be on a slow upwards trajectory yet the government talks deflation. I guess they are still doing a lot of communications with other countries as they seemed to have learned all their crooked ways of reporting so called facts to the masses. The pressure on my backside keeps increasing. I wonder how I will ask the doctor "Am I being screwed?"

Foreign teacher salaries will however, remain the same since 1985. clap2.gifclap2.gif

That's not true at all. Mine goes up 7% every year.

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Government teachers haven't had a pay rise since 1985.

I actually get less paid out now than 15 years ago.

Foreign teacher salaries will however, remain the same since 1985. clap2.gifclap2.gif

I am sure that is not true for the real teachers who actually have teaching degree's and experience

It is true.

Even teachers with MA haven't had a rise .... at government schools.

It is strange but true.

In the past foreign teachers at government institutions received a good salary, but as that hasn't been adjusted for so long, they now receive very little.

Experience and further education means nothing.

Edited by petedk

Just as in the last pay rate increase it mostly applied to gov workers and factories and in big cities. Out in the rural areas no wage increase was noticed. Just an observation though.

Also, the last wage increase brought about increases in market prices as well as a 5-10 baht increase in prepared foods with less portions.

Maybe I am getting paranoid but I am noticing less portions all over the place. Just opened a new box of Corn Flakes this morning the bag was half empty. Food sellers are now asking do you want the 35-45-55 baht size? plate of food. Even my once weekly donuts shop is making smaller donuts. Tuesday and Thursday salad bar price increased 40%. Milk and eggs seemed to be on a slow upwards trajectory yet the government talks deflation. I guess they are still doing a lot of communications with other countries as they seemed to have learned all their crooked ways of reporting so called facts to the masses. The pressure on my backside keeps increasing. I wonder how I will ask the doctor "Am I being screwed?"

It's where you're living.

Grapow Gai for my evening meal 30bht, as much as I can eat from my local food court in MaeJo, same price for 5 years now.

Corn Flakes 500gm from Makro, 89bht, down from 99bht 2 years back.

Donuts, still 10bht from the Mr. Donut in Chiang Mai (KSK Mall), same as they were 5 years ago, if your shop changed prices, go elsewhere or stop eating them.

Milk has gone up 25% in 5 years, eggs are still 85bht for 30 size 2.

Generally the only food prices I have seen increase by large amounts are foreigner owned restaurants selling foreigner food.

So I no longer eat in those places.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

5.9% of next to nothing for most workers,its no surprise

that so many are in debit,low wages ,high prices.

regards Worgeordie

People are in debt because they buy what they can not afford and many more are in debt because they work for 1 month out of 12

yes earning 15.000 Baht per month but own a Galaxy S 5 (soon 6), a new motorbike, a new car a new laptop and of course a large flatscreen.

I'll never understand how they can finance that....

Multiply that by the rest of the world's tech hungry people(their hooked) and you have an epidemic of major proportions. Good thing the banks can print more money they will never run out of money or suckers. Plus most of the new Tech products seem to have a self destruct chip that goes off after a couple years. Good thing the g/f found a brand new Samsung(cheapie) complete with charger while out on the bicycle. Ah the good Lord provides. Praying for the lottery now. Must switch to Budda I am after all in Thailand

What blood suckers in Bangkok ? People moan about Bangkok all the time while there are many normal people living here, they make up the majority. With propaganda like that no wonder the reds wanted to burn down Bangkok and now even foreigners demonize Bangkok.

You should look up the statistics and see how many normal people work here.

Its the usual poor n lazy man syndrome to blame the rich for them being poor.

Some believe laziness should be rewarded, while hard working should be punished.

Like farmers, who could go work elsewhere for 10 months of the year instead of swinging in hammocks getting drunk.

While you are right, the school system doesn't give equal chances. Farmers Somchai son in Nakhon Nowhere, no matter how smart won't get the same education as some rich boy and won't end as university professor. No matter how hard he tries.

Good schools on the country side wouldn't brake the bank and would help a lot. It would also help the rich to get an educated work force

It's no different to anywhere else in the world . Son of a factory worker does not go to Harvard it does not mean though that a grandson may not if father and grandfather worked hard.

Not everyone rich was born rich, many generations worked to get to wealth and keeping the wealth is just as hard as gaining it.

Not to mention not all are born with mental capacity to attend a real school

Not true when I studied, University (and all other education) was fully paid by the country (free), as well the tickets for train/bus/subway and some small money for living. If my parents would have been poor, I would have got some more money so I can really live, but only if I progress good at university.

So the kid from an old drunk would have got everything paid as long as the progress at university is good (well average, the rules were not too hard). That is what I call equal chances. And basically it doesn't cost the country anything. First of all it is not a huge number of poor people who will study up to Dr degree. Second these poor people after their education get higher salaries and pay these costs easily in higher taxes over their working life.

As well there are lots of other activities for children the government could cancel in favor of better education for the masses. I got told there are still schools without electric.......

regards Worgeordie

People are in debt because they buy what they can not afford and many more are in debt because they work for 1 month out of 12

yes earning 15.000 Baht per month but own a Galaxy S 5 (soon 6), a new motorbike, a new car a new laptop and of course a large flatscreen.

Multiply that by the rest of the world's tech hungry people(their hooked) and you have an epidemic of major proportions. Good thing the banks can print more money they will never run out of money or suckers. Plus most of the new Tech products seem to have a self destruct chip that goes off after a couple years. Good thing the g/f found a brand new Samsung(cheapie) complete with charger while out on the bicycle. Ah the good Lord provides. Praying for the lottery now. Must switch to Budda I am after all in Thailand

Well if the Samsung costs 20.000 Baht and she plays with it on Facebook all the day, she does not go shopping during that time. So within a few month you'll make profit. Don't forget to always encourage her to use social media.

As well you can happily and silent (beside some "bing bing" sound) enjoy your beer instead of being forced to pointless small talk.

It makes marriage happier

saves gasoline

saves money

works as contraceptive

and you can make phone calls with it.

But that wasnt what he said he said foreigner teachers not goverment teachers

Foreigner teachers work in government schools. So again............ no pay rises since 1985. The salary has stayed the same or has been reduced as the poster petedk says.

Foreigner teachers work in government schools. So again............ no pay rises since 1985. The salary has stayed the same or has been reduced as the poster petedk says.

Every single foreigner teacher within the borders of Thailand work for goverment schools, so all these big international schools are goverement schools then ?

I have lived here 11 years and it amazes me how the ordinary working Thai can manage on the basic wage of 300 Baht a day.

It really is slave labour for a 6 day week.

Plenty of new Mercedes and BMWs about though....I bet the owners don't live on that pittance!

I bet the owners of those Benz do not just show up to work and do as little as possible . I also bet they work 7 days per week, 24 hours per day. Do not change jobs every month or take 11 months holidays.

Not true when I studied, University (and all other education) was fully paid by the country (free), as well the tickets for train/bus/subway and some small money for living. If my parents would have been poor, I would have got some more money so I can really live, but only if I progress good at university.

So the kid from an old drunk would have got everything paid as long as the progress at university is good (well average, the rules were not too hard). That is what I call equal chances. And basically it doesn't cost the country anything. First of all it is not a huge number of poor people who will study up to Dr degree. Second these poor people after their education get higher salaries and pay these costs easily in higher taxes over their working life.

As well there are lots of other activities for children the government could cancel in favor of better education for the masses. I got told there are still schools without electric.......

So how many kids of drunks have you met at top university?

Also correct me if I am wrong, but in your home country every one pays tax .

Now how many drunks and somchai's pay any tax at all in Thailand ?

Edited by konying

I am a government teacher and I get a 7% raise every year. Most teachers in my school get at least a 6% raise but quite a few get 7%.

I don't know how Thailand keeps doing it. I don't think there will ever be a real estate crash here,

Since I met my girlfriend 2 years ago she got 3 different jobs with the average salary increase of 15% for each job. She also got a severance from a previous employer in the amount of 600,000 baht.

This severance would be unheard of in Canada even for a top level employees and she was just an admin assistant.

Long time or short time severance?

regards Worgeordie

You heard of Time Pay? Here it is Thai Pay...

Thai salaries go up 5.9% and the Thai baht goes down 10%. Works fine.

The weakening of the Baht has absolutely no impact on the average Thai salary earner. Just as the falling Baht means nothing to me, unless I plan going abroad or buying imported products, which I don't.